AuthorMessage
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Comments sought for trail plan   Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:47 am

Link: Comments sought for trail plan

Quote :
Want to go?
A pair of public involvement meetings will be held to gather input on a plan to create a series of bike and pedestrian trails linking the Shoals.
Meetings will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at Florence-Lauderdale Public Library, 350 N Wood Ave., Florence; 5-7 p.m. Tuesday, Tennessee Valley Art Center, 511 N. Water St.,
Tuscumbia.

My 20 yr. old son will love this. He lives downtown, doesn't own a car (& he could if he wanted to), rides his bike to/from work or anywhere else he wants to go.

With the price of gas and job loss, we may all be on bikes eventually. Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Comments sought for trail plan   Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:50 am

It would be great to have trails. It's too dangerous to ride on the rode (did you know you get extra points for a bike hit? LOL), and the trails that are available are scattered about like a drunk made them.

I have not been on a bike in years, don't even have one right now, but it was fun. I guess they will be the mode of transportation again. Any body see the Segway's that UNA uses for it's cops? Those things are so cooool.
Back to top Go down
Evil Genius
Sonneteer

PostSubject: Re: Comments sought for trail plan   Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:21 am

I've always felt for many years, the worst thing that happened in Florence was they quit requiring developers to put sidewalks in, and the city itself quit pouring sidewalks. Up to the early 50s sidewalks were everywhere especially in downtown living areas. I would like to see the city pour sidewalks on all the major streets all the way out to Cox Creek Parkway, Wood Ave (Cloverdale Road), Chisholm Road, Darby Drive, Florence Boulevard. I would lots rather see the major money spent on this than some of the other projects they waste money on.

I say it again, the people that run for office in Florence and other cities have no vision. Once they get in office, city employees become their constituency, and all they think about is catering to city employees and don't think about things that sound insignificant but are big in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Comments sought for trail plan   Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:40 am

Recent implemented changes to the planning ordinances of the City of Florence now require sidewalks in all developments.......

Page 11 of the attached:

http://www.florenceal.org/City_Departments/Planning_Department/SubRegs-Final.pdf

The roadways that are listed, with the exception of Wood Avenue, are all State right of ways. The City has no jurisdiction for the development of the right of way.The city can only "request" a feature. Final design approval is reserved to the DOT. Wood Avenue reverts back to State right of way at Big Star.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comments sought for trail plan   Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:49 pm

I recently had a cost of two thousand, not to exceed included in my new house contract. Covent rules voted for by the subdivision.
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Comments sought for trail plan   Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:36 pm

I'm in Muscle Shoals and in the past few years sidewalks were added to Avalon and Firestone...and maybe a few other streets, but one is desperately needed on
John R. between Avalon and 6th. During the school year i see several kids riding bikes to school and having to dodge the traffic on that street.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comments sought for trail plan   

Back to top Go down

Comments sought for trail plan
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1