Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:52 am

Morning folks!
Sorry to hear of your loss lmm.
Got the turkey cooking in the oil less fryer. been busy already this am.
Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:58 am

Good morning all.

Purr woke up Grumpy this morning...that's what she calls me before I get my first cup of coffee Cool
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:17 am

Good morning.
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:27 am

Hi there!
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:33 am

Hello y'all Smile
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:49 am

Good morning, Blue, unc, Purr and all. Mornin

Coffee still loading...I had crazy dreams all night. I think that is due to being worried about my kids. Both are having money problems, the daughter due to her ex not paying child support on time & let's be honest, buying a vehicle she can't afford. The son operates under the assumption that if he doesn't think about it, it will magically go away & has gotten himself in trouble. Keep in mind we have preached money management to them since they were old enough to understand. We even put the daughter through the Dave Ramsey course before graduation. Parenting sucks sometimes...just saying. We are not financially able to help them either, just proud to be able to pay bills right now. We are not having to come up with many Christmas gifts because our extended family is struggling as well. What I want to know is how all those shoppers I see are doing fine. scratch Oh well...we'll get through it, always do. Wink

At least there is food, games & cheer coming this weekend...a wonderful time will be had by all at family gatherings.
elf tree snowman rudolf snowsmile
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:31 am

I understand, Joy. We aren't really shopping this year, but we have to do the best we can and be good with that I guess. I hate it for the kids, but life is life. I know it's hard to see kids struggle...maybe this will be what gets them on the right track I hope, but I know it's hard to see Hug

Morning, Blue, gus, Purr, and anyone else who comes by. I wish you a great day wagtail
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:44 am

Good Morning All...........
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:51 am

Good morning, Ubu Hiya
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:55 am

Oh, and I really am not a fan of 70 degree weather in late December. I mean really...I'm not asking for a blizzard and deep freeze, but may I request some chillier weather, please? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:16 am

Synchronicity wrote:
Oh, and I really am not a fan of 70 degree weather in late December. I mean really...I'm not asking for a blizzard and deep freeze, but may I request some chillier weather, please? Rolling Eyes

Right now i'm liking the novelty of put the top down and blast the music 70 degree thing , but on
Christmas eve and Christmas day i want COLD, and if not snowy, then at least cloudy and a little dreary
so i can pretend it might snow any minute.

Christmas here>>>This being our first Christmas together, we are making it a great one....but not going too overboard. Luckily B-man
is happy with some of the offerings from the Dollar Tree. He loves unwrapping gifts, so he always winds up with a few
plastic candy canes filled with candy and a box or two of thin mints, wrapped individually.......but he has to share them Laughing And
he gets mostly things he needs.......pants, a new jacket, etc. The thing i think is going to be a great hit is a book Sassy bought him.
He loves the alphabet, and his one-on-one said he likes pop-up books......so Mark found him a fantastic ABC pop-up book. study

For the past few years i've made my specialty vanilla wafer cakes and given them to a few close friends as gifts, but i've not
had a man to shop for since 1999.....so i've had a great time shopping for Sassy this year Very Happy
Last Christmas, after giving his (then) wife her Christmas gift, she nonchalantly told him she didn't buy him anything. Not even a card.
I'm making that up to him I love you
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:34 am

You gave him you...best gift he ever received princess
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:50 am

Thanks, Sync...same sentiment to you as well. Hug

Purr, that's awesome! Sassy, some people just naturally suck the joy out of the room...so happy for you that this has been & will continue to be a merry Christmas for all of you.

Same here on the warm weather. I will like open windows this afternoon, but it's just way odd in December. I rarely get it, but I'm always dreaming of a white Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:01 pm

Synchronicity wrote:
You gave him you...best gift he ever received princess

and he gave me him Very Happy the best gift *I* ever received I love you
...the gift that keeps on giving Dance
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:52 am

Let me be the first to wish everyone a good morning.
Back to top Go down
cage the elephant
Free Verse!

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:05 am

Good Morning, Blue! And all you other Peeps!

Up @ 4 am.

My "Baby" didn't leave me...but I still gotz the "Can't Sleep Blues"... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:47 am

You need to be out working instead of in the bed sleeping!!!

Good morning everyone!
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:17 am

Good morning, Blue, cage, unc & all. coffee2

Headed out to get ingredients for items I am in charge of bringing to various Christmas gatherings. I hope they are still in stock. Shocked

I hope you early risers get a good nap sometime today to make up for lost sleep. Kitty
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:30 am

Morning folks.

Thanks for all the good wishes. I loved my baby, but he was so weak and thin, it was time.

Seems I tore some cartilage in my knee, so off work for a few weeks and Walmart is not happy. They are also not happy that i went to my own doctor instead of waiting for one through workman's comp. So, basically, since I went to my doctor and then the Bone and Joint center, they will not cover any of the costs. Oh well, by the time I jumped through the hoops for their workman's comp (they manage their own system) my leg would have fallen off.

So I guess when I go back, my next 4 or 5 paychecks will pay for my knee. Yay.

I have never worked for a place where I did not have insurance so I guess I am the stupid one here. This may be normal now, but do any of you know if a claim for workman's comp always requires a drug test FIRST? Even though this happened Friday, I was told I would still have to have a drug test, on Tuesday, before they would schedule a doctor visit for me. I also would have to skip the Bone and Joint center and wait for their doctor to make a determination.

Seems my Christmas shopping will be errands run by hubby. Luckily, we already have the cooking stuff. Presents are very small. But, the house looks pretty so I'm good.

tree tree tree tree tree tree tree tree tree tree
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:10 am

LMM, it may be in the best interest that you speak to an attorney? Did you notify the employer
on Friday when you were hurt?

I know someone who was hurt on the job at Wise, and they gave him all kind of run around.
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:16 am

Good Morning All........

I gotta say Purr.......eventually.......she gave him the greatest gift ever.....for him that is..........just sayin'

Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:23 am

Every place I worked, if you injured yourself on the job, you had to take a drug test. If you test positive, they get to fire you and they don't have to pay for your medical care.
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:44 am

lmm wrote:
Morning folks.

Thanks for all the good wishes. I loved my baby, but he was so weak and thin, it was time.

Seems I tore some cartilage in my knee, so off work for a few weeks and Walmart is not happy. They are also not happy that i went to my own doctor instead of waiting for one through workman's comp. So, basically, since I went to my doctor and then the Bone and Joint center, they will not cover any of the costs. Oh well, by the time I jumped through the hoops for their workman's comp (they manage their own system) my leg would have fallen off.

So I guess when I go back, my next 4 or 5 paychecks will pay for my knee. Yay.

I have never worked for a place where I did not have insurance so I guess I am the stupid one here. This may be normal now, but do any of you know if a claim for workman's comp always requires a drug test FIRST? Even though this happened Friday, I was told I would still have to have a drug test, on Tuesday, before they would schedule a doctor visit for me. I also would have to skip the Bone and Joint center and wait for their doctor to make a determination.

Seems my Christmas shopping will be errands run by hubby. Luckily, we already have the cooking stuff. Presents are very small. But, the house looks pretty so I'm good.

tree tree tree tree tree tree tree tree tree tree

Geez Louise! I've never had benefits with any job...so dunno...but so sorry you are going through this. Walmart can kiss my grits! rolling pin
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:04 am

Good morning, everyone Peace

LMM, i deal with knee pain and am wishing a quick healing for you. I've known others that have not been happy with
how WM handles the care of their employees.

Ubu, thank you for the sweet words Hug

Gus.....i hope you don't mind my pasting this here......it's a post you made on another forum when you had the beard last
December . When i found it it made me laugh...again.

>>>> HaHa! I didn't tell you about my service call at a local daycare, Tuesday I was working on a package
heating unit at Play World. The 3-4 year olds has a chain linked play area that is just inches away from the unit I was
working on. It just so happens that I have on a crimson shirt, every one of those kids was right next to me telling me
what that want. The teachers kept trying to drag the kids away and telling them,"he's not Santa". I eventually
had to tell them Santa is my cousin. lol! <<<<
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:18 am

LOL Purr!

Blue it is my understanding that regardless of drug test, workers comp has to pay if you are hurt on the job.
If you do test positive then they have a stand to not pay for disability claims?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   

Back to top Go down

Good morning
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next