Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:31 am

Oh gus on the Santa Crackingup That needed a video Yes

That sucks, lmm No

Purr, Joy, Blue, Ubu, and anyone else I missed since I am doing three things at once, good morning, happy day, and love each other well. Hug
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:45 pm

unclegus wrote:
LMM, it may be in the best interest that you speak to an attorney? Did you notify the employer
on Friday when you were hurt?

I know someone who was hurt on the job at Wise, and they gave him all kind of run around.

Hi Gus, I told a co-worker but none of the supervisors were still around. They all leave by 5pm. I know another guy who injured his shoulder on a Friday and was told to wait and see if it got better over the weekend. The ones who handle the paperwork is personnel and they leave at 4 each day. So I would have had to hunt down a supervision from another department who would have told me to wait till Monday.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:47 pm

Bluetick wrote:
Every place I worked, if you injured yourself on the job, you had to take a drug test. If you test positive, they get to fire you and they don't have to pay for your medical care.

Thanks Blue, I wondered if that was just Walmart. Of course, I could have been drunk off my gourd and it would not have shown up 4 days later. Really stupid policy.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:48 pm

Quote :

Geez Louise! I've never had benefits with any job...so dunno...but so sorry you are going through this. Walmart can kiss my grits! rolling pin

LOL, thanks Boss. I admit I have been spoiled by having insurance. I have either had my own through work or been covered by hubby's. Workman's comp is a whole new world to me.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:53 pm

It's so wrong that it's all stacked so that the fewest workers possible get any help, can't get insurance, and that the drug test is used for an excuse to not treat injured workers. It is just wrong and all in the name of profits. If they treated their workers well they might actually have happy, healthy workers who made their business even more and didn't drop over from illness and injury and have to sue to get anything if they even have the heart and resources to do it. It doesn't have to be like that. I'm sorry you got hurt and didn't get treated as you should have been No
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:54 pm

Quote :
Good morning, everyone Peace

LMM, i deal with knee pain and am wishing a quick healing for you. I've known others that have not been happy with
how WM handles the care of their employees.

Thanks Purr. He put a cortisone shot into the knee, which did hurt, but he numbed it well and it feels better today.
Walmart only cares about their employees if they can do their job. When they keep piling on more and you complain, you get a lecture on not being capable. It's almost like they want to make you quit. You don't get any benefits until you make a full year, so having regular turnovers saves them a lot of money.

It's sucky, but for right now, all I can get at my age. I don't mean to sound whiney about it, just very confusing. crazy2

advent tree snowsmile
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:56 pm

Synchronicity wrote:
It's so wrong that it's all stacked so that the fewest workers possible get any help, can't get insurance, and that the drug test is used for an excuse to not treat injured workers. It is just wrong and all in the name of profits. If they treated their workers well they might actually have happy, healthy workers who made their business even more and didn't drop over from illness and injury and have to sue to get anything if they even have the heart and resources to do it. It doesn't have to be like that. I'm sorry you got hurt and didn't get treated as you should have been No

Thanks Synch. It will work out. I was not going to wait a week and then have some quack tell me I was faking.

I do believe in Karma. Walmart is due a big come back! Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:12 am

We're still here. Yea!!! good morning all. Happy apocalypse. Giggle
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:38 am

Now come on guys, stop playin with me. ya'll are still here right? Guys? ....Guys!
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:45 am

You know, I can't not answer you, Blue. I keep thinking about the Twilight Zone episodes where one person was left and hearing you calling out into cyberspace...lol.

Morning, all. Still here and still glad I can come say good morning to you all. Blue, stay warm and enjoy your day, and everyone..stay healthy. Hug insync angelC gman snowsmile elf rudolf
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:53 am

Morning folks!
yep I'm still here all the cols people are still calling and are...cold, so I gotta go warm em up!
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:01 am

You're a good man Gus. cold
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:03 am

It's good to know someone is helping people stay warm Clap
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:17 am

Purr wrote:
Gus.....i hope you don't mind my pasting this here......it's a post you made on another forum when you had the beard last
December . When i found it it made me laugh...again.

>>>> HaHa! I didn't tell you about my service call at a local daycare, Tuesday I was working on a package
heating unit at Play World. The 3-4 year olds has a chain linked play area that is just inches away from the unit I was
working on. It just so happens that I have on a crimson shirt, every one of those kids was right next to me telling me
what that want. The teachers kept trying to drag the kids away and telling them,"he's not Santa". I eventually
had to tell them Santa is my cousin. lol! <<<<

I love that! Thanks! It made me chuckle, too! Very Happy

Good morning, Blue, Sync, unc and all! I'm getting so excited the closer we get to Christmas. I said Christmas yesterday at work & squealed like a little girl, which made the coworkers & customers laugh...haha...which proves it has nothing to do with the presents. It's the magic and how blessed I am and the greatest gift ever given and seeing my family all together at the same time...it's the best.

snowman rudolf grinch angelC santa gman tree elf advent snowsmile
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:22 am

Joy Clap Just enjoy it and share all your joy...you made my day just feeling all the giggles off your post yay
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:58 am

Goood morning! sunny
It may be cold, but there's some good looking sunshine going on out there sunny

Joy, i haven't squealed with delight about Christmas ....yet.....but it's right under the
surface.....bubbling Giggle

B-man is home sick again today.....but he's much better than yesterday. His fever broke
last night, and other than a runny nose and occasional cough seems to be fine.

I'm getting out to buy groceries today and told Mark i was wondering if Wal-Mart had any end
of the world specials going on. He said Wal-Mart was like a cockroach, they would survive......
for them there would be no end of the world.....and the zombies have to shop somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:20 am

Good Morning All......
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:59 pm

Oh Purr, sorry B-man is sick. This stuff is nasty. Amanda is here all congested and passed out...you know 8 year olds don't pass out at 1pm unless they feel rotten.

I agree on the cockroach..ugh. mummy I want to get to Publix to see if they are like the others I liked other places. scratch

Howdy, Ubu! Nice to see we all survived...or maybe we are all in an alternate reality now together. I guess not since the traffic is awful...surely I wouldn't pick an alternate reality full of cars sitting in lines Rolling Eyes

The sunshine is wonderful, I must admit.

Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:22 am

Good morning all.
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:56 am

Good morning, Sassy & all! snowsmile

Sync, I am thrilled to pass some giggles...they make wrinkles fade & make you look 10 pounds lighter...that's what I hear. Yes Giggle
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:43 am

Hello and good morning cheers

B-man is on the mend.....no fever in 24 hours, runny nose and coughing have subsided,
but still wanting to sleep a lot.
Sync, i hope Amanda is doing better today.

a cousin's fb status gave me a chuckle a few minutes ago.....he said the world will end 12/31/2013, and he knows
this is so because he got a new calendar from the bank and that is the last date it has on it.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:10 am

I like that, Joy. I should have no wrinkles and be 90 lbs, then, though. Giggle

Good B-man is feeling better! Amanda seems to be as well. I think hers might have been her allergies or a short virus since she woke up fine...who knows?

Crackingup Makes sense to me. If the calendar ends then it must be the end, right? Giggle No chance it could be just the begnining of a new one...that would be too reasonable.
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:20 pm

Morning all! Wait. It is afternoon already. Got some butts cooking and been on two calls this am .
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:21 pm

I never thought I would ask anyone this...but how do you cook your butts?
Giggle
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:52 pm

Synchronicity wrote:
I never thought I would ask anyone this...but how do you cook your butts?
Giggle

scratch Giggle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   

Back to top Go down

Good morning
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next