View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:05 am

Morning all.

All my kitties have the bells removed and the mommies have the cradle removed.

It is worse for the ladies, but it only takes one un-neutered male to make a whole lot of babies.

On a side note, my oldest male is slowly passing away. He is 14. Having worked for a vet, I refuse to have him put in a cage with an IV until he goes. Not my idea of the end to a wonderful life. He will go while being with me, even though I cry all the time. Not my image I know, but even assassins can cry sometimes. He is the only cat I have ever seen born and so it really hurts with him. He's always been 'my baby'. When I started work, he would whine all day and drive the family nuts until I got back home. Always met me at the car door. I lost my last male on my birthday and I guess I will lose this one at Christmas time. Not trying to bring the mood down, just giving a little info on things here.

Ubu, it's nice you adopted the hound, she is cute.

Blue, glad your girl is better.

To Synch, Gus, Cage, OB, FV, Purr, Sassy, and anyone I missed----Merry Christmas.

Joy, best wishes on your tests and you know I care for you.... Hug

Well, I'm off work today after 6 days straight, have some shopping to do.

Best wishes for a good holiday season folks.
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:53 pm

Lmm, I am sorry. I know how it hurts. Let him know you love him. That's all you can do. You make a terrible assassin. You are much too caring and kind to be much of a killer.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:56 pm

Bluetick wrote:
Lmm, I am sorry. I know how it hurts. Let him know you love him. That's all you can do. You make a terrible assassin. You are much too caring and kind to be much of a killer.

What he said...I'm sorry...I know it hurts and I'm sorry Hug
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:33 pm

I am crying for you lmm, but I'd not have it any other way. Please share about him anytime you want. That goes for all of you. Never feel like you can't share your heartache as well as your joys.

Exams are over. I did well on all but the last one...just didn't have anything left. I wasn't alone in that. The whole class looked like they just woke up from a three day drunk, bless 'em. I vegged all day after my exam this morning and will continue to do so until time to get ready for work tomorrow.

Love y'all. Hug
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:44 pm

Well, Joy, hopefully you did better than you think you did. I understand just being done and not having anything left to give by the time exams are over. I remember a certain algebra exam I had on the same day with two others I had to study intensely for, and I just plain couldn't do much with it after all the other studying. I passed, but didn't do very well, and by that point I was just happy to get out of the class faint Good luck on getting a good grade on it Hug

And I like your description of the class..sounds familiar Giggle
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:46 pm

Synchronicity wrote:
Bluetick wrote:

What he said...I'm sorry...I know it hurts and I'm sorry Hug

lmm, i echo the above, and my heart goes out to you. Hug
He's your child and you love him. I'm sure he loves you and is
very grateful for the long, good life you've given him.
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:43 am

Insomnia sux...I haven't been to sleep yet. Do you know what else sux? TV at 3:00 in the morning. I did have time to send some good thoughts for LMM and her baby.

Oh yeah.........good morning all. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:57 am

Good morning all.

LMM, my heart goes out to you.

My Molly was a 14 year old Poodle. I picked her out of a litter when she was three weeks old, and took her home when she was two days shy of 6 weeks old. For 14 years, she graced my life with friendship. She began having seizures daily, and had to be given phenobarbital to control them. Unfortunately, she had to be given a larger and larger dose, resulting in her being sedated most of the time. After agonizing over this for a couple of months, I chose to drive her to the vet and hold her in my arms while he administered the shot that ended her pain.

I ain't ashamed to say I cried a lot that day.
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:30 am

Punkin was born in my bedroom. I helped her be delivered. I know about loving them. I had a Lab that I had euthanized over 25 years ago and I have tears in my eyes right now just thinking about him. I ain't ashamed either. To be honest, I would be ashamed if I didn't shed those tears. Ain't no shame in loving something that loves you.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:40 am

Bluetick wrote:
Insomnia sux...I haven't been to sleep yet. Do you know what else sux? TV at 3:00 in the morning. I did have time to send some good thoughts for LMM and her baby.

Oh yeah.........good morning all. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hug Sorry you didn't sleep. Hopefully you can sleep better tonight Hug
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:44 am

Probably not Sync. Cause I am probably gonna sleep all day. Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:45 am

Bluetick wrote:
Probably not Sync. Cause I am probably gonna sleep all day. Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle

Blue, you are so funny Giggle
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:49 am

Good morning, Blue, Sassy, Sync and all. I feel human this morning, the sun is shining and the coffee is delicious! snowsmile
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:50 am

Wonderful, Joy! Enjoy life as a human again.

Oh, and good morning, everyone, and have a lovely day yay
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:24 am

Good Morning All.....

(((((hugs)))) and Happy thoughts sent your way LMM!
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:40 am

Good morning everyone..... Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug <<<< group hug Very Happy
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:45 am

Good morning everyone!

LMM, like everyone else, I can understand your pain. Sometimes doing what hurts the most is the only right thing.
I have known many people who as soon as their pet was uncomfortable or different from what they once were to end their
life, I do not agree with that, though there does come a time when we have to say goodbye.
The only people who has never loved an animal is the only one's who cannot understand the love a pet can give.
Back to top Go down
cage the elephant
Free Verse!

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:07 am

Good Morning and Merry Christmas to all.

lmm, sorry to hear about your baby. I haven't had a pet long enough in the last 10 years to get really close to. That was until now.
Most of my dogs either got killed or wandered of to greener pastures. (I've always been rural)
The last 4 pets have been cats. My wife and kids always wanted cats but I detested them. Long story short. For years we were the dumping spot for strays,and every cat /dog ended up at my house. More often than not they destroyed garbage, left tracks on the cars, and destroyed my ecosystem (birds and squirrels)
When we moved we had one female cat ( a 3rd generation) who then had a liter of three which only one survived. They were OK. I got used to them. They were outside cats.
When the trailer we lived in burned and we were moving we couldn't find them.

Later we found the "mom" and 2 NEW kittens in an old junk van that I had. We could only catch one kitten. We took HER with us when we moved to Uncles place.
Wife named her "Ivey".
More on that later.
A couple of weeks later I had the van towed to the place. The wrecker driver said he saw a cat bail out on the way here. We looked for the other kitten but didn't find it. 3 days later Gus's son told us a friend of his had a kitten that he had found. He brought her to us and it was the one we couldn't find. (the van was filled with junk) The wife and son took her in and named her "Lucky" because she had survived the haul and been "rescued".
Some time later, my sister, who is a "cat person" informed us Ivey was not an "Ivey", but an "Ivan". Hell, I didn't look to see when we got "him"! Giggle
I allowed, for the first time, for them to be indoor pets, with reservations.
Ivey (no use changing the name after 3 months) immediately became attached to me, although I tried to dissuade that. Laughing
He follows me around. Gets on the couch with me and sleeps, gets in my lap, ambushes me sometimes when I walk by,etc. He always goes to the door and wants out to do his "job". Very playful. He "bites" me when I rough with him, but knows how hard to do it. Never has wrecked anything in the house. I don't think he is really a cat.
I would miss him if he weren't around.
Lucky takes moods, but can be a cozy with me as Ivey at times. They're both a "trip" to watch play with each other. First time I have really observed cats in action. Funny and amazing at times.
So, I kind of know what you are going through.
Hope the end is peaceful.

Joy, congrats!

Ya'll have a good day!

Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:34 am

Cage be sure and to the responsible thing and have the bells and cradles
removed so there is not a cat population explosion issue in the hollow. LOL!
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:51 am

Thanks for all the good wishes and support. He is still alive but very weak. He has decided to sleep in the downstairs bathroom, I guess because water and litter box are both close by. The weird thing is the other cats won't go in there to do their business now. It's like they don't want to disturb Squeek. It's all very touching the way they let him sleep. He is not in pain, I am guessing he probably has cancer. I have been searching the web and this fits his symptoms.

Cancer cachexia
The weight loss and loss of body condition associated with cancer is different than the weight loss seen in a cat who may be suffering from starvation. The weight loss seen in cats with cancer is called "cancer cachexia." During starvation, an animal first loses body fat. In cancer cachexia, the animal loses both fat and muscle at an equal rate. Cancer cachexia is associated with severe malnutrition and loss of muscle mass even if adequate amount of food is being eaten, and often the food intake is decreased which worsens the problem.

I have lost many pets and I have cried with them all. This one is like losing a child. We have him wrapped in a blanket and he has his water nearby. Thanks again for all the kindness...

Work would be a pain right now. I just know he is going to die while I'm not home. Sad A few pics of him when he felt better.

Well, enough.

Please all of you try to have a great day. Go shopping, make cookies, eat chocolate. A good day.

Last edited by lmm on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cage the elephant
Free Verse!

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:58 am

unclegus wrote:
Cage be sure and to the responsible thing and have the bells and cradles
removed so there is not a cat population explosion issue in the hollow. LOL!

Problem solved, Gus!

"Cat Diaper"! Giggle

Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:00 am

Giggle
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:55 pm

lmm, he's a gorgeous guy. Very regal! And he's a very lucky guy to be home with those he loves, and that love him.
Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:41 am

Good morning all.

Got a little work to get done today.
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:17 am

Oooo, lmm, he's a pretty baby. Cats are so intuitive, know when their human & animal buddies are hurting or sick. That's so sweet.

cage, the little buggers sneak up on you and steal your heart. Giggle

Good morning, all. I am keeping my oldest grandson today. He leaves for his Dad's on Saturday; I wanted him all to myself one day before he goes. Then I work a short shift tonight at work. Another good night's rest with school out does a body good. Smile

snowman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   

Back to top Go down

Good morning
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next