Share | 

Christmas!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Christmas!!!   Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:20 am

WHAT?! Who was in charge of putting Christmas on the calendar?! That was a close one, folks! angelC

So, if you have time, please feel free to share favorite Christmas memories or what you are up to this Christmas. snowman

snowsmile snowsmile snowsmile snowsmile snowsmile snowsmile snowsmile snowsmile snowsmile snowsmile snowsmile snowsmile snowsmile snowsmile snowsmile snowsmile snowsmile snowsmile
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Christmas!!!   Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:30 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!!!

This year has been a difficult one with lots of little problems. Some have been easy to solve and some are ongoing. I do hope that each of the wonderful people here find peace and tranquility and have their most important wishes come true.
I seem to whine lately so I have not posted much. A few days of reflection is coming up and I hope to face the world with a better attitude. Since we all have varied ideas of Christmas, I hope that each of you find some peace and comfort and enjoy the warmth of family around you. Whether it's the big guy in the sky, the spiritual aura of water, or an enlightenment of the mind; may you all find the thing that makes you happy.

My best Christmas memory was getting a kitchen set when I was 5 or 6. It had a fridge, sink, stove , and counter all molded together in one piece. You could put water in the sink. It came with play food and little dishes. It was the best thing in the world. I 'washed' my dad's coffee cup Christmas morning and he laughed. At that moment, the world was grand.

Have grand days folks.
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Christmas!!!   Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:55 pm

Merry Christmas all!

LMM, the older we get the harder it is to match those early Christmas's.
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Christmas!!!   Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:03 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Christmas!!!   Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:54 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS FOLKS!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Christmas!!!   Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:58 am

Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Christmas!!!   Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:53 am

Wonderful pictures, wonderful sentiments, and wonderful place to come see wonderful people Love Love

It's been a challenging year in some ways, but the last couple of months have felt like energy shifting to new opportunities and beginnings, so it has felt like time to get closure on things, finish up old projects and situations, and ready ourselves for the coming year. I feel as if there will be challenges, but also windows of opportunity for those ready to try things they haven't before...time to step outside our comfort zones and heal, grow, and feel joy whatever else comes along.

So my memory? Well,I remember as a child it was my sister, my dad, and me at home and things were really rough, but one year I remember getting a stick of Doublemint gum and I made it last all day...nibbled corners and savored every single taste. I really enjoyed that stick of gum and can still taste it..yum. So despite all the awful stuff going on I enjoyed that piece of gum, and I remember thinking nice thoughts about my sister (kind of unusual at the time) that she got me that gum elf
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Christmas!!!   Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:59 am

Like they say...sometimes the simple pleasures........well you know the rest. Merry Christmas to you my friend.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Christmas!!!   Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:26 am

And to you as well, my friend yay
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Christmas!!!   Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:40 pm

I have been very blessed with the Christmases in my life.
There were several Christmases when my dad was out of work, we received commodities, and my
mom's tips and small salary from waitresing was the only income we had for a family of six, but my parents
always managed to give us a good Christmas. I think it was because they both had to
do without so much when they were growing up.

My most memorable Christmas was when i was six and received a new bicycle, plus my sister (who was 7) and
i each got dress-up kits that contained a "mink" stole, pearl necklace and dangly earrings, tiara,
sparkly pink purse and high heels, and stinky perfume.

Sis and i arrived at my grandparents house for Christmas dinner looking like royalty queen (we thought), but methinks we
probably smelled like overly ripe peasants. Yuck
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Christmas!!!   Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:42 pm

Purr, I have the image...how sweet!! And fragrant Giggle queen
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Christmas!!!   Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:59 am

Loved the Christmas stories. snowsmile

We made a special memory this year. In lieu of gifts, we played 'Dirty Santa' at my Mom's house but the gifts were memorabilia from my Grandfather & Grandmother with each gift having a story. I swear it was just too awesome. I got a very old ceramic cigarette box with two matching handheld ashtrays...it's so cool! I don't smoke, but must find cool cigarettes to put in there. Pawpaw got it during WWII when he was in Italy for a time. It felt like my Grandparents were there at Christmas. I cannot thank my Mom enough for this one.
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Christmas!!!   Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:06 am

You need to be careful with those "cool cigarettes".......I don't think they are legal yet. Giggle Giggle Giggle
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Christmas!!!   Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:25 am

Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Christmas!!!   Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:03 am

Christmas was a little different for us this year........considering.

We didn't worry so much about presents and stuff. We tried to start some new traditions this year. I was a little worried how my mom would be.......considering.

Anyhoo.......she has been passing "thangs" on to me and the kiddies here lately........

One thing that was really, really special. A glass case that had:

1.) My great-grandfathers pocket watch
2.) The bag of tobacco and rolling papers he was carrying the day he "passed".......At least I think it is tobacco Whistle
3.) My grandfathers union card and union book when he made journeyman.
4.) My grandfathers retirement watch, cigarette lighter and pin.
5.) My dad's retirement watch, cigarette lighter and pin.

and a bunch of other little nick nacks that would mean nothing to anyone but me.

Probably the most special thing in it involves a little story. Wifey has always been skittish about knives and guns when it comes to her darling. You know, the one I call "the beast" Giggle . Anyway, when he was about four he was with my dad and was talking about how he wished he had his own knife to carry around. My dad bought him a little barlow. (All of us guys know the rite of passage with a barlow knife.......right?).

Anyhoo, whenever "the beast" was with my dad he would carry that knife around. When it was time to come home, he would give the knife back to my dad to keep because he knew his mom would get upset. He did that up until he was about seven or eight years old. My dad kept that knife..............

Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Christmas!!!   Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:08 am

Love that, Ubu...it's when the things are not so much about the things but the person or special memory to which it is lovingly attached...they are priceless, a treasure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas!!!   

Back to top Go down

Christmas!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1