HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Dinosaur exhibits inspire awe in visitors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Dinosaur exhibits inspire awe in visitors   Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:38 am

Link: Dinosaur exhibits inspire awe in visitors

Quote :
I didn't last long as a virtual Tyrannosaurus rex. After hunting some tasty Triceratops, I was attacked by a fellow T. rex — a traitor. The chomping sounds emitted from the “Be the Dinosaur” game console as I perished were followed by a message that got straight to the point: “Your dinosaur failed to survive the Cretaceous period.”...

...“Yes, we have a dig pit,” Wade said, laughing and leading the way to large sand boxes filled with fake bones.

Smaller children have their own area and can take home one object they find, such as a shark tooth or a shell. Bigger children can help uncover dinosaur fossils, which staff members periodically recover with sand. This is the area kids don't want to leave, Wade said.

You think if I put my hair in pigtails, wear a party dress & hide my face behind a giant sucker that I could pass for a bigger child? I wanna play!!! Giggle

The line from the game is a hoot...“Your dinosaur failed to survive the Cretaceous period.” - LOL
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur exhibits inspire awe in visitors   Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:41 am

That would be awesome. alien
Back to top Go down
DeepFat
Limerick Lover

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur exhibits inspire awe in visitors   Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:05 pm

Awesome! Some dinosaurs did survive the Cretaceous. We call them "birds".

DF
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur exhibits inspire awe in visitors   Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:12 am

I saw a great exhibit when I was in Nebraska recently. They had uncovered two mammoths with their long curvy horns linked together...they believe they were fighting when they died. They took all of the bones of one of them, put them together, cast a copy of it's head and attached it to the real bones. He was a big'un. Smile I have a picture of my foot beside his foot. I'll post pictures later.

It was SO cool. It was fun...fossils everywhere you look. What was weird is that we thought we were going to an old fort, which it was, but then bam, here is this great science museum. Those of us who have been to every fort our husbands happen by were really happy to see the science museum...lol.

I cannot imagine having enough patience to be an archeologist...maybe they are fueled from the adrenaline they get the last time they found something, but it is an extremely slow process, both in the field and in the lab.
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur exhibits inspire awe in visitors   Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:36 am

Joy, i envy you! The science museum sounds great.
You're right about archeologist and patience, but the payoff of uncovering/discovering history that way......being the first to touch something after so many years,feeling the vibes and getting images from it. Priceless!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur exhibits inspire awe in visitors   

Back to top Go down

Dinosaur exhibits inspire awe in visitors
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1