HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

For Rep. Anthony Weiner, a dramatic fall via social media

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: For Rep. Anthony Weiner, a dramatic fall via social media   Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:19 am

Link: For Rep. Anthony Weiner, a dramatic fall via social media

Quote :
...Politicians are among those who sometimes believe the rules don't apply to them, according to psychologists and sociologists who study behavior. They say the self-confidence politicians must exude to succeed can lead them to believe they are invincible, and ego can lead them astray.

Sociologist Pepper Schwartz of the University of Washington says Weiner — like many other politicians caught in sex scandals — apparently dismissed the women's ability to protect themselves.

"He made the mistake others have: underestimating everybody else and overestimating yourself," Schwartz says. "That's the thread that goes through these things. Whether it's the IMF guy who thinks the maid is a throwaway person or Bill Clinton, who assumes his word is bigger than her word. All these men thought these women were beyond holding them responsible, and they've all been wrong."

Social media networks have opened up new possibilities for missteps — and for quick and dramatic exposure of such scandals.

"I always give candidates a briefing on what to do and not to do with social media," says Joseph Mercurio, a Democratic consultant in New York, "but I never thought I'd have to tell a congressman to not be sexting."...

...House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi and Rep. Steve Israel, chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, each called for an investigation by the Ethics Committee to determine whether House rules were violated.

Oh please. I'm sure no House rules were violated, but it does make him appear a dork, a cheat and a moron. I do appreciate the psychologists chiming in because these sex scandals by intelligent & career-driven people have never made sense to me. If you have a job that puts you on media radar 24/7 and you'd like to protect the career you have poured your entire life into, exert some self control already. The ego trip theory does at least explain impairment in judgment I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: For Rep. Anthony Weiner, a dramatic fall via social media   Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:54 am

They always do that 'violated' rules things so they can say it's not Congress's money that fueled the fling or tweets or whatever. Happens for both parties. A CYA moment.

Weiner proved he is a weiner. Giggle
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: For Rep. Anthony Weiner, a dramatic fall via social media   Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:04 am

Bahahaha....I so didn't even think about the man's name...comedians will have a field day with this one.
Back to top Go down
The Nagel
Odist

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: For Rep. Anthony Weiner, a dramatic fall via social media   Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:39 pm

Joy wrote:
Bahahaha....I so didn't even think about the man's name...comedians will have a field day with this one.

he's acctually close friends with Jon Stewart. they went to college together....

Jon showed the picture in question, and said ' look folks.. he is my friend. we were good friends at school.. we hung out... crashed at each others places a lot. you know the deal, how it goes. you see things, whether you want to or not. lemmie tell ya something.. that picture.. that's not what i remember. i remember him in his jockies, and there wasn't this much of him when we were in school. that's all i'm sayin...."
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: For Rep. Anthony Weiner, a dramatic fall via social media   Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:08 am

Jon Stewart makes me lol...love that show.

So, the wife is with child...pretty sure that's the last nail in his coffin.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: For Rep. Anthony Weiner, a dramatic fall via social media   Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:48 am

Yeah, he needs to just quit. It's not like he or wife would be poor.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: For Rep. Anthony Weiner, a dramatic fall via social media   Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:48 am

It's official, he is a weiner. Nude pics to a 17 year old??

EEEEwwwwwwwwwwwww.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Rep. Anthony Weiner, a dramatic fall via social media   

Back to top Go down

For Rep. Anthony Weiner, a dramatic fall via social media
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1