Good morning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:27 pm

I know this is the wrong thread but......try to watch all of this without tearing up just a little.
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:48 am

Smile 
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:17 am

:cornucopia: group hug  Much happiness. Peace, love, and joy wished for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:24 am

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone :thanks2: 
....and Happy Hanukkah  advent  <<closest thing here to a menorah since it has candles
group hug
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:41 am

Good morning and HaPpy ThaNksGivIng to all of you, too! :cornucopia: 

I am SO excited about chilling with family and good food today. YAY TURKEY DAY! :thanks2: 

I am thankful for y'all. Hope you all have a lovely day! It may be chilly but the sun is certainly going to shine ALL day today! sunny yay :thanks: 
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:03 am

Morning, everyone!! Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Hanukkah!! I wish everyone a wonderful day, and thanks for that song, Blue!

Purr, Joy, Blue, gus, and anyone else who comes by...? I am very thankful that I have either "met" you or met you since coming here, and I thank you, Joy, for making this place available for us to hang out and such a friendly place to visit. So you have all been hugged and I will be thinking of you guys (including all who don't stop by much or at all) when I think of all the blessings in my life group hug 
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:58 am

Happy Thanksgiving folks. I am thankful I am not working at Walmart today. Do miss the paycheck, a lot. Started a jewelry shop for dolls on Etsy and Zibbet. Nothing selling. You can look here http://www.zibbet.com/ForeverMonstrous and here https://www.etsy.com/shop/CuteWeirdFluffy.

Anyway, we are healthy for the most part, have a warm home and lots of furry friends. It could be worse.

Everyone stuff their guts today.......:cornucopia: :thanks: :thanks2: then chill insync 
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:05 pm

I am glad you have the day off, lmm. Cute stuff at the first etsy that you listed, but the second one doesn't work for me Sad 

I like the "stuff your guts" instruction. We will all keep it in mind. Have a good day yay 
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:42 pm

Hi Synch,
It should work. If it won't click, just copy and paste into your browser.

http://www.zibbet.com/ForeverMonstrous
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:39 am

Morning, all! Had a nice meal at son's house last night and I make ours today. I have a weird issue. I bought a really nice turkey to make today, but then we had turkey last night at my son's house. I don't eat meat, they have that turkey from last night, and I'm trying to find a home for that turkey hubs pointed out that we don't really need. I think it would end up wasted mostly here, and it's a great turkey. Does anyone know a soup kitchen that could use it or a person who would like a turkey to cook? I kind of would like it to go to someone who couldn't have gotten one otherwise, but I'm not checking income Giggle  Anyone know anyone or anyone who could use a nice turkey to cook and enjoy? You can pm me if you don't want to say outright.

Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:55 pm

I found the turkey a home (well, not sure I would call it a home) at a women's recovery center. Hope they enjoy..and now off to finish cooking our Thanksgiving meal. yay 
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Synchronicity wrote:
I found the turkey a home (well, not sure I would call it a home) at a women's recovery center.  Hope they enjoy..and now off to finish cooking our Thanksgiving meal.  yay 
cheers Clap yay Peace Thumbup Thumbup Hiya Yum 
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:42 pm

So are there any among us who can move about comfortably yet? Or have you recovered if you ate yesterday? One daughter informed me as she arose from the table just now that she would need to go the other way around the table to get to the living room since she ate so much her tummy was too big to fit through the usual space Giggle 

Even though this is for Christmas meals I think it can apply to Thanksgiving. They have learned this in Show Choir and will be singing it around the Shoals with a perky, fun version, and it is hilarious the way they do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_v6ZBQd0wA

They are also singing with their music teacher for this http://tnvalley.planetdiscover.com/localevents/event//2804-Christmas-in-the-Shoals-Concert and I hope you all can come help raise money for the Hospice of the Shoals and hear some wonderful Christmas music!

Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:08 am

Good morning, all.  Had a great Thanksgiving.  

Worked yesterday & will again today.  Yesterday wore me out.  So, I'm not exactly looking forward to today.  Shocked

Hope everyone has a great day. Kitty 
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:14 am

Good morning folks! Roll Tide!
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:04 am

I assume that means that Alabama won? Giggle  Well congrats to those rooting for them! Very Happy 

Hubs is laying out Christmas lights. He couldn't wait a moment longer Rolling Eyes Giggle 
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:23 pm

Good morning, and Happy December!
Thanksgiving is gone, but the calories linger on.....joined by the ones that always get added during the three day,
junk food, monthly gun range camping trips.
Glad to see others here had a good Thanksgiving! 

I just relistened to the Cricket Chorus  I recently posted, and since this is December I now hear
their humanlike voices as distant choral music being sung in a huge cathedral all decked out for the holidays Very Happy

Blue, I enjoyed the song you posted, and I also liked looking at the site you posted, lmm.
Sync, "...No time to diet" is right, and a very cute song.

Sassy and I will be getting our outside lights put up tomorrow or Tuesday...depends on the weather. And I am very anxious
to get our tree put up and decorated tonight and/or tomorrow. This year we bought a new one for US instead of using my old one that I bought
second hand a few years ago. My old one went to my sister and her family. She has two grandchildren in her household
and wanted a larger tree for them. Her old smaller tree went to a friend of hers that needed a smaller one for her new
apartment.
Loving, loving this time of year santa tree group hug 
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:46 pm

Purr wrote:
Good morning, and Happy December!
Thanksgiving is gone, but the calories linger on.....joined by the ones that always get added during the three day,
junk food, monthly gun range camping trips.
Glad to see others here had a good Thanksgiving! 

I just relistened to the Cricket Chorus  I recently posted, and since this is December I now hear
their humanlike voices as distant choral music being sung in a huge cathedral all decked out for the holidays Very Happy

Blue, I enjoyed the song you posted, and I also liked looking at the site you posted, lmm.
Sync, "...No time to diet" is right, and a very cute song.

Sassy and I will be getting our outside lights put up tomorrow or Tuesday...depends on the weather. And I am very anxious
to get our tree put up and decorated tonight and/or tomorrow. This year we bought a new one for US instead of using my old one that I bought
second hand a few years ago. My old one went to my sister and her family. She has two grandchildren in her household
and wanted a larger tree for them. Her old smaller tree went to a friend of hers that needed a smaller one for her new
apartment.
Loving, loving this time of year santa tree group hug 
I didn't see your post until now..sorry. I hope the lights and tree turned out great! Hubs did a good job with ours...I want some net blue/green/red lights to lay on our yard...it is sloped a bit and it would be so pretty just flat on the ground. Guess hubs will wait until after Christmas to get them so they will be half off, though Rolling Eyes Giggle 
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:58 pm

Net lights flat on the ground sound very pretty!

I've finally got all my decorating done santa and now need to do some baking. I have family
members that look forward to my yearly vanilla wafer cakes....and i'm one of them Giggle 
Calories galore, but sooo good.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:59 pm

Ohhh, those sound good!! Do you have a recipe? Yum 
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:03 pm

I'll find it for you and post it tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:13 pm

yay  Thanks! They sound yummy, and it beats us all showing up at your door with our cold little hands out begging for treats Giggle 
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:35 am

Sync, as busy as you stay I don't see how you could possibly fit begging into your schedule, so here you go Laughing 
...posting in this thread since this is the most active area.

1 12oz. box of vanilla wafers (crushed)
2 sticks margarine
2 cups sugar
6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup coconut

pre heat oven to 300
spray tube or bundt pan with non-stick spray.

Cream margarine and sugar.
Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
Add milk, vanilla wafers, nuts, and coconut.
bake at 300 for 2 hours.

My Mom starting making this cake as a holiday treat in the late 60's and it has
become a tradition for both me and my sisters.
Instead of the bundt/tube pan, I often use the small disposable loaf pans and give the
small loafs as gifts. Each recipe will make two loafs, and I double the loaf pans then
put them on a cookie sheet to bake. That keeps them from burning.
One year I substituted crushed Oreos for the vanilla wafers, and it turned out very good!

Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:24 am

Oh, thanks! That sounds good...for an occasional treat Giggle  I think I may use Oreos so the dairy allergic one can eat them Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:03 pm

Sync, i was so looking forward to attending the class this Saturday, but Sassy has to go in to work early
because of the ballgame. Now i'm looking forward to attending the January class! yay 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   

Back to top Go down

Good morning
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 24  Next