Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:13 pm

Purr wrote:
Hellooooo witch 

Posted in the Halloween thread that B and I are staying in and looking forward to watching The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, having
one of his favorite dinners, and a few treats Very Happy 
Sassy has to work Sad

It's perfect weather for Halloween, but I hate that it may mess things up for those kids that do still do their trick-or-treating
on Halloween night.....like you're supposed to!
When did it get so complicated and hard to understand?  Growing up around here, and even when B-man was younger, it was a given that you went
trick-or-treating on Halloween, no matter what day of the week it was. Exception being if it fell on Sunday you trick-or-treated
the Saturday night before.
I've seen several fb queries from people wanting to know what night kids in Sheffield, Florence, etc., were going to do their
trick-or-treating.
I agree and I don't get it. We were all confused this year and the kids missed most of the trunk and treat. And frankly I miss the old Halloween regular go out and have fun without any other concerns. It's odd...

Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:24 pm

Not much trick-or-treating where we live, but I had already decided if any one came to my door wanting candy on a
night other than Halloween, they would get a rock.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:33 pm

Purr wrote:
Not much trick-or-treating where we live, but I had already decided if any one came to my door wanting candy on a
night other than Halloween, they would get a rock.
Purr Giggle  You shall be known as the "Rock Lady" Giggle 
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:04 pm

Well, I do like to rock Giggle Dance 
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:35 am

Morning folks!

hey I turned off everything else and watched the Charlie Brown show too!
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:22 pm

That show, and other animated holiday shows, takes me back in time. Last night from 7:00 to 7:30
both of my parents and my brother were once again alive, and I was sprawled in the floor watching TV.
My long lost sister wasn't lost during that time......she was sprawled in the floor with me...and our
sophisticated ages of 11 and 12 were forgotten as we enjoyed a "cartoon". I'm sure my four year old sister
was being a pest. That part hasn't changed.....lol.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:17 am

Lovely memories and I am so glad you got to watch the show again! Very Happy 

Full day today..a class and then the girls perform at Sheffield High. Apparently "It's a Hard Knock Life" for them. I told them to think about the disastrous bedroom and cleaning it all week if they needed inspiration Giggle 

Have a great day, everyone!
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:41 pm

Hiya 

How did the hard knock kids do??....i'm betting it was great Thumbup 

We had another shooty-shooty bang-bang weekend, but this one was rough. B-man,
who has always loved the truck ride, decided he wasn't happy in the truck this time, so he fussed,
loudly and a lot. When we got there he wasn't the happy camper he usually is. Things were better
on the ride home today, thank goodness.
He's been taking antibiotics for an ear infection, but this weekend's fussy was not like his usual
ear-pain fussies. For the past several days it's been like dealing with the terrible twos...times 16!
He sees Dr. Longmire tomorrow and hopefully he just needs a med adjustment. He's also due another EEG
soon. I hope all the fussing isn't s sign of a grand mal building up.

I let my membership in the Single Action Shooting Society (SASS) lapse, and when you join you
choose an alias that is cowboy sounding or related to a western, etc. My alias was "Lady Purr".....
western related as in one class above "Miss Kitty".  I told Sassy if I rejoin I want a new alias based on this
weekend and a famous western. I want to be Lilly Von Schtupp  (Blazing Saddles) because I'm so tired Giggle
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:41 am

Oh no, Purr. Sorry about the rough weekend. Mine was rough as well, but due to the ex-SIL being buckets of stupid, again. Hope B-man either gets a good report from the Doc or that the Doc does something brilliant to make B-man all better. Hug

Sounds like everyone had a good Halloween despite the rain. Smile Time to change the background again! :thanks2: 
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:59 am

Purr wrote:
Hiya 

How did the hard knock kids do??....i'm betting it was great Thumbup 

We had another shooty-shooty bang-bang weekend, but this one was rough. B-man,
who has always loved the truck ride, decided he wasn't happy in the truck this time, so he fussed,
loudly and a lot. When we got there he wasn't the happy camper he usually is. Things were better
on the ride home today, thank goodness.
He's been taking antibiotics for an ear infection, but this weekend's fussy was not like his usual
ear-pain fussies. For the past several days it's been like dealing with the terrible twos...times 16!
He sees Dr. Longmire tomorrow and hopefully he just needs a med adjustment. He's also due another EEG
soon. I hope all the fussing isn't s sign of a grand mal building up.

I let my membership in the Single Action Shooting Society (SASS) lapse, and when you join you
choose an alias that is cowboy sounding or related to a western, etc. My alias was "Lady Purr".....
western related as in one class above "Miss Kitty".  I told Sassy if I rejoin I want a new alias based on this
weekend and a famous western. I want to be Lilly Von Schtupp  (Blazing Saddles) because I'm so tired Giggle
It went great, thanks! They love performing, strangely enough. I am sorry B-man has had a rough time and you as well. I suggest for earache a few drops of steamed onion juice. At room temp it is seriously awesome at killing the infection and stopping the pain immediately. They usually pass out with a relaxed face after just a few drops in the ear. Amazing, and the only side effect is you may start craving foods with onions in them Giggle  I hope things get all straightened out and you all feel better soon. The name Giggle 
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:01 am

Joy wrote:
Oh no, Purr.  Sorry about the rough weekend.  Mine was rough as well, but due to the ex-SIL being buckets of stupid, again.  Hope B-man either gets a good report from the Doc or that the Doc does something brilliant to make B-man all better.  Hug

Sounds like everyone had a good Halloween despite the rain.  Smile  Time to change the background again!  :thanks2: 
The town is on fire with all these beautiful trees! The leaves are falling, and Joy is rearranging the furniture again. Fall is truly here yay yay 
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:19 pm

Steamed onion juice? How is that obtained?

Yes, Fall is definitely here and the colors are gorgeous! The dogwoods around here are beautiful, but I've always
wanted a house with a yard full of various maples. IMO, they are the ultimate when it comes to fall foliage Yes 
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:45 pm

You just use a veggie steamer (like those little metal ones you set in your saucepan?) until it's soft. Then you use something to squeeze/strain a bit of the juice out into a spoon or bowl ( I use a bit of clean panty hose or some of that cheesecloth stuff and just squeeze it out) and use a dropper or spoon to drop a few warm (not hot of course) drops in their ear. They are all fussy one minute and then they get quiet and sometimes fall off to sleep when the pain stops in a few minutes. One dose usually stops an irritated or even infected ear (onion has antibacterial properties) and gets it started healing, and only in extreme cases do you need a second dose the next day. We never have had to...the ped confirmed the ear infection was almost healed and was impressed the onion juice had worked so well when I happened to take her in for something else.

The only time you don't use it is if there is pus coming out of the ear or if there is an obviously ruptured eardrum, but that is pretty unusual. We use it at the first sign of ache and it is gone, but we have used it in pretty nasty infections and it cleared them right up! Amazing stuff.

You can also use garlic, but it's stronger and you have to put a little in some carrier oil like olive or sweet to keep it from irritating the inflamed ear. Much better than antibiotics with no side effects but making parents hungry. Giggle 
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:44 pm

That process sounds simple. Thanks for passing it along.
Brandon rarely fusses about his ears until they get to the pus stage, and then it's holy terror, pray the antibiotics work quickly time.
I need to learn to look in his ears myself so I can catch them when they are just red.
My sis has two young grandkids that live with her so i'll pass the onion info on to her Smile
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:01 am

Good very early morning! Mornin 

I'm up bright and stinkin' early finishing homework because last night, homework or no homework, Sleep wasn't taking 'no' for an answer and he's pretty cranky about it right now as well. Giggle

I've never heard of the onion trick, Sync. That is so cool! How did you know to do that? Was that an "ancient Chinese secret" passed down to you or one of many natural remedies I would learn if I'd ever take the time to study up on it? I definitely prefer a natural remedy for minor illnesses when one is available. I'm not a fan of unnatural, which many times leads to a new symptom which then requires another unnatural remedy which leads to yet another symptom, so on and so forth. Don't get me wrong. Modern medicine has literally saved lives, but proceed with caution is a good rule of thumb. Yes

Hope everyone has a great day! Kitty 
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:42 am

I learned it from a few sources around the same time, strangely enough.  One daughter got an ear infection and I did get her meds, but I was not going to make that a habit since they aren't great for you otherwise.  So I googled natural earache remedies and onion juice popped up in many articles.  Also, an online friend told me they used it all the time, we tried it, and it was amazing!!  None of us have ever needed meds for ear issues since.  I mean the pain just plain goes away, and that stuff they prescribe for ear pain never did a thing for anyone I have seen.  This is simple, cheap, no side effects, and best of all it works!! In the middle of a Saturday night and a screaming child gets total relief and falls asleep in about 3 minutes...wow faint
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:52 am

I wish I were child again!
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:04 pm

unclegus wrote:
I wish I were  child again!
Hug 
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:05 pm

Synchronicity wrote:
unclegus wrote:
I wish I were  child again!
Hug 
There are times we all do.

Onion juice.....Since B-man can't talk to let me know his ears bother him before there is pus and a lot of pain involved, i'm going
to get an eye dropper and every 7/10 days put some in his ears so maybe it can prevent any irritation/redness
he has from getting to the pus and pain stage. Since it's all natural it shouldn't hurt to do that.
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:37 am

Good morning all. Hope the B-man is feeling better.
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:53 am

Good morning Blue Hiya 

B-man is much better. He's sitting here enjoying Looney Tunes Cool 
Hope everything on your side of the computer is going okay flower 
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:55 am

I wouldn't think it would hurt anything, Purr.  Nice warm couple of drops should keep him pain free scratch  Morning and glad B-man is better Very Happy 

Morning, Blue.  How's life treating you?  

I hope everyone has a great day.  This is the first Saturday in a good while that we haven't had a bunch of things scheduled.  It was nice to sleep a bit yay
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:55 am

Hi there, got some butts on the grill for today's game!
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:07 am

unclegus wrote:
Hi there, got some butts on the grill for today's game!
I could say so much, but I will just say that I hope you enjoy your butts Giggle 

I am so mature, aren't I? lol! 
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:22 pm

Sync, you are much more mature than I am. No way am I going to post what
went through my mind Giggle 

And what a great day to sleep in.
With the weather we've been having lately, November is beginning to
replace October as my favorite month. Hmmmm, I think i'll make my own month out of the last two
weeks of October and first two weeks of November and call it Octember cheers Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   

Back to top Go down

Good morning
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next