Alabamian

A Southern Point of View
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Good Morning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Purr
Poet Laureate
avatar

Gemini

Posts : 2584
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Somewhere .... with him.

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:55 pm

Merry Christmas to everyone! tree
I hope you've all had a great day santa

Sync....we drove by your house last night and your decorations are beautiful. I love the candy canes in the tree!

Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate
avatar

Aquarius

Posts : 3063
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Lauderdale County

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:57 pm

Hi, all. It was a hectic Christmas week. I always look forward to Christmas getting here but I am always glad to see it end as well. Our last Christmas gathering was Sunday. The husband took some much needed vacation this week and we've enjoyed some down time these last few days. I am working for UNA some from home, but not too many hours. I just cook randomly when the mood hits, no set schedule and we are loving it. I'm not going to say I made the best beef stew on the planet today, but I will say we will be fighting over the leftovers.  
Giggle  Comfort food.  Yum

Purr, you finally got your wish for colder weather. I had to use the electric blanket last night...could NOT get warm. You mentioned boots. That is the best thing about winter to me, boots, love me some boots.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy new year!  Kitty snowsmile
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Purr
Poet Laureate
avatar

Gemini

Posts : 2584
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Somewhere .... with him.

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:33 am

Joy, what work are you doing for UNA?
With campus closed, Mark has been off for the past two weeks and we've really enjoyed our time together, and i've not
had to do any cooking since he's been home cheers
I'm going to miss him when he goes back to work Monday, but it will also be nice to get things back to our regular schedule.

Yes, i'm loving the colder weather. I'm a boots, leggings, and snuggly sweater kinda person. I love electric blankets, but
we don't use them since Brandon sometimes still wets the bed and having the house cold enough for the use of one in our
bedroom would mean using about 5 quilts on Brandon. He would be like Randy in Christmas Story when he falls in the snow
and can't get up.

I bet your stew was delicious. I've not had that in a while......think i'll suggest it to Mark for this weekend.

Happy and safe New Years Eve to everyone! Dance snowman
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate
avatar

Aquarius

Posts : 3063
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Lauderdale County

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:34 pm

The math department got a grant through Alabama Department of Education for research and were able to employ several students to help with data analysis and anything else that needs doing. Two UNA math professors and two UNA computer science teachers are in charge of everything. We hold professional development sessions for middle/high school teachers and learning sessions for middle/high school students where they are given a pre-test, are taught some mathematical concept through proof writing and computer programming, and then are given a post-test. This sometimes lasts one day, sometimes a weekend, and sometimes a week to two weeks in the summer. They don't learn how to program, just enough to do the exercise that will reveal a pattern regarding the math concept being taught. Anyhoo, I assign a number to each answer being analyzed based on a scale developed by one of the math professors which she based on APOS theory. Then we use those numbers to determine the participants' progression and a bunch of other things, but I've gone on long enough...lol...I swear this is the condensed version! Basically, we are trying to show the benefits of including computer programming in math instruction. It's really interesting work and I so appreciate that I will have experience in my field when I graduate. It's an enormous blessing. Thank you for asking. That was probably way more than you wanted to know.
cyclops cyclops cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate
avatar

Pisces

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:21 pm

Joy wrote:
The math department got a grant through Alabama Department of Education for research and were able to employ several students to help with data analysis and anything else that needs doing. Two UNA math professors and two UNA computer science teachers are in charge of everything. We hold professional development sessions for middle/high school teachers and learning sessions for middle/high school students where they are given a pre-test, are taught some mathematical concept through proof writing and computer programming, and then are given a post-test. This sometimes lasts one day, sometimes a weekend, and sometimes a week to two weeks in the summer. They don't learn how to program, just enough to do the exercise that will reveal a pattern regarding the math concept being taught. Anyhoo, I assign a number to each answer being analyzed based on a scale developed by one of the math professors which she based on APOS theory. Then we use those numbers to determine the participants' progression and a bunch of other things, but I've gone on long enough...lol...I swear this is the condensed version! Basically, we are trying to show the benefits of including computer programming in math instruction. It's really interesting work and I so appreciate that I will have experience in my field when I graduate. It's an enormous blessing. Thank you for asking. That was probably way more than you wanted to know.  
cyclops cyclops cyclops

I never got notified there was a post...just checked for the first time in awhile...so sorry, Joy!!!

Wow...that sounds awesome!!! I read your description to my hubs and he thought it was a great idea. How nice you get to work on this! My two 6th graders both wanted to do it when they heard me read the description...lol. Congratulations!!! I think learning programming is great for teaching logical thinking and problem solving. Smile
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate
avatar

Pisces

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:23 pm

Oh, and I am freezing. We got no real snow and my feet are like ice. I am glad we didn't get snowed in and no one here is hurt that I know of, but brrr cold frozen

How is everyone? It has been a long time..... Sad
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate
avatar

Aquarius

Posts : 3063
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Lauderdale County

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:57 am

Thanks, Sync!  I figured everyone was just really busy, or hidden under an electric blanket.  Giggle

I wish I could say I enjoyed the weather yesterday, but no fun for Joy until graduation.  I cannot believe I'm finally going to make it to the end.  They are going to be saying, "Who's that old chic bouncing in her seat?"  Then when I cartwheel across the stage, their suspicions that I'm nuts will be confirmed.   Yes

I hope everyone is having a glorious Sunday.  Enjoy the pic I made of myself last week.  LOL!

Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate
avatar

Pisces

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:12 pm

Oh Joy, I love that picture!! And I think the cartwheel on the stage would be perfect! WHEEEE!! You have earned it for sure!
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate
avatar

Gemini

Posts : 2584
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Somewhere .... with him.

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:27 pm

I am no longer trusting the email notification system to let me know someone has posted here. Evil or Very Mad

Everyone enjoying their Saturday? I'm doing laundry and playing letters with Brandon and watching my crow friends
eating the feed i put in the front yard. Mark is at the gun show in Muscle Shoals drooling over some german shepherd puppies.
We don't have a place for a large dog, but we're in the mental stage of working on it. And it needs to be very big because i want a husky.

Love the cat picture! Being cold natured, i would probably do that if i could.... but i would have AC available nearby for the hot flashes hot
I also think the cartwheel would be great. After all the hard work, sedately walking across the stage and being given a
diploma just doesn't seem fitting.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate
avatar

Pisces

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:48 pm

Purr wrote:
I am no longer trusting the email notification system to let me know someone has posted here. Evil or Very Mad

Everyone enjoying their Saturday? I'm doing laundry and playing letters with Brandon and watching my crow friends
eating the feed i put in the front yard. Mark is at the gun show in Muscle Shoals drooling over some german shepherd puppies.
We don't have a place for a large dog, but we're in the mental stage of working on it. And it needs to be very big because i want a husky.

Love the cat picture! Being cold natured, i would probably do that if i could.... but i would have AC available nearby for the hot flashes hot
I also think the cartwheel would be great. After all the hard work, sedately walking across the stage and being given a
diploma just doesn't seem fitting.

Yeah, I didn't get notified either. Oh, Shepherds and huskies are both awesome!

I guess spiking the diploma wouldn't work well...lol.
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate
avatar

Gemini

Posts : 2584
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Somewhere .... with him.

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:08 am

Morning! ...notice i left the "good" off? Brandon, once again, got up at 3:00 and is sitting here playing letters,
fully dressed and ready for school. While i Sleep and Mornin in my recliner.
Gonna be a long day.....
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate
avatar

Aquarius

Posts : 3063
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Lauderdale County

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:41 am

Oh no, Purr. I hope last night went better! cat2
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Purr
Poet Laureate
avatar

Gemini

Posts : 2584
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Somewhere .... with him.

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:22 pm

Good nights and bad nights. We can't find any rhyme or reason to them. Hopefully it's just a phase
he's going through.


On the lighter side..... birthday
yay  Happy Birthday, Synchronicity!! yay  I hope you're having a day as special as you are Hug
cathop  Dance dance2 happy Rockon flower cheers Kitty Clap wagtail
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate
avatar

Pisces

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:16 pm

Purr wrote:
Good nights and bad nights. We can't find any rhyme or reason to them. Hopefully it's just a phase
he's going through.


On the lighter side..... birthday
yay  Happy Birthday, Synchronicity!! yay  I hope you're having a day as special as you are Hug
cathop  Dance dance2 happy Rockon flower cheers Kitty Clap wagtail

Oh Purr, I hope you are having more good nights than bad!!! That is exhausting!

Thank you for the birthday wishes! How sweet of you Hug It was interesting for sure..lol.

I wish all of you a wonderful sleep tonight group hug
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate
avatar

Aquarius

Posts : 3063
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Lauderdale County

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:45 am

Happy (belated) Birthday, Sync!  sunny sunny sunny

Hope everyone is having a great week.  Like most peeps, I'm just trying to survive.  Here's to great days ahead for us all!  

toast
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate
avatar

Pisces

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:49 am

Joy wrote:
Happy (belated) Birthday, Sync!  sunny sunny sunny

Hope everyone is having a great week.  Like most peeps, I'm just trying to survive.  Here's to great days ahead for us all!  

toast

Thanks!! Just keep surviving!! I figure if we find good things while we are surviving we will be okay Smile
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate
avatar

Aquarius

Posts : 3063
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Lauderdale County

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:05 am

Good morning, whoever may meander through or stop in to chat. I hope you are all enjoying this glorious weather!

I might have gone Irish nuts this time...haha! I found this "skin" and although some things don't seem as spot on, it did make the wee bit o'Irish in me quite happy.

irish
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate
avatar

Pisces

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:12 am

Joy wrote:
Good morning, whoever may meander through or stop in to chat.  I hope you are all enjoying this glorious weather!

I might have gone Irish nuts this time...haha!  I found this "skin" and although some things don't seem as spot on, it did make the wee bit o'Irish in me quite happy.

irish

You did indeed "go green"!!!!! Hey, I am Irish...I like green!! alien alien alien alien

Allergies are in full force in this house...enough to keep one tweenie home. But it was beautiful yesterday. I love and miss winter, but hey, I knwo most want Spring and I will allow it (this time) Giggle
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate
avatar

Gemini

Posts : 2584
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Somewhere .... with him.

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:31 pm

Scot-Irish here! And i also love green !

How the heck is every one doing? I had to delete some computer stuff not long ago
and when i reloaded i lost my link to this place. I finally went through ole emails and found a
new post notice, clicked on the link, and here i is yay


Going to share some news with you.....
Two weeks ago i went to my GYN and found out i have endometrial cancer. Surgery in H'ville
is in my near future. Pre surgery "stuff" last Friday included a mammogram and today i had
to follow that up with an ultrasound. Now they want me to back on Wednesday for an MBI.
I am very angry that there is something inside me that i can't do anything about. It's akin
to having to lie quietly in bed while someone ransacks your house. No pale
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate
avatar

Pisces

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:28 pm

Purr wrote:
Scot-Irish here!  And i also love green !

How the heck is every one doing?  I had to delete some computer stuff  not long ago
and when i reloaded i lost my link to this place. I finally went through ole emails and found a
new post notice, clicked on the link, and here i is yay


Going to share some news with you.....
Two weeks ago i went to my GYN and found out i have endometrial cancer. Surgery in H'ville
is in my near future. Pre surgery "stuff" last Friday included a mammogram and today i had
to follow that up with an ultrasound. Now they want me to back on Wednesday for an MBI.
I am very angry that there is something inside me that i can't do anything about. It's akin
to having to lie quietly in bed while someone ransacks your house. No pale

Oh, Purr, I am sorry you are going through this, and your analogy is unfortunately a really good one about how that would feel. I am right here, and if I can help you in any way PLEASE let me know. Reiki can be really helpful with so much related to the whole process of healing. I'm not just here for you with Reiki, though...big huge hugs to you. Hug Hug
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate
avatar

Aquarius

Posts : 3063
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Lauderdale County

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:42 am

Glad you made your way back, Purr, but hate this news! If anyone can knock the crap out of cancer, I believe you can! Prayers loaded for bear from me to God. (((enormous hug))) sent your way!
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Purr
Poet Laureate
avatar

Gemini

Posts : 2584
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Somewhere .... with him.

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:11 pm

Sync, this evening i found out my presurgery consultation in Huntsville is a week from today.
If you have the time, i would love to have a reiki session before that.

Some good news today>>>> after a mammogram, where they thought they saw something,
followed by an ultrasound, where they still thought they saw something, then today an MRI,
i got the call about 30 minutes ago that the results of all that is  BENIGN!
yay yay yay yay yay yay
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate
avatar

Pisces

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:00 pm

Purr wrote:
Sync, this evening i found out my presurgery consultation in Huntsville is a week from today.
If you have the time, i would love to have a reiki session before that.

Some good news today>>>> after a mammogram, where they thought they saw something,
followed by an ultrasound, where they still thought they saw something, then today an MRI,
i got the call about 30 minutes ago that the results of all that is  BENIGN!
yay yay yay yay yay yay

Oh, wonderful everything else looked good!!!! yay yay

I will pm you about a session...good idea. Smile
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate
avatar

Gemini

Posts : 2584
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Somewhere .... with him.

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:48 pm

Sync, unclegus posted this on facebook and i thought you might like it.  Youtube also has a hour+ National Geographic
documentary by the same name.

Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate
avatar

Aquarius

Posts : 3063
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Lauderdale County

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:25 pm

I already responded elsewhere, Purr, but am so glad you got some good news!  Praying all goes smoothly this Wednesday.  Hug
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   

Back to top Go down
 
Good Morning
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Good Morning - Mandisa featuring TobyMac
» Good Morning, Happiness!
» Confusion is good? Gerryspeak..
» Gary Glitter - it's good to be back?
» On Sky News this morning

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alabamian :: This, That & the Other-
Jump to: