Alabamian

A Southern Point of View
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Good Morning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate
avatar

Pisces

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:32 pm

Purr wrote:
Sync, unclegus posted this on facebook and i thought you might like it.  Youtube also has a hour+ National Geographic
documentary by the same name.


Ohhh, thank you for posting this! I love that wolf song...I could listen to it all day. They are so important and wonderful, and it is so nice to see that shown Ahhh.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate
avatar

Aquarius

Posts : 3063
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Lauderdale County

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:38 pm

Wow! Wolves for the win! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Purr
Poet Laureate
avatar

Gemini

Posts : 2584
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Somewhere .... with him.

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:16 pm

Thank you!!!!
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate
avatar

Gemini

Posts : 2584
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Somewhere .... with him.

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:28 pm



Met with Dr. Engle this morning (very nice man) and laparoscopic surgery (hysterectomy) is set for April 19th.
Dr. Engle is very optimistic about the outcome and said what was thought to be cancer cells at grade 3 are only grade 2.
The stage i'm in won't be known until the surgery. We go back to Huntsville tomorrow for the pre surgery blood work.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate
avatar

Pisces

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:35 pm

Purr wrote:


Met with Dr. Engle this morning (very nice man) and laparoscopic surgery (hysterectomy) is set for April 19th.
Dr. Engle is very optimistic about the outcome and said what was thought to be cancer cells at grade 3 are only grade 2.
The stage i'm in won't be known until the surgery. We go back to Huntsville tomorrow for the pre surgery blood work.

Oh, I am glad it went well and the grade 2 instead of 3 is good. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and am here if you need me group hug (I somehow thought the group hug from me was appropriate...lol) Yes
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate
avatar

Gemini

Posts : 2584
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Somewhere .... with him.

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:25 am

Thank you I love you ....the group hug is great! Very appropriate!
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate
avatar

Gemini

Posts : 2584
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Somewhere .... with him.

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:06 pm

My pre-surgery stuff went well. We're getting Brandon lined up for two nights of respite care, and i've been "studying" my pre and post
surgery instructions. Nothing to eat after 4:00 p.m. the day before surgery, then nothing but clear liquids until midnight. After midnight
nothing at all until after surgery. Day of surgery i have to be at the hospital at 8:30 and surgery will be at 10:30. I'm thinking my
passing out from hunger is part of their plan to make it easier to put me to sleep pale Plus i have to be freshly showered with a special
body wash and have no hair products in my hair and have on no makeup or lotions of anykind when i get there....not even chapstick affraid
THAT is going to be rough. I'm the type that puts on makeup to go to the mailbox.
First week after surgery short car trips but no driving, no exertion, no lifting anything over 5 lbs. Second week i get to drive short distances,
but still no exertion or heavy lifting.....
May be a good time to take up knitting again....lol.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate
avatar

Pisces

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:54 am

Purr wrote:
My pre-surgery stuff went well. We're getting Brandon lined up for two nights of respite care, and i've been "studying" my pre and post
surgery instructions. Nothing to eat after 4:00 p.m. the day before surgery, then nothing but clear liquids until midnight. After midnight
nothing at all until after surgery. Day of surgery i have to be at the hospital at 8:30 and surgery will be at 10:30.  I'm thinking  my
passing out from hunger is part of their plan to make it easier to put me to sleep pale  Plus i have to be freshly showered with a special
body wash and have no hair products in my hair and have on no makeup or lotions of anykind when i get there....not even chapstick  affraid
THAT is going to be rough. I'm the type that puts on makeup to go to the mailbox.
First week after surgery short car trips but no driving, no exertion, no lifting anything over 5 lbs. Second week i get to drive short distances,
but still no exertion or heavy lifting.....
May be a good time to take up knitting again....lol.

I was going to answer you last night, but I was working distance on a sick cat and they gave him a half a Xanax. Since I didn't know I didn't protect myself from that and fell fast asleep. I slept over 12 hours! Apparently I am not used to Xanax...lol. What a Face Giggle crazy2

I am so glad you got that over with and that you have a safe place for Brandon to be so you can take care of you! I was just thinking how that is a long time with no food, so that passing out must be part of the plan. faint We stayed overnight in H'ville when Annie had to have surgery a few years ago so we didn't have to rush over, but that may not work with your plans.

Hey, special body wash and all...maybe that will make you feel so good and you will be so hungry you won't care too much? I would bring chapstick so you can use some after surgery since your lips will probably be dry.

The recovery sounds much faster than I was thinking it would be, but please give yourself time to heal...no rush. I think Sassy will enjoy looking after you Love Love doggiekiss

You know where I am if you need me, and I have the surgery date on my calendar. insync group hug
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate
avatar

Aquarius

Posts : 3063
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Lauderdale County

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:12 am

Purr, I am glad the doc has a positive forecast for you. Yes, that starving the patient thing always seems a little off to me. I get why, but dang, can Polly have some cracker crumbs or something? I'll be praying for y'all. Just think of how much you have overcome in your life. You, Sassy, Brandon, various unsundries (lol) and God got this. group hug

Sync, sometimes you say things like it's just an average day in the life and I feel like a deaf old woman asking her deaf old husband, "What did she say?"...haha...I'm talking about the cat incident. I absolutely love the diversity of people and how we are all uniquely gifted to contribute to this beautiful world in which we all live. It's pretty amazing really. Kitty

These overcast skies are making me feel lazy this morning, but my math professor looms over the horizon. So I better get to gettin'.
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate
avatar

Pisces

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:10 am

Joy wrote:
Purr, I am glad the doc has a positive forecast for you.  Yes, that starving the patient thing always seems a little off to me.  I get why, but dang, can Polly have some cracker crumbs or something?  I'll be praying for y'all.   Just think of how much you have overcome in your life.  You, Sassy, Brandon, various unsundries (lol) and God got this.  group hug

Sync, sometimes you say things like it's just an average day in the life and I feel like a deaf old woman asking her deaf old husband, "What did she say?"...haha...I'm talking about the cat incident.  I absolutely love the diversity of people and how we are all uniquely gifted to contribute to this beautiful world in which we all live.  It's pretty amazing really.  Kitty

These overcast skies are making me feel lazy this morning, but my math professor looms over the horizon.  So I better get to gettin'.

Howdy, Joy!! I got tickled at your deaf old lady comment Giggle See, I feel like the very slow student going "huh...?????" when my husband talks about math, so I agree that it's a good thing we all have different gifts. If we all had to do the math how you guys do it I would be lost. I guess I do forget my days aren't exactly typical. lol!

Good luck with all of your exams, too! Yes
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate
avatar

Gemini

Posts : 2584
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Somewhere .... with him.

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:16 pm

Sync, i love the cat story Kitty
Remember to protect yourself when you send to me because i will probably be given pain meds. !

Busy day.....doing some cleaning since i have to be hermetically sealed tomorrow night so i'll be "sterile"
when i get to the hospital Tuesday. Also getting B-man ready for his "vacation" (respite) Monday and Tuesday night.
I know he'll be okay, but ........ it's a mom thing....lol
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate
avatar

Pisces

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:17 pm

Ohh, I never saw your post on the 17th until now!! But I have been sending when I get a chance and never felt faint How are you feeling these days? I hope not overdoing things? yay like that <- would be Smile
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate
avatar

Gemini

Posts : 2584
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Somewhere .... with him.

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:40 pm

I'm feeling pretty good, considering. Yesterday was my one week mark so i'm allowed to drive now....but i don't feel like going anywhere because
my pants don't fit Mad Most of the swelling is gone, but the incisions are still tender and they're right where the waistband of my pants are
supposed to be. And it's weird to look down and see yourself held together with superglue.

Thank you very much for the sending I love you It has definitely helped! I was given 40 Oxycodone when released, and have used only 4 of them Kitty
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate
avatar

Pisces

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:46 pm

Purr wrote:
I'm feeling pretty good, considering. Yesterday was my one week mark so i'm allowed to drive now....but i don't feel like going anywhere because
my pants don't fit Mad  Most of the swelling is gone, but the incisions are still tender and they're right where the waistband of my pants are
supposed to be. And it's weird to look down and see yourself held together with superglue.

Thank you very much for the sending I love you It has definitely helped! I was given 40 Oxycodone when released, and have used only 4 of them  Kitty

Glad you are getting better!! That figures the waistband would be where it is tender Sad

But great you didn't need a bunch of pain meds, and I'll concentrate on that area...hope it eases there soon. Take your time...no rush and it will be better than ripping something or needing more pain meds. Hug coffeeyawn A nice cup might help a bit Smile insync insync meditate
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate
avatar

Gemini

Posts : 2584
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Somewhere .... with him.

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Fri May 06, 2016 8:53 am

Cuppa A nice cupaa always helps Thumbup

Had my 2 week checkup last week and everything looks good. All the cancer is gone and there's an 85/90%
chance it won't return. To increase that percentage i'll probably be doing preventive radiation treatments
in June. 5 treatments done in 3 weeks, each taking several hours because the dosage is small. If i don't
do them and the cancer comes back, it will take the heavy radiation to handle it. I'd rather do the small
treatments now. Plus we've already met our deductible.

When i go back for my next checkup on June 1st we'll talk to the Dr's that do the radiation.
AND, hopefully, i'll be told i can go swimming....lol. The pool is uncovered and waiting.....
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate
avatar

Pisces

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Fri May 06, 2016 8:58 am

Purr wrote:
Cuppa A nice cupaa always helps Thumbup

Had my 2 week checkup last week and everything looks good.  All the cancer is gone and there's an 85/90%
chance it won't return. To increase that percentage i'll probably be doing preventive radiation treatments
in June. 5 treatments done in 3 weeks, each taking several hours because the dosage is small. If i don't
do them and the cancer comes back, it will take the heavy radiation to handle it. I'd rather do the small
treatments now. Plus we've already met our deductible.

When i go back for my next checkup on June 1st we'll talk to the Dr's that do the radiation.
AND, hopefully, i'll be told i can go swimming....lol.  The pool is uncovered and waiting.....

yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay
(can you tell I am happy for you?)

I hope the radiation is a breeze for you...yay on the deductible, too!!

Oh yes, I hope you can swim...that is soo relaxing and it feels good to stretch everything, too! Hug cheer
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate
avatar

Aquarius

Posts : 3063
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Lauderdale County

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:00 pm

That's awesome, Purr!  You and your pool!  Giggle  I hope you get to enjoy it very soon!!!  Kitty

Hi, Sync!  Hiya  How is the school-free zone going?

I am so so so so so glad to be graduated.  Now I just need to find a job!  I've been applying but so far no interviews.  I don't know if I told y'all about the odd thing that happened to us.  My husband got a promotion!  He has been commuting but part of the deal is that he is to move to Huntsville.  That is fine with me since that's where most of the math/stats/analysis/whatever jobs are located.  We have hauled off more junk in the past couple of weeks than I thought possible to be contained in this house!  I do mean pure junk, too, all that "just in case" stuff.  We'll get there but it's going to be a process.  Luckily my daughter lives in Huntsville.  So he's been staying with her a couple of nights a week.  I reeeeaaallly need a job.  I don't relish the thought of a mortgage payment plus apartment rental, but we won't have much choice. Scares the bejeezus out of me though.

Law, Imma stop my ramblin' now.  Giggle  Hope you are all having a wonderful day!  group hug
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate
avatar

Pisces

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:39 am

Joy wrote:
That's awesome, Purr!  You and your pool!  Giggle  I hope you get to enjoy it very soon!!!  Kitty

Hi, Sync!  Hiya  How is the school-free zone going?

I am so so so so so glad to be graduated.  Now I just need to find a job!  I've been applying but so far no interviews.  I don't know if I told y'all about the odd thing that happened to us.  My husband got a promotion!  He has been commuting but part of the deal is that he is to move to Huntsville.  That is fine with me since that's where most of the math/stats/analysis/whatever jobs are located.  We have hauled off more junk in the past couple of weeks than I thought possible to be contained in this house!  I do mean pure junk, too, all that "just in case" stuff.  We'll get there but it's going to be a process.  Luckily my daughter lives in Huntsville.  So he's been staying with her a couple of nights a week.  I reeeeaaallly need a job.  I don't relish the thought of a mortgage payment plus apartment rental, but we won't have much choice. Scares the bejeezus out of me though.

Law, Imma stop my ramblin' now.  Giggle  Hope you are all having a wonderful day!  group hug

Congrats on your graduation!!  I just saw this post...sorry for the delay.  Congrats on hubby's promotion, too!! yay

Yeah, hubs was all fine and up for tenure this year finally, and then the new superintendent decided to not renew all the guys up for tenure and not tell them until after the kids had all left for the year.  So they brought in friends and family from in town there and all the ones who worked so hard there were gone...including hubs.  So instead of finally fixing our bathroom and finally having family time this summer he is all over looking for a job.  Sigh.  Teaching is a wonderful profession, but the yearly wondering is just horrible.  I just hope he finds something soon.  One would think with his experience and education it wouldn't be hard, but there aren't that many openings within a reasonable driving distance.

Good luck to you finding the perfect job as well!
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate
avatar

Aquarius

Posts : 3063
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Lauderdale County

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:15 am

Oh man! That sucks, Sync, and so completely unfair! Many of my classmates were Math Ed majors and they all knew that graduation was going to mean moving, at least the ones who intended to work anytime soon. I know y'all don't want to do that with little ones. I hope he finds a job soon. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate
avatar

Pisces

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:30 pm

Joy wrote:
Oh man!  That sucks, Sync, and so completely unfair!  Many of my classmates were Math Ed majors and they all knew that graduation was going to mean moving, at least the ones who intended to work anytime soon.  I know y'all don't want to do that with little ones.  I hope he finds a job soon.  Sad

Yeah, it's not really fair to the kids or teachers, but hey, what can you do?

So then Monday he was coming back from a drive to Lauderdale county schools and some lady turned left across the highway in front of him and never looked at all. She was right in front of him and he had no time to stop, so his car is totaled and he has back and shoulder pain. He could be much worse, so we can't complain, but so much for the car and him driving to the schools for awhile. This summer has been long already! But when I saw his car I was just glad his airbags worked. Thank goodness for those!
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate
avatar

Pisces

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:27 pm

Joy wrote:
Oh man!  That sucks, Sync, and so completely unfair!  Many of my classmates were Math Ed majors and they all knew that graduation was going to mean moving, at least the ones who intended to work anytime soon.  I know y'all don't want to do that with little ones.  I hope he finds a job soon.  Sad

No, we don't since they are 12 and going into 7th grade with their friends. We just keep looking Smile
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate
avatar

Aquarius

Posts : 3063
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Lauderdale County

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:33 pm

Sync, I sure do hope you all are having better days! Hug

Happy 4th of July to anyone who meanders by! Flag
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Purr
Poet Laureate
avatar

Gemini

Posts : 2584
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Somewhere .... with him.

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:32 am

Okay, Dangit....weird stuff going on pale


I know i posted on here last week, but it isn't showing up. scratch
My post was very loving and inspirational towards both of you Kitty I love you Hoping job hunts
are successful, and sending good vibes for Mr. Sync because of the wreck.
And i hope the Syncettes are enjoying their summer.
And Joy, i don't envy you having to move, but at the same time moving can be exciting...
getting to decide where everything goes and turning the new space into "home".


I've been very scattered the past few weeks, so maybe i forgot to hit "send" on the other post i made.

I've been very happy and grateful that my cancer surgery was successful, and i have
finished my radiation treatments, but on the flip side i've been down because there's been
5 deaths in my family in the past 10 months. Recently 2 in one week.
BUT i'm now sitting here with a smile on my face and in my head, thanks to my old dear friend,
mentor/hypnotherapy teacher, father figure, confidant, and most influential person
of my life, Ed Langla, who died in 1999.
Sync has seen him standing next to me during my sessions with her.
I have a Linkedln account that i have never used and this morning i got an email from Edward C Langla
asking for my endorsement on Linkedln. Of course i did a double take, then clicked on it and discovered
it is Edward C Langla Jr., whom i have never met. When i knew Ed (late 80's) he lived in Huntsville
and his young children lived in New Orleans with their mom. Logically, Ed Jr. would have no way of even
knowing about me, especially 28 years after i last saw his dad, plus why would an Inspection & Engineering
Specialist retired from Saudi Aramco want an endorsement from someone that just has "Volunteer" listed
as their profession? ANYWAY ( i know i'm rambling, but this kind of thing always excites me), as soon i clicked
"endorse" in his profile, i heard wind chimes ...and i'm in a camper in the middle of a field at the gun range,
with no other campers near by Cool
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate
avatar

Pisces

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:01 pm

Joy wrote:
Sync, I sure do hope you all are having better days!  Hug

Happy 4th of July to anyone who meanders by!  Flag
Thankies!!

Happy 4th to you all as well!!!

We are still riding the employment roller coaster and hoping for the best here!! Whistle Whistle

Our water heater broke all over the floor, so we officially have had 3 major things happen and are done with that. On with the positives!!! yay yay yay yay yay

Yes, moving can bring exciting new things...I wish you the best, Joy group hug
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate
avatar

Aquarius

Posts : 3063
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Lauderdale County

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:14 pm

Both your posts had me giggling and left me smiling...so much positive and beauty regardless of whatever life brings. Thank you so much for that. I think I will join you in choosing and seeing blessing. Kitty

I got to go visit with my mother and step dad today, just them and me, my husband and son. It was so nice to have them all to ourselves. I love seeing the whole bunch, but it's nice to just be just a few sometimes, too. Hope you are all having a lovely day.
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Good Morning   

Back to top Go down
 
Good Morning
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Good Morning - Mandisa featuring TobyMac
» Good Morning, Happiness!
» Confusion is good? Gerryspeak..
» Gary Glitter - it's good to be back?
» On Sky News this morning

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alabamian :: This, That & the Other-
Jump to: