Alabamian

A Southern Point of View
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Name Your Poison Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lmm
Epic Author
avatar

Aquarius

Posts : 1873
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Colbert County

PostSubject: Name Your Poison Day   Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:03 am

Name Your Poison Day

When : Always June 8th

Name Your Poison Day is a day to make a choice. The term "Name Your Poison" is commonly used to suggest that you select among a number of options.

This term has a negative connotation. The origin of this term is unknown. But, at the time, it probably referred to some unhappy choice. It is commonly used when asking someone what type of alcoholic drink they want. But, it is also used to refer to any choice of options, good or bad. For example, "Name Your Poison" may refer to selecting an ice cream flavor, a dessert choice, etc.

Celebrate today by making a decision..... Name Your Poison.
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate
avatar

Pisces

Posts : 2475
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:14 am

Cheeseburgers....Chocolate.....Dr. Pepper.....Winston Lights........Wild Turkey......that about covers it
Crackingup
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate
avatar

Aquarius

Posts : 3063
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Lauderdale County

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:33 pm

Okay! Okay!

Pizza!

Get off my back...dang!

Giggle

I would also like a Sour Apple Martini later, if anyone is delivering drinks. What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Ubu
Poet Laureate
avatar

Pisces

Posts : 2475
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:37 pm

I took care of the assassin this morning with her paper and coffee....one of you other guys need to step up and help Joy get a buzz on........uhhhhhh wait....never mind....I got this.......

NOTE TO EVERYONE ELSE: I'll take video of Joy with her buzz on for your viewing pleasure Whistle
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate
avatar

Aquarius

Posts : 3063
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Lauderdale County

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:47 pm

affraid

Uhhhh, Ubu, this is probably a good time to mention that my husband is one of our lurking members. I told him to unlurk, but he doesn't mind me. Increasing in volume doesn't seem to have any effect either...although that doesn't stop me from trying every now and then.

*nervous laughter* How 'bout them Braves? What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
The Nagel
Odist
avatar

Aquarius

Posts : 106
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : florence AL

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:04 pm

butter pecan ice cream.
hot brownies with vanilla ice cream, covered in hot hot hot caramel. no nuts, and NOT chocolate syrup.. caramel...
glenfiddich and bushmills

and, of course, boobs.
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate
avatar

Aquarius

Posts : 3063
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Lauderdale County

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:48 pm

Trying Arbor Mist Blackberry Merlot with the pizza...tastes okay, but so far I'm wondering if I paid eight dollars too much for Kool-Aid. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
lmm
Epic Author
avatar

Aquarius

Posts : 1873
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Colbert County

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:04 pm

Most of the Arbor mists are very mild.

Hubby got me one by Liberty Creek called Sweet Red.

If I said the bottle turned out to be a serving, would that tell you how much
I like it??? drunken drunken drunken Giggle
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate
avatar

Aquarius

Posts : 3063
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Lauderdale County

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:15 pm

Aw man, I think I saw that one and was considering it when I read the Harbor Mist bottle and decided anything with blackberry in it had to be good. I'll try the Sweet Red next time. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
lmm
Epic Author
avatar

Aquarius

Posts : 1873
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Colbert County

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:42 pm

I remember there was another flavor in it, but don't know what it was. I'll try it next time.

Arbor Mist Strawberry Zinfandel is very good.
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate
avatar

Pisces

Posts : 2475
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:17 pm

Joy wrote:
affraid

Uhhhh, Ubu, this is probably a good time to mention that my husband is one of our lurking members. I told him to unlurk, but he doesn't mind me. Increasing in volume doesn't seem to have any effect either...although that doesn't stop me from trying every now and then.

*nervous laughter* How 'bout them Braves? What a Face

Good he needs to be..... Clap, but it would be nice if he jumped in every now and again......so many, many questions to ask......first off, "how do you live with a Saint?"

Butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt, are you saying he's never seen you with your buzz on? Laughing All the more reason for the video...... Thumbup


uhhhhhhhh, you did explain to him that I am a big cut up and not to take me too seriously, right???????????????????????? affraid affraid affraid affraid

Back to the wine....Have either of you tried the Morgan Creek Muscadine????
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate
avatar

Aquarius

Posts : 3063
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Lauderdale County

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Oh yum...that sounds good, too...grew up eating Mama's muscadine & scuppernong jellies.

Yes, he knows y'all are all full of bologna, but just thought I'd better share that. He's regularly full of bologna himself...making me laugh got him in the door (not the way he tells it of course). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Ubu
Poet Laureate
avatar

Pisces

Posts : 2475
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:58 pm

full of whattttttttttttttttttttt? ohhhh bologna.....for a minute I thought you had confused me with Cage.....(((snicker))))

Tell Mr. Joy to grab an ID and jump in ever so often.....we can make fun of him just as well as you Whistle

matter of fact, he doesn't have to grab and ID now that we know he is lurking........come on Blue....open season on Mr. Joy Giggle

Back to top Go down
dogsoldier0513
Sonneteer
avatar

Posts : 66
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : Heart of Dixie!

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:20 pm

Dang! Now I have to wait until next year to get a 'rum and Coke'???? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate
avatar

Aries

Posts : 2168
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : tuscumbia

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:23 pm

nah...I got rum...grab a coke and come on over dog.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:26 pm

Dog soldier I have a close friend who serves in Florence PD . Where do you serve?
Back to top Go down
dogsoldier0513
Sonneteer
avatar

Posts : 66
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : Heart of Dixie!

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:38 pm

Prior to moving to The Shoals, my last department was Selmer PD, Selmer, TN. I know a few Florence officers, as well as others in surrounding departments/agencies. My wife works for the Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office.
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate
avatar

Gemini

Posts : 2584
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Somewhere .... with him.

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:54 pm

....then she knows my relatives.
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate
avatar

Gemini

Posts : 2584
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Somewhere .... with him.

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:01 pm

lmm wrote:
I remember there was another flavor in it, but don't know what it was. I'll try it next time.

Arbor Mist Strawberry Zinfandel is very good.

I'm not very experienced with drinking. How does the Zinfandel compare to wine coolers? My only drinking is a four pack of wine coolers once a year....that's how long four last me. 2-3 sips and i'm buzzed, then i back off.

food.....pizza or catfish Smile
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate
avatar

Aries

Posts : 2168
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : tuscumbia

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Baccardi dark
Monte Alban mezcal
Sparky's chili slaw dogs
Strawberry shortcake
Rolling Rock beer

I like long walks on the beach,quiet times for reflection, and cuddling.................oh, and Oprah....................................................and lying. Whistle Giggle
Back to top Go down
dogsoldier0513
Sonneteer
avatar

Posts : 66
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : Heart of Dixie!

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:41 pm

In a cheap wine, Arbor Mist's Blackberry Merlot is HARD to beat as a general use table wine. You'd have to drink a case of it to get a buzz, though. Wine coolers appear to be diluted with perhaps club soda to make them lighter. Generally, I prefer beer to wine, unless the goal is to get my wife drunk. Whistle
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author
avatar

Aquarius

Posts : 1873
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : Colbert County

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:28 pm

Puf wrote:
lmm wrote:
I remember there was another flavor in it, but don't know what it was. I'll try it next time.

Arbor Mist Strawberry Zinfandel is very good.

I'm not very experienced with drinking. How does the Zinfandel compare to wine coolers? My only drinking is a four pack of wine coolers once a year....that's how long four last me. 2-3 sips and i'm buzzed, then i back off.

food.....pizza or catfish Smile

A little stronger than a wine cooler Puf. About 6% alcohol. Mild taste though.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:10 pm

dogsoldier0513 wrote:
Prior to moving to The Shoals, my last department was Selmer PD, Selmer, TN. I know a few Florence officers, as well as others in surrounding departments/agencies. My wife works for the Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office.
actually i do know several from PD also. And a few in the LCSD. They keep us straight.
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate
avatar

Aries

Posts : 2168
Join date : 2011-05-19
Location : tuscumbia

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:38 pm

KittysCat wrote:
dogsoldier0513 wrote:
Prior to moving to The Shoals, my last department was Selmer PD, Selmer, TN. I know a few Florence officers, as well as others in surrounding departments/agencies. My wife works for the Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office.
actually i do know several from PD also. And a few in the LCSD. They keep us straight.

OH come on....You don't expect me to bite on that one do you?......Its too easy............ Crackingup Ustink
Back to top Go down
dogsoldier0513
Sonneteer
avatar

Posts : 66
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : Heart of Dixie!

PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:28 pm

Bluetick wrote:
KittysCat wrote:
dogsoldier0513 wrote:
Prior to moving to The Shoals, my last department was Selmer PD, Selmer, TN. I know a few Florence officers, as well as others in surrounding departments/agencies. My wife works for the Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office.
actually i do know several from PD also. And a few in the LCSD. They keep us straight.

OH come on....You don't expect me to bite on that one do you?......Its too easy............ Crackingup Ustink

Well....you ARE a 'dog'...and she IS a 'cat'..... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Name Your Poison Day   

Back to top Go down
 
Name Your Poison Day
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» the-poison-wine-lounge
» Current Reads
» IDIL Militants torched poison chemicals near Mosul, 1 thousand. People were poisoned by fumes

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alabamian :: This, That & the Other-
Jump to: