Dreams - do you remember them?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Dreams - do you remember them?   Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:40 am

Consider this Dreams Central. If you have a crazy dream, or a not so crazy dream, feel free to share it here. I was working so hard to stay asleep today that I forgot whatever I was dreaming the first time I woke up. The only one I remember is just odd. Of course, they usually are, right?

My sister, her friends and I were sitting out on a sandy area, but the beach was a rocky beach, ocean beyond the rocky area. We are our current age (not always the case). Anyway, I was sitting apart from them. They were goofing off, but I felt bad for my sis because I felt like they were not including her. They all decide to leave and I thought 'fine, whatever', headed to the water. There was an opening between the tall rocky area with a huge slab of rock jutted into the water. It was hot as Hades outside...so I jumped in, arms up treading water. The water was cool & felt wonderful (also felt like clean water - not ocean water), but then realized I still had my towel and a hoodie jacket in my hand. (no, I have no idea why I'd have a jacket in the Summer...haha) So I'm treading water with one hand up holding the towel and hoodie in it & push them to the top of the slab. I swim around but see my sister has stopped and is looking my way. I know she is thinking that she shouldn't leave me there swimming alone because that's dangerous, but she leaves anyway. I decided she's probably right, start trying to get out - no easy task on a slick slab of rock. I woke up because Kato my cat had decided it was past time for breakfast.

You can share them anytime here...if you can't remember one today, any other day you wake up & think 'okay, this one I gotta tell.'. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:45 am

Of course, according to Freud, it's just sexual dissatisfaction for everything in a dream. But he was warped himself. Razz

Don't remember one from last night. Most of mine seem to be searching for something. Or falling. Need to finish that dream lecture you put up. I have only seen parts one and two.
Back to top Go down
dogsoldier0513
Sonneteer

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:37 pm

I remember very few of my dreams. However, the ones I remember are in color....which, I've been told.....is a rarity among guys that dream.
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:56 am

Watched True Grit this weekend with the kiddies (camping was cancelled due to illness) then last night I watched a "true" movie about the founding of Chess Records and Muddy Waters.

Then last night I had a dream about Muddy Waters playing the Shoals Threatre and he only had one arm.................weird.......
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:06 am

Is that the dream equivalent of "I can play that with one arm tied behind my back."? Laughing
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:28 am

I had one last night that involved people from years ago, and blackmail. affraid affraid affraid affraid

Too much wine before bed. Giggle
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:43 am

Dadgummit, I keep forgetting to remember my dreams...is that an oxymoron? I guess I'll have to attach something (a reminder) to my cell phone. My furry alarm clock usually beats my cell phone to the punch, but it's still the first thing I look at when I wake up.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:19 am

I still need to finish the dream documentary.
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:00 am

Most of my dreams last night were about combat (haha...Blue, the combat boots thing stuck...bahaha), being on the run and crunching numbers. In one dream, I'm on the run by myself (yep, wearing the combat boots), in another my husband and I are helping my daughter who is on the run (she's wearing the combat boots), in another I'm just at work being assigned departments to dust (BORing)...but throughout I must be able to crunch numbers to achieve my goals. Wow, can't imagine where that came from. Whistle Giggle
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:37 am

It was just a dream dear....we would never let you go into combat alone. Shotgun Bubba Dwarf
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:47 am

Bluetick wrote:
It was just a dream dear....we would never let you go into combat alone. Shotgun Bubba Dwarf

huhhhhhh, I don't know Blue.......crunching numbers scares the beejeezers out of me affraid

lol!
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:04 am

I didn't tell her we would be any good...I just said we'd be there. Giggle
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:07 am

ahhhhhhhhh, okay.......yeah we gotcha "back" Joy...........we're behind you all the way.......

Hiya
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:10 am

Yeah hon, we're back there.....................................somewhere. Smile
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:42 am

You two sound like my dog. He barks fiercely at everyone until they walk up to the pen, then he runs to the back and hides.

Giggle

He's a good puppy though. Very loving. Love
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:21 am

He who runs away, lives to fight another day. rabbit
Back to top Go down
dogsoldier0513
Sonneteer

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:33 pm

Dream interpretation usually takes one of two routes: Some believe that our dreams mean THE OPPOSITE of what actually occurs in them. Others believe that our dreams are our body's way of 'doing things' in a 'safe' environment that we normaly wouldn't do.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:39 pm

I think they are a result of stress or worry combined with elements from the real world all rolled into a play.

I had one where I am in town (Florence) looking for something. I am going through downtown streets, then office buildings, then the UNA campus. I keep going in and out of doors and up and down winding staircases, passing people in uniform or costumes, and I spend hours doing this. It's hot and dry and I hit some locked doors and stairs that end no where. I finally find what I am looking for and it turns out to be one of my cats. I call her by name.

Now the ending is, she was never missing and I rarely go to Florence.
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:02 pm

Were you nekkid....... Huh?........ Cause if you weren't the Cage ain't interested

Giggle
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:27 pm

Not in that one. There is a recurring dream I have where I am in highschool going to class topless and nobody notices. I'm not sure if that means I was vulnerable (dream book) or just flat chested! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:48 pm

LOL, I think we all a variation of that dream some time or another!
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:59 pm

Yep.. The shrinks tell us it means we are self conscious and have low esteem. Or we were ignored by the rest of the school. affraid
Geek here. Sad

Turned out OK. Kitty
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:31 am

Weird dream last night...

My husband and I were hiking through a hilly area and he was trying to convince me to move somewhere, said it was beautiful there and the weather is perfect. I was semi agreeable, but really didn't want to move that far from family. We were talking and not watching our step and there was huge drop off to another level of land with the top of a dead tree level with where we are walking filling up the space. We fall through, limbs after limbs after limbs, breaking our descent. We finally land safely and resume our walk.

We find this house/building that we think is abandoned but still in good condition and go in. The layout of the place is disjointed. There is no light except what's spilling in through the front door. We're standing at a long wide bar separating the foyer where we are standing from the two rooms to the right. There are more rooms if you go in different directions from the foyer. It smelled like an old house. It didn't look abandoned and I was thinking it might be a drug house or something. As I look closer, I see bookshelves line the walls of both rooms to the right and old comfy leather chairs and sofas fill the perimeter of both rooms. My husband was entering the first room, enamored with the books and I said "Wait. I think someone lives here." A guy runs from the back and out the front door as if we're not even there.

I see the proprietor of the place (yes, that's the title that came to my head) in another direction & walk over to his little office (looks like an old post office within the room) to introduce myself. As he's telling me how much he loves the place but that it drives him crazy, I see what he means as cabinets open and close of their own accord and sporadic music from 20's/30's/40's comes from different areas of the place simultaneously.

I hear voices and turn to the door to see my Daddy (he passed away years ago) and my step-mom come through the door. He looks like he did in the seventies...young, tan with that crazy long dark mustache that was popular then...haha. As I am standing there with my mouth hanging open, my step-mom sees me, says her goodbyes to Daddy with tears in her eyes and says she'll see him tomorrow. I know that she is real, realizes she knows that Daddy is not exactly Daddy but comes to see him anyway because she misses him so much. She leaves hurriedly so she doesn't have to talk to me about it.

Daddy is about to leave and I said "Hi!". He says "Well, hello there. You must be one of the *insert my maiden name* girls." I can't speak. He says "Well, goodbye then." and leaves. I immediately have tears streaming down my face from shock and the realization that I do miss him. (We didn't have much of a relationship when I was growing up...got to know him through he and my husband's relationship.) I have one hand on the counter for support and know that my husband is there to comfort me.

It fast forwards to later & I see Daddy again as he's walking through, go out on the porch and say "Wait. Can I ask you a question?" He says "sure" and we sit beside each other on the front steps. I say "Why did you say I must be one of those *Maiden name* girls?" He said "Oh, one of my brothers (Daddy only had one brother & I know in my head that this guy has a huge family, further revealing that he's not exactly Daddy.) dated one and y'all look so much alike." to which I say "Really? What's her name?" He grins his sideways grin and says "I don't remember it, but my brother would. She was kind of chubby." This hurt my feelings a little. He had to go and left.

I knew my son was there somewhere and was trying to escape our notice but I saw him at the restaurant attached to the side of this building (yeah, I know, we didn't even have power a minute ago.). It looked like the ones in Peru with the beautiful varied food displayed under domed glass and people cooking right behind the counter. He's asks the manager, who was slicing a square thick yummy looking pizza on a round raised glass cake plate, if he's thought anymore about giving him a job because he needs money since it looks like we're staying a while. The manager agrees and the lady beside him says she sent him the schedule with the new app for cell phones. I'm thinking "Great idea. That makes so much better sense! Then you always have your schedule with you & my son won't lose his schedule." aaaaand I woke up.

Bizarro.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:21 am

Let's see. Father's Day just passed. Daddy's appearance. You are stressing over college. Afraid you son is not eating well. Want to run away from the world but it finds you. You like books and hide in them by reading.
You love antiques and beautiful displays.
A nice story all in all.

Forgot the one I had, but I know it was bad because I woke up in the middle. I hate that.
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:26 am

Okay, lmm, get out of my head....HAHA! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreams - do you remember them?   

Back to top Go down

Dreams - do you remember them?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next