HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Premonitions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dogsoldier0513
Sonneteer

PostSubject: Premonitions?   Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:12 pm

Ever had one? I've had several. From what I'm told, premonitions are more common among individuals of Native American ancestry. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Premonitions?   Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:32 pm

quite often...........of course my great-great grandmother was Chickasaw Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Premonitions?   Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:21 am

"My Mama's she's a Chippawa; she's a one of a kind." Giggle

My grandmother used to freak me out when I was a teenager. We did not live in the same town. She would call me and tell me she 'dreamed' about me last night and ask if everything was okay...and that's when the lying commenced. In hindsight, I am sure she saw straight through my lies. It did tend to straighten me up though. I mean, who am I to rebel against some kind of supernatural warning, right?

I've had them as well. My daughter was in college, living in an old house near campus. I woke straight up out of bed one night at my house hearing her voice saying a rather panicked "Mama". I called her & she was sitting there terrified because she thought someone was trying to break in. I told her to turn on all the lights starting with the porch light and call 911, that Daddy was on his way. The lights apparently scared whoever it was away.

Hmm, I'm not sure if that falls under premonition since it was in the present rather than prior to?

I do have Cherokee and Creek in my bloodline, btw, but all I got were the cheekbones and short height...I'd have preferred that pretty dark skin, but white as a piece of cotton. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Premonitions?   Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:40 am

I got the dark skin and........the nose... Razz My aunts have the dark skin, dark hair and dark eyes. You can look at them and see our Indian heritage.......my dad looks like your typical Southern man.....LOL

I have a lot of mannerisms that have been called Indian. I was in a "meeting" once with a full blooded Cherokee and he looked at me and said, "so what tribe are you"..........kinda funny considering I have green eyes and brown hair........but he was serious......

But I have premonitions of people visiting or calling all the time......at times a sense of foreboding.......freaks the wifey out.

I think I'm pretty good at sensing trolls too.......... Giggle
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Premonitions?   Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:49 am

My mother was adopted, so we don't know much about her heritage, but she was short, dark skinned,had the cheek bones,and dark hair. My great grandmother on my father's side was Cherokee and went by the name Two Mamas. She lived in Portland Tenn. and we went to visit her when I was a small kid. I remember my Granddad setting .22 short bullets on a fence post a pretty good distance away, and she would shoot them off without hitting the fence post. My mother always seemed to know when I was up to no good.....................course, that was most of the time. Laughing
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Premonitions?   Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:39 am

I don't have any Native American in me but hubby has Blackfoot.

As for kids, a friend of mine said the uterus is always connected and acts as a homing device. She has four and always knows when one is in trouble!
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Premonitions?   Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:41 pm

Ubu wrote:

I think I'm pretty good at sensing trolls too.......... Giggle

Never ignore those premonitions!

Crackingup
Back to top Go down
dogsoldier0513
Sonneteer

PostSubject: Re: Premonitions?   Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:29 pm

Several years ago, when I was still in law enforcement, I was on my way to work. All the way in I had the oddest feeling that 'something wasn't right'. I double-checked all of my gear, vest, etc. Everything was fine. But, still..... I went on duty at 2300HRS and everything was uneventful. At 0200HRS, the other officers clocked out, leaving me the only officer on duty yntil 0700. Arounf 0230HRS I sat down at the local Huddle House and ordered a cup of coffee. I never got it. Dispatch called me and advised me that the Fire Alarm was going off at the jail. 'No big deal', I thought to myself...since the jail is right across the parking lot from the Fire Department. I started en route only to have dispatch notify me that 'the jail personnel weren't answering the phones'. As it turned out, a jail break had occured with 5 inmates escaping. Now answer me this: Was THIS related to the 'feeling' I had earlier prior to reporting for duty? Who knows? I have others I may share....
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Premonitions?   Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:05 pm

In a small way I understand that Dog. Your job was hazardous by nature and you probaly do develope a "sixth sense." That is like a motorcycle rider. If you ride long enough you will develop one. You can see a car a half mile away and just know he is going to do something stupid. or know they don't see you. I take evasive action before the event occurs. ITs happened to me lots of times. You will get to trust those feelings.
Back to top Go down
dogsoldier0513
Sonneteer

PostSubject: Re: Premonitions?   Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:37 pm

OK. That makes sense. Try this one:

Not long after my wife and I began dating I experienced the first of several 'events' that I quickly learned to dread. I was sound asleep one night...around 0420, IIRC, when I suddenly awoke. This was something that I NEVER did, save for waking up during really bad storms. I had that same 'feeling' mentioned earlier...something was wrong. I finally went back to sleep (about 15 minutes later). When I talked to her the next morning I asked her if everything was 'OK'. She informed me that early that morning her ex-husband had entered her house. She awoke to find him standing over her....just watching. I asked her the time. She replied '4:20AM'.........

I HATE those 'feelings'/ My mom has them and tells me that if she EVER tells me that 'something bad has happened' I'm to believe her.
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Premonitions?   Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:44 pm

I'm like Blue, dogsoldier. I trust those feelings and take steps whenever I have them. Don't dread them-recognize them as a sign to "get prepared'
Back to top Go down
dogsoldier0513
Sonneteer

PostSubject: Re: Premonitions?   Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:11 pm

My mom refuses to stay in my house alone. She swears someone died there and it 'creeps her out'. She can't explain it. As far as I know, nothing 'bad' ever happened here..and no one died here. My uncle built it in 1966, so I know the history of the house. For some odd reason, I can't stand to go into the house's crawl space (NOT your typical crawl space as it is all lit and a 6' man can jump up and down w/o any problems) if I'm home alone. I can't explain it. I can go into a house, building, etc and clear it as a cop but can't stand my own house's crawl space???
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Premonitions?   Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:33 pm

Hire a crackhead to check it out for you dog. They'll do anything for twenty bucks. Crackingup Crackingup
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Premonitions?   Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:33 pm

Just a thought DS,
Do you have a lot of wiring in the crawl space? I love to watch all the ghost shows and most of the time that 'feeling' is the electrical charge in the air from loose wiring or a bad connection or too much wiring in one place.

If you use one of those emf detectors, you can probably find it.

And I don't think it's silly or weird. I believe in ghosts so I am not making fun of you or your mom.
Back to top Go down
dogsoldier0513
Sonneteer

PostSubject: Re: Premonitions?   Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:57 am

Oh, I believe in ghosts. Our house in Tennessee was haunted with the ghost of a teenaged girl, ca. 1918. I 'heard' her more than I saw her, but i DID see her....twice.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Premonitions?   Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:05 pm

It is creepy. I have seen two 'ghosts' and felt others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Premonitions?   

Back to top Go down

Premonitions?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alabamian :: This, That & the Other-
Jump to: