View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Redistricting plan splits Shoals   Tue May 24, 2011 5:56 am

Ubu wrote:
Dadgum....that dang dawg dun went and treed 'em one. Getcha smooth bore assassin and fetch 'em back. I'll skin 'em out fur ye'.

Bubba

THA COON BOY....GET THA COON...................DON'T SHOOT THE DAWG.
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Redistricting plan splits Shoals   Tue May 24, 2011 7:01 am

Hi, Firenze! sunny
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Redistricting plan splits Shoals   Tue May 24, 2011 8:45 am

Hey FV......glad to see you up and going here!
Back to top Go down
Evil Genius
Sonneteer

PostSubject: Re: Redistricting plan splits Shoals   Tue May 24, 2011 9:50 am

Too many messages to respond to individually. There is an action that happens on forums, it starts out as a general discussion with statement of generalities, then someone who disagrees with what they think you expressed all of a sudden wants to deal in specifics, I would be glad to do that on one point at a time, but I usually don't have time, so just imagine what you think I would say, since that's what many are doing anyway lol.

As usual a lot of people made incorrect extrapolations and assumptions on what I have typed, but to squash a few, I never said anyone should vote along party lines, and yes there are subjects I am ignorant on, but not many lol, and yes I used the made up word dumbard that a friend of mine used a lot in the teen years, so wallow in the glory of your insult lol. My basic message was and is, if you vote for someone who does what they said they would do, don't whine and complain when they do it.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Redistricting plan splits Shoals   Tue May 24, 2011 10:04 am

Morning Evil:

Well, I don't know how you can say 'generalities' when you stated this:

''''I just don't fancy today's party of greed, fear ,and hate based on southern religious ferver and their antiquated thinking along with their manipulation by corporations and the extreme rich.''''

As for politicians, they rarely do anything they say they are going too, so I usually vote for the least corrupt appearing and hope for the best.

I'm sure the same is true for most people.
Back to top Go down
Evil Genius
Sonneteer

PostSubject: Re: Redistricting plan splits Shoals   Tue May 24, 2011 10:15 am

You can't get much more general than that statement you said wasn't lol. There are a few wings of the Republican party. There are some Republicans I agree with such as the moderates mostly in the northeast part of the country. But yes, I do not like the Republicans ideas (generality) in the South.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Redistricting plan splits Shoals   Tue May 24, 2011 10:22 am

What brands the South republicans different from any one else?
Democrats don't believe in God, responsible government, being self-reliant, defending your borders, fair taxation, honesty, or having dignity?
See how easy it is to lump people into one group?

If you want to list specifics about republicans you don't like, start a new thread in politics. We can have a good discussion.
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Redistricting plan splits Shoals   Tue May 24, 2011 10:28 am

lmm wrote:
Morning Evil:

Well, I don't know how you can say 'generalities' when you stated this:

''''I just don't fancy today's party of greed, fear ,and hate based on southern religious ferver and their antiquated thinking along with their manipulation by corporations and the extreme rich.''''

As for politicians, they rarely do anything they say they are going too, so I usually vote for the least corrupt appearing and hope for the best.

I'm sure the same is true for most people.

I can think of examples of everything he said, especially in our own area. However, it's not just prevalent in the Republican Party. Both parties are corrupt. Finding someone you feel comfortable promoting as a candidate is difficult. I feel like I am voting for the corporation that put them in office...deciding which corporation represents me best rather than which candidate.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Redistricting plan splits Shoals   Tue May 24, 2011 10:31 am

Yeah, it goes back too, "Who pays the most to get elected?"

They should forbid money to all candidates and do like Huckabee said. You have an 'American Idol' style runoff and the people vote off candidates until one is left and that's the President.

I like it. Clap
Back to top Go down
Evil Genius
Sonneteer

PostSubject: Re: Redistricting plan splits Shoals   Tue May 24, 2011 10:47 am

lmm, you don't seem to get the idea that I'm speaking in generalities, not lumping people into anything in a derogatory manner. I think you're reading it from a personal point and lumping yourself in to southern Republicans and taking it personally.

Some GENERAL IDEAS I don't like with the southern type republicans is the absolutism of dealing with problems like the budget. I believe in a mix of taxes and spending cuts, like President Eisenhower, Ford, Nixon, the first President Bush, and even Reagan accepted. I don't believe in this folly that you can only proceed toward a balanced budget with just spending cuts. You may believe differently, I'm not trying to argue the point, you just asked for some clarification in my statement.

I don't believe in the strict moral beliefs of most of the right wing of the Republican party either. There used to be a saying in the Republican party before the religious groups got into the party, "Keep governments hand out of our pocket and our zipper" .

That's just a couple of my political beliefs, notice I said my beliefs. You or anybody else don't have to agree with them. That's what we do on here state our opinions. Now I have to charge my laptop battery.
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Redistricting plan splits Shoals   Tue May 24, 2011 10:57 am

Evil Genius wrote:
Too many messages to respond to individually. There is an action that happens on forums, it starts out as a general discussion with statement of generalities, then someone who disagrees with what they think you expressed all of a sudden wants to deal in specifics, I would be glad to do that on one point at a time, but I usually don't have time, so just imagine what you think I would say, since that's what many are doing anyway lol.

As usual a lot of people made incorrect extrapolations and assumptions on what I have typed, but to squash a few, I never said anyone should vote along party lines, and yes there are subjects I am ignorant on, but not many lol, and yes I used the made up word dumbard that a friend of mine used a lot in the teen years, so wallow in the glory of your insult lol. My basic message was and is, if you vote for someone who does what they said they would do, don't whine and complain when they do it.

Insult? Where you offended that I called you ignorant? Theres no shame in being ignorant, remember? I have no reason to "wallow in my glory", there is no glory to be had.

I do respect your last post, and I agree wholeheartedly with your basic message.
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Redistricting plan splits Shoals   Tue May 24, 2011 11:14 am

LOL EG. I was of the opinion that the reference to "you" was a general statement. Not specifically "me". Wink

I apologize for assuming that you were espousing a vote along party lines. It just appeared that you were holding one party above the other. I. E. Repubs= barefoot rabble, Demos=Saved Us.

That's why I went there. Cool

Your overall point was valid and one that I agreed with. As momma always said, "If you pull the dogs tail, don't be surprised when he turns around and bites you" Razz

Now let's carry this over to politics and discuss the "spending cuts + tax increases" a little more.
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Redistricting plan splits Shoals   Tue May 24, 2011 11:16 am

Oh doh Duh! This should have gone in politics...I'll move it.
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Redistricting plan splits Shoals   Tue May 24, 2011 11:24 am

Yeah, you would have thought the OP would have seen that

(((((snicker)))))

lol!
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Redistricting plan splits Shoals   Tue May 24, 2011 11:50 am

Tongue3
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Redistricting plan splits Shoals   Tue May 24, 2011 11:57 am

At this point I am thankful that you have not found the "kiss my butt" emot

Crackingup
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Redistricting plan splits Shoals   Tue May 24, 2011 12:04 pm

Ubu wrote:
LOL EG. I was of the opinion that the reference to "you" was a general statement. Not specifically "me". Wink

I apologize for assuming that you were espousing a vote along party lines. It just appeared that you were holding one party above the other. I. E. Repubs= barefoot rabble, Demos=Saved Us.

That's why I went there. Cool

Your overall point was valid and one that I agreed with. As momma always said, "If you pull the dogs tail, don't be surprised when he turns around and bites you" Razz

Now let's carry this over to politics and discuss the "spending cuts + tax increases" a little more.

Same here UBU. If you start out saying one party is crap and another the savior, it does APPEAR you are for one party. Twisted Evil

I vote for the candidate, not the party and have voted for both parties and independents in the past.
As for savings vs taxes, it has to be both or we're dead, literally.
Both parties wants to make cuts, just neither wants to admit it. Taxes will have to be raised in some manner, and we need to stop sending money to other countries. They never send us any. Be Selfish!!! Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redistricting plan splits Shoals   Tue May 24, 2011 1:11 pm

No with reasons
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Redistricting plan splits Shoals   Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:43 am

Link: House rejects redistricting proposal

Reading that gives me a headache...like all things governmental, something fairly simple is made so complicated that nobody freakin' cares anymore. I don't know if that's intentional or just represents a lack of organization, but surely there's a waste of time and money in there somewhere...just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redistricting plan splits Shoals   

Back to top Go down

Redistricting plan splits Shoals
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2