Share | 

Want to guess who said this?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Want to guess who said this?   Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:38 am

“If my Republican friends believe that increasing our debt by almost $800 billion today and more than $3 trillion over the last five years is the right thing to do, they should be upfront about it. They should explain why they think more debt is good for the economy.

“How can the Republican majority in this Congress explain to their constituents that trillions of dollars in new debt is good for our economy? How can they explain that they think it’s fair to force our children, our grandchildren, our great grandchildren to finance this debt through higher taxes. That’s what it will have to be. Why is it right to increase our nation’s dependence on foreign creditors?

“They should explain this. Maybe they can convince the public they’re right. I doubt it. Because most Americans know that increasing debt is the last thing we should be doing. After all, I repeat, the Baby Boomers are about to retire. Under the circumstances, any credible economist would tell you we should be reducing debt, not increasing it. Democrats won’t be making argument to supper this legalization, which will weaken our country. Weaken our county.”

Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Want to guess who said this?   Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:00 pm

I'll take "Harry Reid-2006" for a thousand Alex
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Want to guess who said this?   Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Want to guess who said this?   Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:19 pm

Most of you know what I do to keep bread on the table...........several years ago Reid "became" a client.......I had to deal with his "personal assistant".......during the course of our conversations I told her that I needed the Senator to do some things........her response "the Senator is too busy a man to be bothered with such trivial matters"

After I picked myself up off the floor....I asked her "the Senator is too busy to follow the law?" Her response........... "yes"

I immediately told her that our "realtionship was hereby terminated and find someone else to take care of your business"........

In the Senator's defense he did call, apologize and we proceeded with the business..........
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Want to guess who said this?   Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:50 pm

Right, UBU.
Can you say lying hypocrites for the whole lot on both sides?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want to guess who said this?   

Back to top Go down

Want to guess who said this?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1