HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

I am so proud of my step-daughter!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dogsoldier0513
Sonneteer

PostSubject: I am so proud of my step-daughter!   Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:34 am

Being a step-parent is rarely 'easy'. Such has been the case with both of my step-daughters. Imagine my surprise, as well as her mom's, when my 19 year old step-dauhter announced 2 weeks ago that she's joining the United States Marine Corps! She reports to MEPS tomorrow and ships off to Boot Camp in March. When we asked he 'Why?' she replied '...because if I can make it through the Marine Corps' boot camp I can do anything.'...which is 100% true.

The split between her mom and dad was especially rough on her. It was aggravated by 'tricks' her dad played with her head and she came out of the ordeal feeling like it was patially her fault. She lost her self-esteem and much of her self-worth in the process. She NEEDS this challenge. She's smart....brilliant, actually...pretty, athletic and stubborn.

I have a little over 6 months to get her ready for Boot Camp. And here I thought, at 50, my 'running' days were behind me....
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: I am so proud of my step-daughter!   Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:46 am

Good deal Dogsoldier!
I am quite proud of my step daughter too, she has graduated from UNA and has a pretty good
job with state benefits.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: I am so proud of my step-daughter!   Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:02 am

Congrats to both.

The marines are rough. If she makes it through that, nobody will ever mess with her.
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: I am so proud of my step-daughter!   Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:26 am

Congratulations to your (step) daughter, dogsoldier! I admire her for stepping up that way, especially in these times.

I'm proud of my step-daughter, too. After 17 tattoos, she has announced "this is the last one", and actually sounded a bit more convincing this time. Plus, after owning a motorcycle for almost a week, she hasn't killed herself, or anyone else.
But that will probably change once she actually gets it running.
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: I am so proud of my step-daughter!   Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:35 am

dogsoldier0513 wrote:
Being a step-parent is rarely 'easy'. Such has been the case with both of my step-daughters. Imagine my surprise, as well as her mom's, when my 19 year old step-daughter announced 2 weeks ago that she's joining the United States Marine Corps! She reports to MEPS tomorrow and ships off to Boot Camp in March. When we asked he 'Why?' she replied '...because if I can make it through the Marine Corps' boot camp I can do anything.'...which is 100% true.

The split between her mom and dad was especially rough on her. It was aggravated by 'tricks' her dad played with her head and she came out of the ordeal feeling like it was partially her fault. She lost her self-esteem and much of her self-worth in the process. She NEEDS this challenge. She's smart....brilliant, actually...pretty, athletic and stubborn.

I have a little over 6 months to get her ready for Boot Camp. And here I thought, at 50, my 'running' days were behind me....

Flag2

Awesome, dogsoildier! I am in awe of that choice in a young person. She sounds like she has everything she needs to succeed, including you in her corner.

Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

Grats to your and your daughter, unclegus! Kids being able to pay their own bills is a beautiful thing, too. Smile

Puf!!! Grats to you, too! Giggle
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am so proud of my step-daughter!   

Back to top Go down

I am so proud of my step-daughter!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1