How do you know?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:29 am

That is certainly not something anyone who walks this earth can tell you.
No matter what they think!
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:58 pm

True Gus. If you follow the 10 Commandments, the Golden Rule and do your best to live as morally as possible, then I think that will put you on the right path. But no one "KNOWS" they are saved until the moment they die.

And I am not a believer in "once saved, always saved".
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:52 am

I am positive I am saved.

I feel the Holy Spirit's conviction when I do something outside of God's will, his joy when I do something in God's will, his filling when I cannot do something by myself, his intervention when I am about to do something harmful to me or another person, his revelation and power when I read scripture or pray and I had a supernatural experience when I surrendered in my late 20s. I asked Christ to be my Savior, accepted him as Savior at age ten, but did not know about the surrender part until God taught me that it's Savior and Lord...so I did that in my late 20s.

God has never left me, even when I was acting a fool as a teen. He never let me enjoy my sinful lifestyle. I was miserable until I turned away from that and began to follow his will for my life. I have been saved since the moment I asked him to save me at age 10. His presence is all over and in my life. I believe his word is true because of the power it has when spoken by me or anyone else...therefore the promises within are true as well. No one can snatch me from the Father's hand, including me. All of the above is why I am positive that the moment I am absent from the body, I will be present with the Savior.
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:37 am

That is a very good explanation Joy!
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:47 am

I agree with Gus. Well said, Joy!

JR.....IMO,on a small scale, every morning that you wake up it is God's way of saying "Well done thou good and faithful servant!" because he is giving you a brand new day.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:07 am

I'll play devil's advocate!! Twisted Evil

Joy, you can hear deepfat telling you, that's just your conscience. No divine intervention needed. You knew what you were doing was wrong from the beginning, so you finally gave up the bad stuff. You have fooled yourself into believing that some outer force is controlling you. You are the only one that matters. No pixie dust.

(All those years at TD made me good at this!) Giggle
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:46 pm

My conscience is not dependable, lmm...lol...when God gets in my business, it's more powerful than my conscience, which is many times in direct opposition to his will for me. Smile

As far as hearing from God, it's usually an unnatural thought or picture that pops into my head. You know how your mind works, the sequence, the normal order from a to b to c and so on. God speaks to me in thoughts or pictures that invade unnaturally and completely without order. Does that make sense?

As for the supernatural event, ain't no way to explain that one but God. You can argue with my theology, my interpretation, etc., but you can't argue with my testimony because it is mine to tell.

Thanks for playing devil's advocate...it is kind of hard to have a debate when we all agree...haha. Smile
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:57 pm

Joy, it is so great to hear someone say God speaks to them! So many think it's natural to pray and talk to God, but mention that he talks back? you're labeled crazy.....unless your're a preacher.
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:44 pm

Thanks, Puf. Smile

I may be a little crazy, have been a whole lot crazy several times in my life, hovered on the brink of insanity at least twice, but the closer my walk with God, the clearer my mind. When I was younger, ridicule was more likely to cause me to hide who I am or pretend I'm something else. Now I'm more likely to question a person who ridicules - their wisdom, their motives...see how they take the scrutiny they are so apt to give.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:48 pm

Yes, we are all crazy. It's a fact.

I get what you mean Joy. Sometimes I have an over whelming urge to do something. Just happened recently. Some one mentioned they were really hurting and was living on 95 dollars a week. The more I thought about it, the more it bothered me. Then I could think of nothing else. I knew I had to help in someway. I found a relative who would help get the person a job, but then that person really didn't want it, just wanted to complain.

So I was frustrated at that point, but I knew I had to try. Something was making me uncomfortable until i did. I am hoping that something was God, but even if it wasn't, I am satisfied now.

I have a wing at Bryce. Anyone interested????????????? Crazy Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle

Ridicule is just someone's way of not facing their own demons.
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:22 am

JR, sometimes the seeking is what you are meant to do, not the finding. Finding can mean the end of learning...and then you stagnate...As long as you're seeking you can go off on tangents and discover things you never would have other wise.
The same concept as the journey being more fun than the destination.
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:29 am

I think it's wonderful that all us crazy folks have wound up here in one place. I just hope they don't build a fence around us now Laughing

lmm, i'm also a "helper", and i have never regretted helping anyone, but i have regretted that a lot of people i have helped treated it as something that was due them ....
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:49 am

Puf wrote:
I think it's wonderful that all us crazy folks have wound up here in one place. I just hope they don't build a fence around us now Laughing

lmm, i'm also a "helper", and i have never regretted helping anyone, but i have regretted that a lot of people i have helped treated it as something that was due them ....
Oh, now that makes me very angry!!! Twisted Evil

When people expect to get handouts, I could just kick them. Dwarf Dwarf Dwarf Dwarf Dwarf Dwarf Dwarf

What crazy people? I don't see no crazy people, do you, little lmm? Nope, not me. Looks fine. Although I think Joy's little doggie is peeing on Puf's little squirrel. LOL

Bad doggie. lol!
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:01 am

if i'm willing to admit that i'm crazy does that mean i'm not crazy? scratch

squirrel? i don't see no squirrel cyclops
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:10 am

I think it was all a plot...to gather all us crazy folks here in one spot, for what purpose I do not know. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:18 am

what do you mean you don't know?
i've got the floor plans and you're supposed to have the dynamite Cool
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:50 am

Hey, nobody showed me the floor plans. What gives? All I've got is this weird key that has a red light on it and it hums........................................................................................................................................
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:03 pm

shhhhh....no one startle lmm! i don't like the looks of that key.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:04 pm

It's fine Puf. It went to a Sailor Moon doll house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz Razz Razz Razz

It belonged to little lmm. Giggle
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:10 pm

Good, the world is still safe!

i'm going to celebrate with a cup of coffee ...and a basket of laundry.
Back to top Go down
Dino
Sonneteer

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:50 pm

By faith, JR and living a Christian life which asks us to glorify God in all things. Prayer, giving of oneself to others. Open your Bible and read. Have you asked the Lord to forgive your sins and given him your heart? I'll pray for you. You can pray for everyone here who does not object and I do not.
Back to top Go down
http://dinosdeliberations.blogspot.com
DeepFat
Limerick Lover

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:03 pm

Saved from what?

Hi, y'all, it's me, DeepFat. Your friendly neighborhood atheist.

Seriously, there must be some distress from which you must be "saved". The orthodox reason is Original Sin from the story of Adam and Eve, but I won't insult you with the notion that you believe that. It's obviously metaphorical for the imperfect nature of the human condition.

That leaves us with the realization that humans are imperfect. So what? The better ones among try to lead good lives, the worse among us try to do evil, lots of people just muddle along and the world is no better or worse for their existence.

From what do we ALL need vicarious redemption? Nothing. We are the creatures we are, either created or evolved.

The essential story of Jesus is therefor nullified. There is no Original Sin, this much is clear, and for the imperfect nature of humans, we only have God to blame. Or not. In either case, there is no reason for universal salvation. It's a farce, and a fraud.

We're having some fun now, eh? Very Happy

DF
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:58 am

Deep! Hug

We experience immediate consequences of our sin while we live on earth, but we are saved from the final consequence, hell. We also receive the indwelling of Holy Spirit as an enormous benefit of salvation, one I wouldn't trade for anything else someone could offer, as nothing compares.

Sin occurs naturally in humans. You don't have to teach a toddler to lie. He or she does it without any training whatsoever. Smile

God provided a way out, but won't force himself on us. It must be our choice to either accept Christ's payment for our sin or pay for that sin ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:25 am

Hey, I changed the troll that used your name to another name so that I could change your name to DeepFat. Clear as mud? Anyhoo, I'll send you an email and a PM at TVT to tell you as well so you will know to sign in as "DeepFat" now. Whoop whoop! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:38 pm

Deep is in the house. Hide the chilrens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi DF, you cute little atheist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you know?   

Back to top Go down

How do you know?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alabamian :: Spiritual Side of Life-
Jump to: