Share | 

A happy customer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: A happy customer   Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:06 pm

For a few years now , I have dealt with the mail order music company Musicians friend. I have bought three guitars, a mandolin, a digital recorder, strings, picks, and various accessories. I usually try to save a buck by trying to buy used gear and have been very well pleased with their service. I recently bought a guitar amplifier, used of course. The amp is a Fender G-dec which has a number of features such as a recording and overdub capabilities, backing tracks in different styles, several different amp modelers, several effects, etc. The amp arrived in two days, they estimated 5 to 8 days, and worked fine except since it was used, the previous owner had registered the product. When I tried to register it the code was rejected, thus the amp was nearly useless to me. I got about a 30% discount when I bought it.

Today, I called Musicians Friend and explained my problem. After a few moments to verify that I was who I claimed to be the customer service rep asked her supervisor how to handle my problem. Their solution........They are sending me a return label to ship the item back to them, at their expense, and are going to send me a brand new amp of the same model, along with a voucher for a $50 rebate..(which I swear I am not going to use). I have always been pleased with their service , but this floored me. I know this smacks of spam, but I am overwhelmed at my good fortune. I have a huge grin on my face, and have been beating out Stevie Ray Vaughns Pride and Joy most of the day on the neat little amp. I can't even use the features and I'm still impressed with its sound.

I just wanted to share my good fortune with you and tell you pickers out there to give these folks a try.
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: A happy customer   Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:06 pm

I'm not a picker, but it's fantastic that a company does so much to keep a customer happy! You should post that on fb and give the company a well deserved plug.

Now, when do i get to hear you play? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: A happy customer   Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:15 pm

I ain't that great a picker, but I sure enjoy what I can do. It has entertained me for years, has made me a bunch of friends, and got me through some tough times.

haha I guess thats why they call it the blues. (sorry, that song just popped in my head) We should have a meet and greet. I know Ubu and cage, and Ono play. Who knows maybe even Ramm would show up. Crackingup Crackingup Crackingup
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: A happy customer   Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:00 pm

If Ramm was to show up i will gladly put on an archery exhibition Very Happy Of course i haven't shot in a few years and my aim may be a little off Giggle
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: A happy customer   Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:15 pm

I got your slack...I used to be pretty good with a bow and arrow. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: A happy customer   Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:25 pm

Compound?
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: A happy customer   Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:39 pm

I've had a couple of compunds but shot a ben pearson recurve for a while before compunds arrived. Haven't shot one probably 20 or 25 years.
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: A happy customer   Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:47 pm

All i've done is compound, but love the look of a recurve and always wanted to try one....no bells and whistles, just basics.
It's been about 11 years since i've shot.
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: A happy customer   Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:38 am

Wow! That IS great service! I'll pass this along to family/friends...thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: A happy customer   Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:41 am

Puf wrote:
I'm not a picker..........

hmmmmmmmm.....so what you are saying is that you are more of a .......(ahem).......stroker?

(((running))) (((hiding)))

Giggle
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: A happy customer   Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:47 am

hahahaha!!
among other things tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A happy customer