HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

IF YOU CANNOT POST HERE, READ THIS!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Testing 1,2,3 (Joy)
Haikuist

PostSubject: IF YOU CANNOT POST HERE, READ THIS!   Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:49 am

Hey. This is Joy. I created a new account "Testing 1,2,3 (Joy)" to see for myself exactly how this process works.

Okay after creating my account by clicking the "Register" button up top & following the steps, I got this message...

Your account has been created. However, this forum requires account activation. An activation key has been sent to the e-mail address you provided. Please check your e-mail for further information.

Notice : If you are using a free e-mail provider such as Hotmail, make sure this e-mail did not get in your "Spam" folder. Add the address to your green list, so you can receive notification e-mails and other information sent from the forum.

...so make sure that is done.

Okay, next I got an email entitled "Welcome to Alabamian Forums" at the email address I used when creating my account (the same one you would have received as it's automatic - everybody gets the same email from forumotion). In that email, I see a link, above which it says "Your account is currently inactive. You cannot use it until you visit the following link:".

When I clicked on the link, it sent me to the Alabamian with this message on the page..."Your account has now been activated. Thank you for registering."

Now, my account is activated, but I AM STILL NOT LOGGED IN. I must click the "On" button at the top right side of screen underneath the big pic at top in order to log in. I do that & am given a window to put my user name and password (if you don't remember it, it will be in that same welcome email from forumotion).

.....aaaaand, here I am, writing a post at the Alabamian. That's how it works.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: IF YOU CANNOT POST HERE, READ THIS!   Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:01 am

I thought I'd put a current date on this in case anyone needs it. If the above just leaves you more confused, shoot one of us a message & we'll do our best to help. Kitty
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: IF YOU CANNOT POST HERE, READ THIS!   Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:24 am

There have been five that signed up but never followed through on the activation. Just to emphasize!!!

Your account has been created. However, this forum requires account activation. An activation key has been sent to the e-mail address you provided. Please check your e-mail for further information.
Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: IF YOU CANNOT POST HERE, READ THIS!   Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:33 am

My anti-spam filter caught my activation message. Fortunately, I'm familiar with it's antics and know to check there frequently to see what's been filtered out. Everybody needs to be aware that if their email provider has a spam filter, it could sensor out wanted messages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IF YOU CANNOT POST HERE, READ THIS!   

Back to top Go down

IF YOU CANNOT POST HERE, READ THIS!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1