HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Checking in....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mekirk2
Limerick Lover

PostSubject: Checking in....   Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:59 pm

I have been in and out of TVT, I check TD every couple days to catch up on the local news (or lack thereof) and, of course, there is always a topic or two that jumps out at me on the right hand side of the page that will drag me in to TVT for a quick visit. Rolling Eyes I dont post much and have not been keeping up with much, I've been so busy with work and enjoying the nice weather. I'm sure, when things settle into winter, I'll be online more often (if the wife doesnt throw my laptop out the door as she has threatened to for so long)....

I've been looking around here and, I must say, this has turned out well. Its good to see some folks getting along that have not in the past. I came in toward the back side of alot of the bickering at TDF. I always thought that, if everyone was forced to sit down and just chat, we would all get along, even if we didnt agree on everything. If there is one thing that was beaten into me as a child it is tolerance. My downfall is I tend to stick up for people, particularly friends, even if it is not my fight. If I have ever been on the opposite end of anyone here, please be tolerant of me and I promise to do the same Smile We dont all have to agree (it would be boring if we did), we just have to get along and tolerate each other.....

Kirk
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Checking in....   Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:07 am

Hiya Hiya, Kirk! Glad you checked in! Thanks; and I agree. It may be cliche' to simply agree to disagree, but it usually works in the forum world.

There are always exceptions, mentally socially spiritually warped minds beyond the reach of reason. However, unlike in our everyday lives, in forumland, we can choose to ignore people with whom speaking is an exercise in futility. Seriously, when you think about it, who is crazier?...the certifiable nut or the person trying to have intelligent discussion/debate with said nut...and yeah, I'm directing that at myself as well.

Peace
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com

Checking in....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1