A Southern Point of View

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

A recovering troll

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: A recovering troll   Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:49 am

Never really considered myself a troll but after being called one several times i wonder.Don't know why but i kinda always liked trouble on the net.Maybe its from my childhood,fighting and getting into meaness and so on.However i considered myself chilled.My question is what makes a person want to start trouble? Anger,resentment,attention? doh doh doh doh doh
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:54 pm

LOL, I understand JR......I never saw myself as one until I realized that when I responded or went on the attack then I was nothing more than a....well can I just say "troll in training".........that's why I quit posting over at TVT.

I've been haning around message boards/forums since.....well let's just say a very, very long time. It was a lot of fun to yank chains, pick at people and just have fun.......But I admit I can take it too far.......but I'm working on it

Whistle
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:40 pm

Every thing Ubu said applies to me also. I did, and do enjoy yankin chains occasionally. It is fun. I tend to get too involved at times. JR, you and I have had our rounds, but I don't hold any grudges. I kind of enjoyed it. You are a worthy opponent, and I don't think either of us said anything too bad. I think you are probably a better man than me, because you want to change to a kinder gentler person. I doubt that I can. I realize I am a bit of a troll at times,but I can't help it. For the record, I do luv white beans. Very Happy Friends?
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:46 pm

I luv white beans too, and hot sauce, and corn bread, and pinto beans, and turnip greens, and poke salad and..........especially....... Scarlett.........nekkid Whistle
Back to top Go down
Firenze
Odist

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:05 am

A real troll doesn't seem to post any meaningful messages. Or if they do, they use two names. But...after being pushed far enough, most of us push back, which is not good. I'm trying not to reply to either of the major TVT trolls right now.
Back to top Go down
http://pen-n-sword.com/
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:29 am

John Reb wrote:
Never really considered myself a troll but after being called one several times i wonder.Don't know why but i kinda always liked trouble on the net.Maybe its from my childhood,fighting and getting into meaness and so on.However i considered myself chilled.My question is what makes a person want to start trouble? Anger,resentment,attention? doh doh doh doh doh

Sometimes it's boredom....
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:45 am

I guess I have evolved into what most everyone else has done at times, but that was never my intention.
I first came to the forums when grieving the loss of a friend to a horrific death and wanted an outlet.
Back then most posters was nice and respectful of others, then came the war between the two ladies who had
a problem between each other, lines were drawn and everyone else felt it was their duty to be on one side or the other
and things got nasty for everyone.
Everyone has their opinion of what they think is the right way to do things, most of the time these differences
are not brought up in real life, but when given the anonymity of the internet, then we all get a little braver in broadcasting our
thoughts. I have been guilty of this myself, but have always tried to not say something I would not say to a persons face.
I know I have fallen into the game way too many times though.
With that said, I have also seen people who's only intention is to start trouble with whoever they can. Then there is at least one person
who has taken things a little too far and taken the hatred into real life. I do think this particular person has used other names to incite hatred
between others and has everyone else wondering what is going on. This person has friended people with the purpose to cause trouble and
I think we all have seen through that persons intentions and as far as I know nobody is aligned with this person even though she is still a part
of the tvt forum. About a year and half ago this person got real personal making accusations against me that everyone else saw right through.
I have since been informed by the former good friend with inside knowledge that yes it was her. When it goes as far as that case did then
it takes all the fun away from these outlets. This person needs some help, but stays just out of sight enough that I haven't seeked retribution against her.
I have not seen this person here and hope not to!
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:50 am

I think the biggest motivation for a person to troll is to get attention.
Back to top Go down
cage the elephant
Free Verse!

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:06 pm

I'm just thankful someone else here likes white beans...
I mean...It's kinda...Un American NOT to like white beans...
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:08 pm

to heck with hot dogs and apple pie.......it's white beans and cornbread!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:33 pm

I,m cool with ya Bluetick,Cage,Puff and all.I could not recall what any of my "getting into" with anyone was about.A good thing about getting old! Yep my cousin Junior got me hooked on the beans and taters.I have progressed to hot sause,green peppers,vinagar juice,potted meat and pork and beans! Man i love the south! What a Face What a Face What a Face
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:41 am

The glory of memory loss is that it makes it easy to forgive.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:33 am

I think we all get caught up in spitting wars from time to time.

I'm trying to quit. lol!
Back to top Go down
Firenze
Odist

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:28 am

I was kinda glad lmm and I disagreed on Sarah Palin. We hadn't disagreed since TKtheAG was in office. Cool
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:19 am

LOL, I forgot about good ole Troy. You and I had fun with that.

Sarah is OK, but I don't want her for Pres but all the attacks against her and her family is sick. I doubt anything in that book is documented but lies sell better than the truth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:53 am

JR has not forgot that Joy was nice to me at TD forums and that lmm was reasonable with him. :boo:
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:10 am

JR, I really don't even remember you posting there. I know most of the snot throws ended up in misc which I stayed out of.

If i said anything hateful, I apologize.
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:00 pm

It is a great feeling to know that at the end of the day we can get together and all realize that
we each are just a spoke in the wheel. Yes it does take being able to see each other's views
as just as important as our own.
I want to give my apology to everyone here and elsewhere if I have ever offended you by my posts.
Am ready to put any and all hatred remarks by all in the past and move on to the future.
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:47 pm

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:51 pm

Same here Gus,past is past.Life is to short to have grudges,anger,revenge and other stuff to junk up ones life! Eat,drink and be merry for tomorrow we may very well be dead!
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:46 am

Hear hear! toast
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Firenze
Odist

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:27 pm

JR, sorry if I was ever mean or hateful. That's said sincerely. Friends? Buddies? Pals? How many kittens may I send you?
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:49 pm

I like the new Jr. Hell, I liked the old one, even when we were fightin. You do have a good sense of humor, and you can take it well as dish it out. Rockon Thumbup Peace
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:41 pm

Careful JR, FV has tons of kittens.

Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty lol!
Back to top Go down
Firenze
Odist

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:57 am

It has not been a good week. Tuesday night I woke up early and went to Big Lots before I got ready for work. When I can back, I saw my little Tia lying there. I had backed into her...bumped her head I gather. She was almost tame and I was going to put an ad in the paper for her. I've never killed a cat before. Stepped on several, but they all survived.

Then I was so upset, I somehow locked my keys in my car. Missed work. Paid 35.00 to get my keys, Romans' is good tho.

Tia's mother Tamsie had more kittens either the Monday night or Tuesday morning a week before. I'm hoping they look as pretty. Tamsie's mother has left me with two, a boy and girl, I gather, but they are far from tame. Tamsie's brother Wilber has returned, so I have about five at least that I feed outside. Ah, yes, I've become Autumn's twin crazy cat lady (that's on one of her profiles--not an insult).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A recovering troll   

Back to top Go down

A recovering troll
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next