for the women

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: for the women   Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:44 am

In case you've seen the "Genie" bra advertised on TV and wondered about it;

I was curious if it would do what it claims, but no way was i going to shell out the advertised price of 60.00+ tax and S&H for 6 of them. I went to ebay and bought just one 15.00 w/free S&H. It arrived yesterday, and i'm not all that impressed. I'm a 36 B/C and what they advertise as "support" is, on me, being flattened out like a sport/minimizer bra.....which is how i'll probably wind up using this one. It will also be a good knock around the house bra, but the silhouette under a knit top or sweater isn't flattering (IMO)
So, unless you are really huge and want the compression as a minimizing effect ( where part of your boobs wind up under your arms...lol) , or flat chested and have little to compress, you may not be happy with it.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: for the women   Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:09 am

You mean boobs are not supposed to be in your arm pits???? Razz

I'm barely a "B", anything works for me. Sports bras make me look like a guy since they squash everything flat.

Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: for the women   Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:13 am

According to the Genie people they are.

This thing definitely flattens you. I had breast reduction done in 2001, and had to wear a (hard to find) compression bra for two weeks afterwards. The Genie would have been perfect for that.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: for the women   Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:20 am

Can it stop a speeding bullet? Maybe we have a replacement for Kevlar!
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: for the women   Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:24 am

I absolutely despise bra shopping. I'd love to meet the woman they make bras for...maybe she's an alien woman from the planet Ork...but it's definitely not me. For one thing, I measure an odd number & bras come in even numbers. I need five minutes alone with the genius who decided to leave out us odd numbered people. I've been putting off bra shopping, but really need new ones.

I also don't have a sports bra. I tried some on in Target & hated them all. I know, what did I expect? Any ideas on the best place to shop for sports bras? Sporting goods store maybe?

Thanks for the heads up, Puf, and the opportunity to rant...haha.
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: for the women   Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:54 am

There is no such thing as a comfortable sports bra. It's either going to smash you flat, cause you arm pits to bulge or have you looking like a hooker with everything pushed into the middle.

What few I have came from Walmart, ultra cheap. They are useless for grass cutting and trail walking.
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: for the women   Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:29 am

Joy wrote:
I absolutely despise bra shopping. I'd love to meet the woman they make bras for...maybe she's an alien woman from the planet Ork...but it's definitely not me. For one thing, I measure an odd number & bras come in even numbers. I need five minutes alone with the genius who decided to leave out us odd numbered people. I've been putting off bra shopping, but really need new ones.

I also don't have a sports bra. I tried some on in Target & hated them all. I know, what did I expect? Any ideas on the best place to shop for sports bras? Sporting goods store maybe?

Thanks for the heads up, Puf, and the opportunity to rant...haha.

The only time i ever enjoyed bra shopping was after my surgery when, instead of buying industrial strength D/DD, i was able to buy bras that were silky, lacy, and pretty.
Two major complaints about bras..... finding one i like, and it having the strap adjustments in the back Mad or a bra that doesn't have enough underarm coverage./support.

Sports bras--- main criteria for me is one that stays put when i'm lifting weights or on the weight machines. I wear the Hanes softcup bra. Soft, stretchy (but not too) triangular cups, no padding, and less than 10.00.
Back to top Go down
cage the elephant
Free Verse!

PostSubject: Re: for the women   Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Somehow, I just can't get into this conversation...
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: for the women   Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:16 pm

You probably could have if i'd not deleted part of my last message....lol.
after rereading it, i decided it was just a little bit TMI Embarassed Giggle
Back to top Go down
peterbilt
Limerick Lover

PostSubject: Re: for the women   Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:37 pm

Puf wrote:
You probably could have if i'd not deleted part of my last message....lol.
after rereading it, i decided it was just a little bit TMI Embarassed Giggle

I saw it, I thought you were trying to pick some body up, hahaha! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: for the women   Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:28 pm

I've never picked up anyone, and have no idea how it's done.
For future reference, would posting about a bra mishap at the gym work? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dino
Sonneteer

PostSubject: Re: for the women   Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:41 pm

Got something in common with Janet Jackson? A wardrobe malfunction? lol, just kidding. Not the place you want to have one. I had strap break at work once and one side hanging while the other was listing, lol....
Back to top Go down
http://dinosdeliberations.blogspot.com
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: for the women   Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:12 pm

i wore a new front hook bra to the gym and it couldn't take the strain of my doing butterfly presses. i took it off while sitting there, and continued.....i am a brazen hussy......lol.

a strap breaking.....there is a miniature sewing kit (dollar tree) in the console of my car because of that happening to me.
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: for the women   Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:12 am

cage the elephant wrote:
Somehow, I just can't get into this conversation...

I didn't realize you are a woman?
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: for the women   Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:33 am

Giggle , gus & the rest of you nuts. Very Happy

I went bra shopping...came home empty handed, no surprise there. Evil or Very Mad I can't find anything for me on the internet either.

I was talking to a friend. She has the opposite problem that I do...not the odd band size but finding the right cup size in her band size. She is bigger around & apparently the bra industry has decided her cup size must be at least DD when it's actually B.

Not only can I not find an odd band size, if I go one band size lower & add an extender, the right cup size is not available...very aggravating...last bras I bought took me forever to find & even then, the cup is not made for my band width. It's bearable, but not right.

Basically, there is a whole segment of the female population having to settle for bras in the wrong size. I swear, if I had the money and expertise, I'd start a bra company today.

I'll keep digging around on the internet I guess.
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: for the women   Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:30 am

Joy, a major problem with bra shopping is there being no consistency to sizing. It not only varies from brand to brand, but also style to style within the same brand Mad
Now that i'm a size 6, shopping is much easier, but i used to have to buy as close to what fit as possible, then do some customizing once i got home (thank goodness for sewing skills!)
Bali was the closest i got to a store bought fit, but the cups were so far apart i looked like plastic surgery gone wrong. I always had to put a seam in the front to bring the cups closer together. That also made the band size smaller. If i bought the smaller band size to begin with, the cups would still be too far apart.

Commercials make it look so easy, right? I read an expose article several months ago that said the bras models wear in the commercials are customized for each woman. And in catalogs you only see the fronts, but in the back the bras are pinned and adjusted to fit each model.
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: for the women   Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:42 am

Sorry scoundrels! rolling pin rolling pin rolling pin rolling pin Why am I not surprised? Unfortunately, I don't sew. but I can see how I could hand sew to fix it...worth a shot.

Oddly enough though, both my kids are currently learning to sew...it's like some sort of craze with this generation right now, a good one. The daughter is sick of not being able to find cute stuff for her son (girl stuff everywhere). My mom gave her a sewing machine & she's getting lessons periodically from my MIL and a friend of my daughter's. The son, his guy friend & the guy friend's girlfriend are sewing & selling their wares online and about to set up booths at various events, one next weekend (can't remember where). Who'd a thunk it? dunno

So let's hope the daughter perfects her skills soon. I'm pretty sure my son would not like to be in charge of altering my bras...hahaha...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: for the women   

Back to top Go down

for the women
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1