A Southern Point of View

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

auto repair referral needed and grass, lol - no, Ky blue needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dino
Sonneteer

PostSubject: auto repair referral needed and grass, lol - no, Ky blue needed   Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:08 am

OK, the bracket holding my sway bar has broken. Had front end alignment and wheels balanced and rotated a couple of weeks ago after hitting a curb hard and blowing out a Michelin. Had that work done where Terry Bacon's shop was on S Wood but he's not there now. Hard to justify them not noticing that broken bracket but I've been driving with a clunking noise every time I went around a curve or parked. Was afraid my ball joints were bad as it is common with my type suv. Can anyone recommend a good front end place to have this done? Also, DH wants 3 lbs of KY bluegrass seeds to oversow for winter. No luck at co op. Know of a local or near by source? TIA
Back to top Go down
http://dinosdeliberations.blogspot.com
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: auto repair referral needed and grass, lol - no, Ky blue needed   Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:39 am

James Ford now owns Bacon alignment.........he does good work.......he helped me when I was rebuilding the 'stang........

Then there is Geoff in Petersville.......across from Tires Plus he does good work too.

Lowe's had Kentucky Bluegrass........
Back to top Go down
OB's Corner
Odist

PostSubject: Re: auto repair referral needed and grass, lol - no, Ky blue needed   Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:45 am

Dino wrote:
OK, the bracket holding my sway bar has broken. Had front end alignment and wheels balanced and rotated a couple of weeks ago after hitting a curb hard and blowing out a Michelin. Had that work done where Terry Bacon's shop was on S Wood but he's not there now. Hard to justify them not noticing that broken bracket but I've been driving with a clunking noise every time I went around a curve or parked. Was afraid my ball joints were bad as it is common with my type suv. Can anyone recommend a good front end place to have this done? Also, DH wants 3 lbs of KY bluegrass seeds to oversow for winter. No luck at co op. Know of a local or near by source? TIA
Peck Ace Hardware in N. Florence sells it by the pound. Or used to. Their number is 256.764.3282
Back to top Go down
http://obscorner.blogspot.com/
Dino
Sonneteer

PostSubject: Re: auto repair referral needed and grass, lol - no, Ky blue needed   Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:37 am

Thanks guys! Bought the part at Advanced A P and had it put on at Sheaffers Express Oil. $20 some odd for the bracket and $25 labor. Came out on that ok I think, although I locked myself out of the suv at a stop between the parts house and repair. Roman's lock called once again. Glad I have the carrier on my State Farm policy that reimburses me for lock outs. Happens 2-3 times a year no matter how many keys I have made. The magnetic key holders that can placed under the car? Can't get to it and most newer cars have so much plastic/fiberglass around the bottom of the chassis they won't stick anyway. Found the bluegrass. He overseeded today. Appreciate your help! Clap
Back to top Go down
judgemental
Limerick Lover

PostSubject: Re: auto repair referral needed and grass, lol - no, Ky blue needed   Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:24 am

Pretty positive Terry Bacon is now with Bevis Alignment in MSC.
Hope you all have a great day.
Back to top Go down
Firenze
Odist

PostSubject: Re: auto repair referral needed and grass, lol - no, Ky blue needed   Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:57 am

While I'm not sure they could have helped you, for most repairs I use Auto Electric. I've used Wilks' Tire for reg. tire maintenance, if that's the word, and they're pretty fast if not the cheapest.
Back to top Go down
http://pen-n-sword.com/
peterbilt
Limerick Lover

PostSubject: Re: auto repair referral needed and grass, lol - no, Ky blue needed   Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:15 pm

Firenze wrote:
While I'm not sure they could have helped you, for most repairs I use Auto Electric. I've used Wilks' Tire for reg. tire maintenance, if that's the word, and they're pretty fast if not the cheapest.
I wouldnt use Auto Electric if you dont want to pay some body else to fix it again.
Back to top Go down
Dino
Sonneteer

PostSubject: Re: auto repair referral needed and grass, lol - no, Ky blue needed   Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:42 pm

Terry Bacon always gave good service and was dependable. We used Bacon's for 30 yrs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: auto repair referral needed and grass, lol - no, Ky blue needed   

Back to top Go down

auto repair referral needed and grass, lol - no, Ky blue needed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1