Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:48 am

Just a warning to everyone. Our favorite "Kitten Fairy" is out and about leaving presents. I know Firenze is going to deny it, but I am quite sure she left me these.............

So now that the daughter and son have "named" them........I'm assuming they are no longer just "weekend guests" doh
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:16 am

Cute. The black one has that look of: Well, you going to serve me or what?
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:27 am

HAHA...love it!

You're right, lmm...the black one is tired of waiting & has a little something in store if you don't comply soon...resistance is futile. The striped one is just thankful for sunshine, a pleasant sort...for now. Kitty
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:37 pm

Geez........come on.......the Black one is Storm and the Gray one is Felix..........Ya'll are failing at reading my mind this morning......Work on that....Okay?

lol! Crackingup lol!
Back to top Go down
Dino
Sonneteer

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:44 pm

You are now employed as their staff.
Back to top Go down
http://dinosdeliberations.blogspot.com
Firenze
Odist

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:47 pm

I know nothing... I deny everything...

I also have several strays in need of a home if anyone is interested. Oh, and some kittens too!
Back to top Go down
http://pen-n-sword.com/
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:38 pm

Yeah right...........I believvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve you Giggle

FWIW, they are well fed, warm and........((gasp)))((Choke))) (((puke))).........well loved Whistle

Remember, I am a dog person......as I sit here listening to some very content purring coming from the regions of my lap..............
Back to top Go down
Firenze
Odist

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:40 am

Dog people are dog people only because they've never had a cat. (Sorry, blue)
Back to top Go down
http://pen-n-sword.com/
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:38 am

True, Firenze. Cats see your dislike as a personal challenge...they will charm you right into being a cat lover.
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:21 pm

No problem Fire. I love cats too, much to the dismay of my dog, who doesn't share the same sentiments.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:33 pm

I used to have a wonderful dog who was part Australian cattle dog, part Australian Shepard, and part Golden. That poor dog saw all cats, children, and other dogs as herdable, and although it was great to be able to send him after the neighborhood kids in my back yard, my cats weren't amused. Apparently that old saying about how hard it is to "herd cats" is based on fact. My poor friend ended up in the middle of him (about 60 pounds) trying to herd two cats who didn't want to be herded. I ended up paying for her antibiotics after she decided to "rescue the poor cats" by grabbing them both up away from the dog at the same time. The cats were even less amused by her efforts than the dog's herding and they bit the snot out of her hand. Never step between two women fighting or stop cats from running away from a big dog affraid

Poor dog didn't want to hurt them...he just wanted them to go where he thought was best for them. You can imagine their reaction to that idea Giggle

Oh, and he had never a cow before in his life until he rode in a UHaul from CA to AL with me, and whenever we would pass a herd of cows in a corral near the road he would freak out and lunge at the window barking. I wish I had a video of that...it was hilarious. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:19 am

Crackingup

I love it, Sync! Poor little fellow was determined to be himself if it killed him.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:35 am

Yes, seems he just couldn't help himself. Best dog I ever was privileged to know doggiesmile
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:45 am

Nice story Synch.

Some animals are just more special than others.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:22 am

I just realized something. I have lost many people/animal friends in my life, but the animals hold a different place in my heart and I think about them more than the people I have lost. Not saying the people weren't important of course or that I don't miss them, but the animals (not just my pets) were just who they were and there were no complicated layers of stuff...hmmm. Guess that sounds antisocial, but I don't mean it that way. It's as if the animals' energy is just so honest and the bond is simpler and on a different level, and I have met so many lovely animals along the way out in nature as well as in my home.

That sounds weird I guess, but it just hit me I still miss my first dog...that was maybe 45 years ago...wow. Did that make any sense or am I nuts? Or should I have asked that question knowing what the answer most likely is? affraid

I like that affraid smiley for some reason...the eyes make me imitate it for fun. I really am odd Giggle
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:39 am

Makes perfect sense to me.........but then again.......I'm weird........ Giggle

My first dog was a Collie. She and I were playing in the yard and I pulled her tail.....Sooooooo, she turned around and snapped at me........She got me right below the eye and I still have the scar to this day.........but it was my fault not hers............My dad wouldn't hear it and she had to go.......Still think about her and that was 42 years ago...........

My last dog was "Chester" a Golden Retriever. When he died I said I couldn't do it again. The kiddies have a Cocker Spaniel, but I don't think I can go through it again.............

Hug
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:14 pm

My first dog was a beagle, he must have found a girlfriend and ran away or something, at least that is what I remember being told.
I had a white poodle not much long after that who I had the misery of watching him get run over by a car speeding along, that was devastating
but I was young. I have been through so many dogs there is no way I could remember them all, a few I unfortunately run over myself and killed.
There has been a few that I had to take down myself for health reasons.
Like ubu, I have said it before that I will never put myself through having another dog, but I recon I will always have at least one dog. Right now
I have three large dogs, one Lab mix, one hound mix and one Great Pyrenees mix. I will never pay for a dog breed, nor will I ever drop a dog off
die on his own. I would like to say that I have never taken one to the pound, but where I live there is a continuous supply of dogs getting dropped off
and something has to be done. Two of the above dogs have been allowed to stay around after being dropped off on us. I cannot afford any more
dogs at this time. If I ever do need a dog I will certainly give the shelter a visit!
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:18 pm

You're not odd or wierd, or nuts. You are a dog lover. I can relate to everything you said. I kind of thought there was something wrong with me because I seem to have more compassion for animals than I do for people at times. Glad to see I'm not alone. Sync, I am glad you've joined our little family.
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:27 pm

Oh yeaah, I forgot this.... doggiekiss doggiekiss doggiekiss
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:25 pm

I forgot to do that to you all this morning doggiekiss

For me that feeling extends to all creatures...even ones most people don't like. Well, I haven't been able to gather compassion for cockroaches, but otherwise they all pretty much do that to me. I remember posting a picture of this http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/pc/purplefrog.html on a forum as my avatar and no one thought he was cute as I did. But then, I guess I spent all those years in science classes seeing all kinds of things most people would think were odd or gross...perhaps that dexplains a lot puf
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:45 pm

My first dog ( i was 6) was a mutt named Shadow. My sister, brother, and i loved that dog. I don't remember where he came from, but i do remember what happened to him, and it still makes me sick, and breaks my heart. My parents told us he ran away, which was upsetting, but not nearly as upsetting as a few weeks later overhearing my parents tell the next door neighbors that ...... time out Sad Sad ..... some neighbor boys had taped Shadow's mouth shut and put a firecracker in his mouth. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
The day we were told he ran away i recall a cop friend of my dad's coming to the house and them going out to the garage for awhile, and us kids not being allowed to play in the garage that day. That house and old garage are still standing on Veteran's dr. and i think of Shadow every time i drive by.

It was a long while before we "oficially" got another dog, but my Mom refused to let any animal go hungry so we wound up with a constant stream of dogs (and cats, a few turtles, one chicken, and a skunk) that adopted us. As an adult, all my dogs have been shelter dogs, except for Dolly the Pug. She was a 12 week old housewarming gift when i bought my house 8 years ago. If there's ever another pet in my life, it will be a shelter pet.
And, like my mom, i also feed strays. I even have an owl that shows up several times a month, and i recently discovered he likes pretzels. His name is Malcolm.
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:51 pm

Synchronicity wrote:
...perhaps that dexplains a lot puf

LOL@ the emoticon......you might not know this but Puf stands for PuckerUpFrog....my original screen name. A friend (Deep Fat) shortened it to Puf years ago.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:08 pm

Ohh, now I see why that one is named for you. I'm kind of partial to frogs, so that smiley made good sense to me anyway. It is just plain cute Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:10 pm

This makes me realize I need an avatar...hmmm...I shall have to find a suitable one cyclops
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:21 pm

I'm more partial to turtles than frogs, but PuckerUpTurtle didn't sound right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....   

Back to top Go down

Everybody Keep a Close Eye Out.....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next