Share | 

Build the hospital already!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Build the hospital already!   Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:52 am

http://www.timesdaily.com/stories/Downtown-merchants-voice-concerns-about-possible-site-of-new-hospital,183390

Quote :
Joe Roach, chief executive officer of Eliza Coffee Memorial Hospital in Florence, spoke during a meeting of Downtown Florence Unlimited on Wednesday morning. He was asked repeatedly where the new 300-bed hospital will be built, and he answered with logistical and technical issues that fell short of a direct answer.

No direct answer? Why, I'll declare, what a shocker.

Am I the only person sick of these folks inability to make a decision? Somebody grow a pair, make a dang decision and build the thing.

Dwarf

Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Build the hospital already!   Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:12 pm

LOL, there is more to it than that........take a look around and you will notice that there are not many individual tracts of land large enough within the (huhhhhhhhh) "identified area of interest". Of those, most are unsuitable for the construction of the hospital.

Ergo, it will take several adjacent tracts of land (purchased form many different owners) to comprise a site large enough to construct the hospital.

Ergo again (I like using that-can't you tell) If the word gets out that THIS is the site, then the price for the property will (ASTONSHINGLY) skyrocket, with each subsequent seller asking for more. Knowing that they have the hospital by the.........well you get the picture.

For the record, I have no inside information whatsoever, however rumor has it that a "possible" site has been identified. And NO, I do not know where...........

Back to the synopsis............We have lost several major deals because of the above actions. The Wal Mart distrubution center being one. I can give you several examples, but one that quickly jumps to mind concerned a major Project that was on the table many, many moons ago. Once the word got out.......a tract of land that was being advertised for sale at $50,000.00 jumped to $250,000.00 overnight............The project did not occur and the company went elsewhere.

And consider these points, if Colbert County is selected it has been reported that RHC will have to pay the Healthcare Authority roughly 40 million..........A CON will have to be applied for, and......Do you think Keller will sit idly by, or for that matter the Healthcare Authority, and allow them to apply for a CON without protest?

Remember, things are not always as they appear to be Whistle
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Build the hospital already!   Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:15 pm

Yeah, but that has been the case for how long now? I still say it comes down to moving forward. It makes me think of committees at church that talk about it and talk about it, but don't do anything. That stuff drives me crazy. I sure hope they are not trying to please everybody because that never works. I understand wanting to get the best deal possible in the best location, but a pretty good deal is better than no deal, which is where they've been sitting for way too long.
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Dino
Sonneteer

PostSubject: Re: Build the hospital already!   Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:27 pm

Site issue acknowledged from the beginning. St. Florian's newly extended town limits comes to mind. Wonder how many acres comprise Nolan England's junk yard? Gee, two birds with one stone there! UBU you probably know roughly/exactly how many acres are there. The old armory site comes to mind. Lots of unsightly RE around that. The East Florence location once considered for Tim's scrap yard? Hard to visualize that many acres for the rest of us Ubu.
The Four Mile Creek area probably adjoins Englands on the NE back 40, that could probably stretch over toward the Newbern homeplace. Seems like there's a bit of land on Old Huntsville Rd. out past the Darby's. Road access to all these is feasible. Try to remember the length of the county - Rogersville, Lexington, Anderson, Waterloo all need to be within 30 min of a hospital. Cox Creek beyond Cross Point Church and the Dr. offices already in place. Farmland at the end of Cox Creek as it T's at Hwy 20 and also on both sides of the Cox Creek approaching 20. Not centered but neither is ECM which is close to these sites.
Roach has been blowing wind since day one. I likened him to Sam Pendleton - likes to see his picture in the paper and the pot stirred. He could and maybe should be replaced by his employers for his shenanigans. Doesn't someone locally have a patent and distribution on Roach Proof? LOL....Never meant for the facility to be anywhere but LCA. Think what he's spent on full page ads. I wouldn't want his type spending my corporate money so freely.
Time will tell. Set your clocks, lol......... Basketball .
Back to top Go down
http://dinosdeliberations.blogspot.com
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Build the hospital already!   Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:48 am

Roach and his company is far away from here and is looking at this area as a whole. They do not
see these two county's as separate.
One side of the river is as close as the other to me close to the new bridge. A thought that comes to my mind is
to consider taking out Cherry hill homes and along with the surrounding un used property would be a great location
with plenty of property and have direct access to the new road/bridge.
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Build the hospital already!   Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:17 am

England site is only about 30 acres. Disallowing the environmental concerns, you still have to deal with a lot of land owners to put it together.........Although, I like your thinking. Sidebar........I know it is an unslightly area and I would LOVE to see it cleaned up, but most people forget that it was there before the highway was. Sorry, I have heard too many comments about him trashing a gateway to Florence........LOL

Joy.....November 11th will be one year since RHC took possession.........not that long for a $500 Million Dollar project. RSA which was ONLY (ahem) a 100 million dollar deal took over two years to work out.............I do know this much for sure, they are not sitting idly by. I know there is a team "out and about" working on this. I'm not sure about this, but I think I read that they have 5 years to identify a site.......Again, I am not positive about that........

Gus, I agree with just about everything you say. I usually go to Shoals Hospital anyway...........but take Cherry Hill homes out the equation. I just can't see the Housing Authority giving that up.........They just spent a bucket load of money there...........would have to deal with the EDA on that....never a fun thing........

Dino, I think you can take the Cox Creek Parkway property out of the equation. Although, if I had my druthers, that is were it would go!!!!!!!!!! BTW, what Doctor's Office????? Are you referring to the building West of Cross Point? Not Doctor's offices per se (Hospice of the Shoals)............or are you referring to the Family Practice across from Glendale Subdivison on Savannah Highway........

LOL, if they would just listen to us.....we could settle this quick!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Build the hospital already!   Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 am

Sez Dino "UBU you probably know roughly/exactly how many acres are there"

Why in the world would you say something like that Whistle Whistle

Giggle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Build the hospital already!   

Back to top Go down

Build the hospital already!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1