View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: New TVT Thread   Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:00 am

Joy wrote:
frog, I too appreciate you at TVT. You are one of the few people I know (on or offline) who I can describe as fair-minded, non-judgmental and possessing the ability to see and understand a viewpoint which is opposed to your own.

Now we'll just need somebody to keep your head from swelling with all these compliments...haha...no, seriously, I appreciate your completely sane mind in the insanity which sometimes threatens to drown TVT.

Thanks! Guess it's the Pisces in me or something..I can't seem to help it even when I'm trying really hard to be pissed. Rolling Eyes But my tongue was seriously getting bitten through, so I figured it was time to stop posting there :clown: Thanks for your kind words. When I saw who was over here I was all bounce since you guys were the cool kids who weren't beating people up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: New TVT Thread   Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:54 am

Synchronicity wrote:
lmm wrote:
In that case, welcome again. You were my favorite over there of the new group. It does get a bit wacky at times and unfortunately, some people keep crawling back in like zombies.

Glad you are here. My daughter loves to do magic crystals and herbs. I guess she would be New Age Wiccan leaning. Got a big heart and loves nature.
flower

Do you mean she uses the crystals energetically or some other way? Cool however...and herbs too! That and nature...sounds like my kind or person!!!

Thanks for the welcome and kind words bounce

I think that is what she does. I know she knows all about colors and properties. She loves going into Romancing The Stone. She saw something in thee that wards offs evil spirits? Looked like a little bundle of straw to me. I'll ask her what it was. She also sees auras around things. Of course, most people think she is just nuts, like her mom. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: New TVT Thread   Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am

Sez The Assassin: " like her mom"

Sez Me: uhhhhhhhh nothing.........I ain't touching it..........but If I were......I would say something like "ain't nobody that nuts".......but I didn't and so I won't........

Crackingup
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: New TVT Thread   Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:09 am

Now UBU, you don't want to upset 'mom', do you?

Dwarf Dwarf Dwarf Dwarf Dwarf Dwarf Dwarf Dwarf Dwarf Dwarf Dwarf

I come from a long line of crazy people. If I was sane, I couldn't have handled the world. lol!
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: New TVT Thread   Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:23 am

That's why I didn't "touch it" ((wink wink))

Giggle
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: New TVT Thread   Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:27 am

lmm wrote:
Synchronicity wrote:
lmm wrote:
In that case, welcome again. You were my favorite over there of the new group. It does get a bit wacky at times and unfortunately, some people keep crawling back in like zombies.

Glad you are here. My daughter loves to do magic crystals and herbs. I guess she would be New Age Wiccan leaning. Got a big heart and loves nature.
flower

Do you mean she uses the crystals energetically or some other way? Cool however...and herbs too! That and nature...sounds like my kind or person!!!

Thanks for the welcome and kind words bounce

I think that is what she does. I know she knows all about colors and properties. She loves going into Romancing The Stone. She saw something in thee that wards offs evil spirits? Looked like a little bundle of straw to me. I'll ask her what it was. She also sees auras around things. Of course, most people think she is just nuts, like her mom. Razz

That is a gift if she sees auras, actually. I mean it sounds woo-woo, but we all have energy fields around us...everything does. It's too bad quacks and sensationalists have made the whole discussion of energy into something it isn't. Yes, I like Romancing the Stone too. If she meant sage for smudging it would be a standard for cleansing a place of nasty energy (not necessarily evil spirits, but I suppose one could call it that...more like anything negative as if people had a big fight or someone mean or unhealthy had been there)...wouldn't matter if I wanted to use it anyway since we have allergies in this house. We would all have allergy fits if we burned anything...lol.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: New TVT Thread   Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:35 am

Ubu wrote:
Sez The Assassin: " like her mom"

Sez Me: uhhhhhhhh nothing.........I ain't touching it..........but If I were......I would say something like "ain't nobody that nuts".......but I didn't and so I won't........

Crackingup

I used to think a lot of things were crazy that I don't now...but then there are a lot of things that seemed reasonable that don't now, too. It's all in the experience and perspective, right? To a shaman in a tribe somewhere we seem crazy for taking pills and having tests on fancy machines that irradiate us, when he has a totally different approach that often works as well without the expensive or radiation.I would say whatever a person is comfortable with and that works for him/her is cool as long as no one gets hurt and you don't try to make others do it your way bounce
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: New TVT Thread   Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:13 am

"I would say whatever a person is comfortable with and that works for him/her is cool as long as no one gets hurt and you don't try to make others do it your way"

Thumbup Clap Thumbup
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: New TVT Thread   Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:27 am

Ubu wrote:
"I would say whatever a person is comfortable with and that works for him/her is cool as long as no one gets hurt and you don't try to make others do it your way"

Thumbup Clap Thumbup

I agree, good point Synch.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: New TVT Thread   Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:31 am

Just a FWIW,
They banned hubby's account too. I thought he couldn't get in because of an IP ban, but his screen-name has been banned as well. Now that took some doing on there part. So much for having any nice discussions. It still ticks me off that I have seen worse language and attacks from others and they are still there. ARRRGGGGG, Big Brother!

Well, what few of you that are left will have to go and eradicate the ignorance from there. Of course, if you do that, there will be no forum. Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle

Shotgun
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: New TVT Thread   Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:05 pm

The only way there would be a difference is if all members went there without the agenda of convincing everyone believe as they did or insulting everyone who doesn't meet certain biased standards. The obnoxious members don't get banned or reprimanded from what I have seen, so the ones who aren't just leave. The religion forum is the result of that style of moderating a forum. Sad, but there it is. Sad
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: New TVT Thread   Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:38 am

I agree, Synch. No moderation turned that place into what it is now. It's a shame, too, because it could serve as a valuable source of info for newcomers to our area. With it being a branch of the local newspaper, it could also be a place to discuss local issues as well as world issues. It would thereby be a great source for area leaders to hear the people they serve.
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: New TVT Thread   Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:11 am

I remember I used to be able to just comment on a story, but then I started getting redirected to the forums when I really didn't need to see a whole message board. I'm not sure if they changed software or what happened, but it was not really a place to just comment on an article any more.

Yes, it could be a nice place to do as you said, but adding forums related to the newspaper, political and religion forums, and then having little to no moderation and banning people with no warning on a whim (the criteria are a bit vague to me since some can be nasty and some can't) just creates a hostile atmosphere in my opinion.

I would say there are many who lurk but won't post because they know they will be ridiculed or insulted, and I bet many leave after a short period of time. But here we are and we have pretty fall leaves to enjoy, so all is good cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New TVT Thread   

Back to top Go down

New TVT Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2