Alabamian

A Southern Point of View

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

In a pinch to take off pounds by summer? Experts tell you how...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: In a pinch to take off pounds by summer? Experts tell you how...   Mon May 23, 2011 8:03 am

Link: In a pinch to take off pounds by summer? Experts tell you how

Why, yes I am...I'm printing this one and going over it once a day...I'm going to be healthy if it kills me! Razz

A few ideas from the article that appealed to me...

Quote :
•Satisfy your sweet tooth with tasty trade-offs. Choose individual servings of desserts such as dark chocolate-covered frozen bananas or try dessert-flavored tea such as English toffee.

•Distract yourself while exercising. Work out while watching TV show or a movie or listening to music. And social people should walk or work out with a buddy.

•Free up 30 to 60 minutes a day to exercise. "I have heard every excuse on the planet — except a good one," he says.

Thank you, Brother...just give it to me straight.

Quote :
•Organize your eating into three meals and one or two snacks per day. And when you find yourself eating outside those times, look at the possibility of that eating being emotional in nature. Write in your journal what might be the source of the emotion causing you to eat.

•Write down ways you could treat yourself that don't involve food as well as ways that you could improve your life.

A Journal? I had not considered that, but see how it would help you to take an honest look at your eating habits.

Quote :
•Eat a high-protein breakfast such as Greek yogurt, egg whites or cottage cheese. It helps you avoid hunger and cravings later in the day.

•Eat as many raw or cooked vegetables as you can. At meals and between meals, it will help fill you up, if you eat them first.

•Try to drink water, unsweetened tea, green tea or plain or flavored seltzer before each meal.

•Eat from appetizer-size plates. Research shows that small plates make food seem larger and may help you eat less.

•Eat slowly. That allows fullness signals more time to reach your brain. Eating the lowest calorie foods first, such as vegetables, will have the same effect.
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: In a pinch to take off pounds by summer? Experts tell you how...   Mon May 23, 2011 12:49 pm

It all sounds great. I did the journal thing one time. Lasted about a week until I got so disgusted I stopped. Twisted Evil

You really don't want to know every time you ate a cookie or a Hershey kiss or chewed gum or finished off the kids plate. Giggle Wink
Back to top Go down

In a pinch to take off pounds by summer? Experts tell you how...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1