Share | 

Unbearable Lightness of Being

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Unbearable Lightness of Being   Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:56 pm

I can't remember where that phrase came from, but I do feel that way sometimes....an unbearable lightness of being. Just a couple of recent times...

I walked outside yesterday to see a huge kettle of turkey vultures (at least 40..no joke) circling right over me, and I watched the sun glinting on the white undersides of their wings as they rode the thermal over my head. They did this for 20 minutes right over me (and no, I wasn't thinking they were trying to tell me something..lol) and although my neck hurt from looking straight up, I was just overcome with that unbearable lightness of being!

I was coming home this afternoon from the mall right when the sun was brilliant and half blinding me. I was thinking how annoying it was to have it right in my face most of the way home when it went behind a few trees and ohhh...the trees light up as if they were all on fire! They line my street and there were all these brilliant colors! I had to take off my sunglasses and pull over a moment to catch my breath, and I felt that unbearable lightness of being again. It's the feeling that you are right where you are meant to be doing exactly what you were meant to be doing...lightness, contentment, joy, awe, wonder, peace....

I admit many things give me this feeling these days, but what gives you that feeling? I love to read these things when there is so much misery in the world and we start missing the wonderful things...the little moments that just Very Happy and we all have them. What gives you that feeling?
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Unbearable Lightness of Being   Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:15 pm

Rolled into town last night at 3:00 A. M.

The Moon was a wonder to behold. Just a few wisps of clouds created a shroud and enhancing the effect. Shining straight down the road as we traveled the last mile...........

Took a minute to walk out to the pasture and check on the animals. Seeing them playing in the moonlight............
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Unbearable Lightness of Being   Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:14 pm

Oh, moonlight is beautiful!!! That does sound like a wonderful experience Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Unbearable Lightness of Being   Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:31 am

Well, this morning and most mornings, it is the view from where I sit at my desk enjoying my first cup of coffee...large window showing off sunshine and fall trees outside. I wouldn't call that unbearable though...haha.

The biggest ones were 'first' views of anything breathtaking, like the mountains or the ocean, but also anything in nature that like your experiences, is a beautiful surprise. Sometimes it's as simple as the wind at just the right temperature whipping your hair, raising your head to let the warmth of the sun seep into you and feeling inclined to stop and enjoy the moment. Then other times it's as huge as the whole sky painted in a way no human artist could ever duplicate.

I'm usually overwhelmed with thankfulness and awe at times like that and feel very close to God. I remember looking at the ocean the first time and saying "God, look what you did! Look at that! Do you see that?". HA!

I get this from animals as well...the first time I saw my cat leap from the front porch and take down a bird in flight...graceful, strong, deadly...I was pretty awestruck. I love watching big cats for that reason, but all animals have their 'show off' moments that leave you with your mouth hanging open...haha...and most have adorable moments as well, when grown burly men say "awwwww". Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Unbearable Lightness of Being   Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:56 am

Ahhh, that is so true!!! Animals are just so amazing! I do love that feeling of contentment with a hot cup of tea and the pretty leaves outside. There is so much to be thankful for Smile
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Unbearable Lightness of Being   Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:35 am

Lightness of Being is wonderful, and (for me) it's never consistently felt the same way......sometimes it's from the outside in; i.e. in when i'm visually admiring nature. And sometimes it's from the inside out..... when i feel my spirit in tune with my feelings and/or surroundings.

And i am a Moon person ! known to take moon baths on my deck in nice weather because the moon light feels so good to the skin Smile
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Unbearable Lightness of Being   Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:44 am

Moonlight really does feel wonderful. It is a totally different feeling than sunlight (aside from the obvious heat and light), and that is a great idea. For me it is a primal feeling of being connected. Smile
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Unbearable Lightness of Being   Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:56 am

Same here! It's a connection. My parents named me correctly (Cynthia), and my constant piece of jewelry is a gold crescent moon.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Unbearable Lightness of Being   Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:59 am

Oh, how pretty that must be! I have a tree of life pendant I wear all the time. Yes
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Unbearable Lightness of Being   Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:00 am

I didn't think about from the inside out, Puf...that's true. Sometimes, joy bubbles up for no reason in particular or at least no reason I can think of...it's just there. However, sometimes it's caused by reflecting on what is good in your life...your family/friends, having all your basic needs met, being born in America, access to a gazillion different forms of entertainment, etc. There is a very wise verse in the Bible for both believer and non-believer that says "whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things". If I ever feel myself slipping somewhere I do not want to go, I do that, think on those things, fill my mind with good so that there is no room for bad. It works. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Unbearable Lightness of Being   Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:12 am

I get down sometimes and have to deal with a lot of stress, but my core of gratitude and compassion is always there for me, and those things stem from my religious beliefs. I'm very blessed to have what i DO have and i try to never take anything or anyone for granted.
That is from the inside out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Unbearable Lightness of Being   Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:25 pm

Yes, good point. I do this auto analysis in my head now..or maybe my heart. I ask myself if something bring negative or positive energy into my life and if this is who I want to do, and that helps me ground and not buy into things I would feel badly about them.

Nice verse, Joy. That makes a lot of sense Smile
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Unbearable Lightness of Being   Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:29 pm

Synchronicity wrote:
Yes, good point. I do this auto analysis in my head now..or maybe my heart. I ask myself if something bring negative or positive energy into my life and if this is who I want to do, and that helps me ground and not buy into things I would feel badly about them.

Nice verse, Joy. That makes a lot of sense Smile

that's who you want to do?? scratch
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Unbearable Lightness of Being   Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:40 pm

You'll have to overlook her this morning Puf.......all this "closet" talk from Joy is obviously having an effect on her..........

You know, a "subliminal message" thang..........

obviously, she meant to type "what" instead of "who"

then again...........Dr. Freud may want to talk to her also...........

Whistle
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Unbearable Lightness of Being   Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:40 pm

Oh my...sorry. I meant who I want to be. I was half asleep and had to go nap a bit. rofl
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Unbearable Lightness of Being   Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:56 pm

"upon vurther discussion vith the subvect, ve noticed that avfter her insertion of "vho" for the vord "vhat"........that the subvect vas overcome with the urge to retire to her bed..........Interesting! Very, Very Interesting........."

Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Unbearable Lightness of Being   Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:40 pm

Does retiring to my recliner to blow my nose count? Giggle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unbearable Lightness of Being   

Back to top Go down

Unbearable Lightness of Being
View previous topic View next topic Back to top