HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Jon Huntsman weighs GOP presidential bid

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Jon Huntsman weighs GOP presidential bid   Mon May 23, 2011 8:38 am

Link: Jon Huntsman weighs GOP presidential bid

Now this is more like it...dare I be hopeful? I'll have to look more into this fellow. Yes
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
cage the elephant
Free Verse!

PostSubject: Re: Jon Huntsman weighs GOP presidential bid   Tue May 24, 2011 1:31 pm

Joy wrote:
Link: Jon Huntsman weighs GOP presidential bid

Now this is more like it...dare I be hopeful? I'll have to look more into this fellow. Yes

Just got this info on an international forum I'm on. Been checking him out. I don't think you will see many serious contenders show their hand this early.
Back to top Go down
Skippy Delepepper
Haikuist

PostSubject: Re: Jon Huntsman weighs GOP presidential bid   Tue May 24, 2011 2:29 pm

He is not a true Republican.
He would be more comfortable on Obama's team.
I don't like him.

Skippy pirat
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Jon Huntsman weighs GOP presidential bid   Tue May 24, 2011 11:40 pm

Skippy Delepepper wrote:
He is not a true Republican.

Well, that might explain why I like him, Skip...haha...and welcome! Smile
Back to top Go down
Evil Genius
Sonneteer

PostSubject: Re: Jon Huntsman weighs GOP presidential bid   Wed May 25, 2011 8:54 am

We'll have to see what positions he has to take to try to win Iowa, which ruins Republican candidates. They have to deal with the far right wing there and sometimes it hurts them in the general election. You got to remember he's a Utah Mormon and he is very moderate for a Mormon, they are usually far right wing like Mo Brooks. His positions supporting gay civil union and his being an ambassador for Obama in China will probably hurt him in the Iowa Caucus. We'll see if he makes it through without flip flopping on more moderate issues.

Like Mo Brooks he supports turning Medicare over to vouchers with private insurance companies which the Congnressional Budget Office says will leave a significant number of 65 and over without insurance because of the cost. Look it up.
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Jon Huntsman weighs GOP presidential bid   Thu May 26, 2011 7:21 am

Should have known he couldn't be perfect...they never are. Suspect I still haven't heard a deal breaker. It's not likely that I will see eye to eye on spiritual matters with any candidate. I am more interested in his voting record and actions taken on various issues. What they say is a starting point, but what they've done is the truth of the matter, doncha know? Smile
Back to top Go down
Evil Genius
Sonneteer

PostSubject: Re: Jon Huntsman weighs GOP presidential bid   Thu May 26, 2011 2:02 pm

I could come more near voting for Giuliani than any of the other's running in the Republican party. He's more of an old style Republican.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Huntsman weighs GOP presidential bid   

Back to top Go down

Jon Huntsman weighs GOP presidential bid
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1