Alabamian

A Southern Point of View

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Thanksgiving - For what are you thankful?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving - For what are you thankful?   Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:07 am

Puf wrote:
Just the two of us, we're having spaghetti. It's one of B-man's favorites.

Yum. Spaghetti is a wonderful thing! If that is what the family likes then that is a great idea. Smile
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving - For what are you thankful?   Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:12 am

cage the elephant wrote:
Good Turkey Day to everyone!!! Hope yours starts better than mine.
Mrs Cage cannot find her large, 14 inch, cast iron skillet...with which she makes the cornbread for dressing.
Although it has not been spoken, I am sure she thinks I had something to do with it's disappearance.
The short quips...cabinets being shut louder than usual...and the looks she gives me when she thinks I'm not looking . I know the "signs".
Although I have had nothing to do with it being "gone", and am playing oblivious to the fact she can't find it, I am ready.
She knows she has no evidence, but will eventually ask me If I had it, I'll tell her at that point...that I used it to catch the oil in when I changed it in the van!
That should do for a laugh!

Life is good.

Hope ya'll have a great day with Family and Friends!

I would only do that if she doesn't have more cast iron pans to pick up if her mood darkens when you explain about the van. Giggle
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving - For what are you thankful?   Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:19 am

Puf, that is hilarious!!! The drumming rofl
Back to top Go down
Firenze
Odist

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving - For what are you thankful?   Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:45 pm

I would say Cage loves cornbread just about as much as I do...but I do love dressing!

I'm most thankful for my friends. Also thankful for my health, job, and education.

I'm very thankful for the kittehs and am always happy to share my wealth.

Oh, also happy I didn't get tazed at Wal-Mart today. Seriously, when I went to work last night in Russellville, at 9:25 approx, there was not an available parking place--at least not from my perspective on Hwy. 43. I didn't dare try to get closer.
Back to top Go down
http://pen-n-sword.com/
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving - For what are you thankful?   Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:53 pm

I was truely blessed today. I answered a knock at my door and was My step-daughter and grandson I haven't seen in 13 years. I am a large man with a lot of hair and a beard. I like manly things. I am so happy I have cried like a baby for over an hour. They still love me and they want me back in their life. Am I blessed? You damn right I am.
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving - For what are you thankful?   Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:00 pm

I'm glad you didn't have to venture in, Firenze...crazy place in there affraid

Oh Blue!!!!!! How wonderful for you! I am really happy for you, and I am happy that they get the opportunity to get to know how wonderful you are as well. You are all very blessed indeed cheers
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving - For what are you thankful?   Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:04 pm

OMG....that is wonderful!!! *I'M* crying with happiness for you!! Huge Hugs Hug for all of you cheers santa Dance cheer happy
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving - For what are you thankful?   Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:35 pm

Bluetick wrote:
I was truely blessed today. I answered a knock at my door and was My step-daughter and grandson I haven't seen in 13 years. I am a large man with a lot of hair and a beard. I like manly things. I am so happy I have cried like a baby for over an hour. They still love me and they want me back in their life. Am I blessed? You damn right I am.
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Happy for you, Blue. Hug
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving - For what are you thankful?   Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:28 pm

I was recovering from a surgery in 1997. I enjoy building model airplanes ,but I decided to do something different. I had a plastic soldier about 2 inches tall and repositioned his legs and arms and made him into a fisherman. I used flat plastic sheets and made a model of my flatbottom fishing boat. I used masking tape and wire for lily pads and used acrylic resin for water. carved out a fish and painted it to look like a bass. carved a motor, tackle box and a cooler from laminated plastic sheets. I bored out the fishes mouth with a tiny drill bit and mounted him in a splash I sculpted in the water. Glued my little man to the boat and built him a rod and reel, and connected a piece of clear ultafine thread for a line. I made a frame for the little scene and had a custom glass cover made for it.
While I was building it my grandson would watch me in awe. He was probably 4 years old. Every time he came to visit he would say "Can I look at it Paw?" I would tell him yes we can look at it but we can't touch it. It's really easy to break. He would walk all around it looking and he'd say, "Paw, if you could make yourself little you could get in it."
When his grandmother and I divorced, I gave the scene to him. That was 1998. He still has it and his mother says no one is allowed to touch it. If that ain't enough to make a grown man cry nothing is. Do I sound happy?
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving - For what are you thankful?   Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:16 pm

Awww, now you have me teary too. What a wonderful story and what a lovely gift you gave him....and then he gave it back to you Crying Crying Crying
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving - For what are you thankful?   Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:37 am

I'm so glad they came to see you, Blue. Good for them and you. I imagine they have missed you & even though I don't know them, I'm proud of them for following their hearts.
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving - For what are you thankful?   Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:04 am

Blue.....That's love I love you
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving - For what are you thankful?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:44 am

Wonderful Blue. Best Christmas present ever!

Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Crying
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving - For what are you thankful?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:26 pm

for all of you....... doggiekiss doggiekiss doggiekiss doggiekiss doggiekiss doggiekiss Hug Hug Hug Hug
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving - For what are you thankful?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:40 pm

Awww, you make assassin all mushy.

Hug

All better! :cmascat: :cmascat: :cmascat: :cmascat: :cmascat: :cmascat: :cmascat: snowman
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving - For what are you thankful?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:50 pm

I knew you'd like the Christmas Kitty, lmm....thought of you when I found it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving - For what are you thankful?   Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:25 pm

You know me well. lol!

cat2 I like this one too.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving - For what are you thankful?   Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:05 pm

Those really are cute. snowman That snowman needs to relax a bit. He's gonna fall apart before Christmas, let alone lasting the whole winter. lol!
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving - For what are you thankful?   Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:41 am

lol!

:hohoho:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving - For what are you thankful?   

Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving - For what are you thankful?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2