Share | 

Traditions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Traditions   Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:45 am

If you could only continue one holiday/winter/Christmas tradition what would it be? Good food with family, presents, tree with lights, singing, church, nature, something else?:think I was thinking of my favorite traditions and I like so many things about winter and the holidays I was wondering what everyone else cherishes about this time of year. I like winter in general, so it's hard for me to choose what is my favorite part scratch Smile
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Traditions   Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:39 am

That small period of time when all stores are closed and everyone is in the warm house together, no traffic on the roads and peace and quit rules the day!
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Traditions   Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:44 am

Ohhhh yes, the peace of the season. I agree it is wonderful. It's as if nothing else exists or needs to exist besides that place and moment. snowsmile
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Traditions   Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:26 pm

B-man and i have developed a tradition of our own over the years. On Christmas eve. i take him to McD's for supper, then to the mall for a mall walk. On the way home i look for decorated houses for him to see......and if we pass a house with the front door open i drive slowly so we can look inside and see the contented family scene Gus described he has with his wonderful family. We then drive through Spring Park, then home. I let B-man open his gifts that night then it's bedtime as usual, and the next day is just an ordinary day for the two of us.
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Traditions   Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:27 pm

unclegus wrote:
That small period of time when all stores are closed and everyone is in the warm house together, no traffic on the roads and peace and quit rules the day!

Same here Unc. Only thing I would add is the phone isn't working.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Traditions   Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:10 pm

Puf wrote:
B-man and i have developed a tradition of our own over the years. On Christmas eve. i take him to McD's for supper, then to the mall for a mall walk. On the way home i look for decorated houses for him to see......and if we pass a house with the front door open i drive slowly so we can look inside and see the contented family scene Gus described he has with his wonderful family. We then drive through Spring Park, then home. I let B-man open his gifts that night then it's bedtime as usual, and the next day is just an ordinary day for the two of us.

That is a really nice tradition!! We like to take the girls around the area to see the pretty lights. I love to drive home at night and see the lights and deer/tree/penguins in our front yard at night too:)
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Traditions   Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:35 am

It's hard to pick just one because we've never had just Christmas Day. With so many sides to our family, we have Christmas week. So I had to think on that a while. Although I would be quite sad without Christmas Eve at my Mom's because I am really close to all of that side, there is something about just your immediate family being alone together. We do have a time of opening presents at our house each year, but that's not my favorite. I think it's the car ride, oddly enough, to Gramma's house (about an hour away) when it's just us, excited about Christmas & seeing family soon, seeing the Christmas lights and sometimes snow, talking, laughing and singing our favorite Christmas songs together.

Great topic, Sync...thanks! train
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Traditions   

Back to top Go down

Traditions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1