HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Remains of 274 Troops Reportedly Dumped in Virginia Landfill

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Remains of 274 Troops Reportedly Dumped in Virginia Landfill   Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:39 am

Politics

Published December 08, 2011
| Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- A published report says the remains of many more U.S. troops have been dumped in a landfill than the military originally acknowledged.

The Washington Post says the incinerated partial remains of at least 274 troops were sent to a Virginia landfill.

The report was based on database information at the Dover Air Base mortuary, where the remains of most war dead return.

The families of the dead authorized the military to dispose of the remains respectfully and with dignity. They were unaware of the landfill dumping, and Air Force officials told the newspaper they have no plans now to alert the families.

Military policy or regulations did not formally authorize the practice. The mortuary has handled the remains of more than 6,300 troops since 2001.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/08/remains-274-troops-reportedly-dumped-in-virginia-landfill/#ixzz1fxhXiGGo

This makes me mad as Hell and sick to my stomach. I hope a few good Marines beat the crap out of a few lousy air men.
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Remains of 274 Troops Reportedly Dumped in Virginia Landfill   Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:51 pm

Oh dear God. How could anyone be that disrespectful and cold? Sick to my stomach, too, lmm.
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Remains of 274 Troops Reportedly Dumped in Virginia Landfill   Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:43 pm

I have few words for this atrocity besides how disgusting this is. Seriously so disrespectful and disgusting. I hope they are punished.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remains of 274 Troops Reportedly Dumped in Virginia Landfill   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1