i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:46 pm

Debra, my daughter, came by about 4:30 and something cool happened when she got here. In the living room floor is a small Teddy Bear that was given to B-man about 15 years ago. "Nelson" plays Jingle Bells when a spot on his paw is pushed. When B-man brought Nelson home, my husband, Bill, claimed Nelson as his own and every year at Christmas Nelson stayed next to Bill's recliner. When i got rid of all Bill's things a few years ago i started to get rid of Nelson, but decided not to since it originally was Brandon's.
Well, Debra came in, saw the bear and said "There's Dad's bear" and as soon as she said it the bear started playing music all by itself. Debra stared at it, and when it finished i said "Looks like your dad has shown up to say hello to you" she said "Hey, Dad, how you doing?" and the bear stated playing by itself again. I said "I wasn't allowed to tell you to shut up when you were living, but i can say it now. Shut up, Bill." And he/it did......the bear hasn't played anymore.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:06 pm

rofl I'm sorry, but it is funny you finally got the last word!!!!!! I've had plenty of things happen that make me believe in those things, but they can still surprise me. How funny it stopped when you told it to Giggle Giggle
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:40 pm

It is funny......and, hey, i finally got the nerve to tell him to shut up! Very Happy it felt gooood.....lol
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:47 pm

That's why they visit when they do I think. it was time and you were ready. Awesome for you Clap
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:58 am

Ready? Heck i've been chomping at the bits with that one! Laughing

He used to tell Debra that when he died he would come back to haunt her and he would show up when least expected. He has followed through with that on several occasions and she takes it in stride. Yesterday was clearly one of those occasions. He knows he's not welcome here, but he couldn't resist it with her being here.
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:50 am

lol!

LOVE it! Get 'em, Puf! :snowball:

I have a story that is dear to our family's hearts. After my BIL died, my sister fell apart, literally had to get psychiatric help to be able to live. Her youngest daughter (5 yrs old) was a rock for the whole family, processed her father's death in a healthy 5 year old way and helped everyone else...God, I love that kid...anyway, Mama and daughter were sitting in bed watching TV together that night with Mama crying and daughter holding Mama's hand, a nightly event since Daddy's death. Daughter gasps, points up & in front of them and whispers "Shhh. Look Mama, it's an angel". Mama says "What does the angel look like?". Daughter says "It's Daddy. It's okay." They just sat there quietly holding each other, healing together. I believe it was her Daddy, a precious gift to them both.
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:29 am

This is scary Puf!
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:35 am

To me it was funny.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:01 am

Well, you got to say what you felt and he apparently did what you said...awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:03 am

Joy wrote:
lol!

LOVE it! Get 'em, Puf! :snowball:

I have a story that is dear to our family's hearts. After my BIL died, my sister fell apart, literally had to get psychiatric help to be able to live. Her youngest daughter (5 yrs old) was a rock for the whole family, processed her father's death in a healthy 5 year old way and helped everyone else...God, I love that kid...anyway, Mama and daughter were sitting in bed watching TV together that night with Mama crying and daughter holding Mama's hand, a nightly event since Daddy's death. Daughter gasps, points up & in front of them and whispers "Shhh. Look Mama, it's an angel". Mama says "What does the angel look like?". Daughter says "It's Daddy. It's okay." They just sat there quietly holding each other, healing together. I believe it was her Daddy, a precious gift to them both.

That is a beautiful story and I agree it was her Daddy. Love We really aren't alone here to fend for ourselves....that is true Hug
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:18 am

i like knowing i have spirits here in the house, and around me at all times......i know my son sees them Smile
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:04 pm

a seldom used bedroom lamp turned on by itself a few minutes ago Cool
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:45 pm

Puf, is there any chance of the spirit previous tenants of your having a reason for not leaving?
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:59 pm

There's no history of death with this house.

The bear episode was Bill, i felt that. And just because he shut up doesn't mean he left. I told whomever it is, or they are, they're welcome to stay as long as they behave....and said a prayer of protection. So we're cool...

and may as well mention that after i said they're welcome to stay as long as they behave, the bear played again.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:18 pm

You can easily cleanse your house if you feel it is someone you would like to leave. There are several ways to cleanse it...sage, Reiki, your trip through it stating your intention that it is your house and they need to leave, etc,....if you want, that is. If you felt it was him making the bear work it is probably him still Hug
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:38 pm

I did a simple salt cleansing against harmful/evil spirits when i moved in, so i don't get bad vibes from the ones here now. I said they can stay as long as they behave. And i feel Bill is here for a reason.....he wants forgiveness.

Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:57 pm

You know, I think you are right on that. Interesting timing...perhaps you were ready to hear it now? Interesting...cool too Smile
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:10 pm

Very interesting timing ! The spirits know Wink
When i get B-man in bed i'll be having a long talk with them Smile
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:15 pm

You are right. They really do know. Yes
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:19 pm

I'm ready to forgive Bill. What he did/put me through will always be in the back of my head...that's normal....but i realize it's also why i am where i am now. And i like where i am Smile
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:31 pm

We do too Puf. Thumbup
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:58 pm

thank you, blue Hug
Back to top Go down
Firenze
Odist

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:42 am

I thought it was a topic about **********. Go ahead, count the stars...
Back to top Go down
http://pen-n-sword.com/
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:54 am

Okay here's my story......and I'm being serious Sync. Laughing

I built a house out on the lake about 20 years ago. It was my dream home and wifey and I lived there up until "the beast" was born.

When I digging the holes to set posts for the deck I found a huge pile of Indian artifacts. I talked to a friend of mine who was big into artifacts and he claimed that I had found a "cache". He also said that usually they were found close to a grave site.

I took all of the artifacts and placed them in a prominent place in our home. Shortly thereafter, we started to notice little things happening. Our dog would sit and whine in the middle of the room. Books and objects would move and sometimes just flat out disappear, but they always showed back up. Wifey will tell you that I notice the "little things". If something is different when we come back I key on it right away.

We have an antique kaleidoscope that is just marvelous to look at. It would disappear or move from one shelf of the bookcase to another. I am a voracious reader and have a large library.. I keep my books well indexed to the point of being obsessive about it. Books would disappear, reappear and move from one shelf to another.

I went so far as to install video cameras, but nothing, nada, ziltch, showed up, yet things kept happening. So we finally decided that we had a spirit. We started talking to "him" and it seemed at times out of the corners of our eyes we could catch a glimpse of him. One day, when I was home alone, I sat down and welcomed "him". I explained to him that he was free to use anything in the house, but I explained to him that about my obsession with my books. I told him that, unless he could give me sign otherwise, and if he didn't mind I was going to call him "Fred".

Not long after that a friend came to borrow a book on the middle east that I had. We searched high and low for the book and could not find it. I laughed and told him "Well I guess Fred is reading it right now". I then asked. "Fred, if you are finished with the book, Bryan would like to borrow it from us." As we turned to walk outside.......yep, the book was laying on the kitchen table......

Right after "the beast" was born, and to my despair, wifey decided we needed to move back to "town". As we finished packing. I sat down again and told "Fred" why we were moving and offered for him to come with us. We kinda felt that he did because just as soon as we got settled the old tricks started right up again.

We felt that we had total confirmation when "the beast" was four years old and decided that he was "big enough" to move into an upstairs bedroom. After his first night upstairs, I went up to wake him and ask him how it was sleeping alone in his big boy room. He looked at me and said "I wasn't alone. Fred slept in here with me all night. He always stays with me when I'm alone". For some reason it didn't surprise me at all. Now, please note we had never discussed "Fred" with "the beast".

Their relationship went on for a very long time. "The Beast" would come in and ask about something that he should have no knowledge of and when we would ask, he would say "Fred told me about it." .......We found out through "the Beast" that Fred was an "army guy".

We have a dear friend that lives in B'ham and her teenage daughters live here with her ex. She comes and spends weeks with us so that she can be with the girls. She will not stay in our house alone. She swears up and down that there's "something" going on in our house. Not too long ago she was in town and mentioned it again. We told her the story about "Fred" and then I said "Fred, this in *********. She will be staying with us ever so often. She is very nervous about you so will you please be respectful to her when she is here". But ole "Fred" has a sense of humor........we'll see how it goes. Giggle

Soooooooooooo, I believe also!

Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:17 pm

Oh, what a great story!! I'm so glad you welcomed him and that you all have gotten along so well. Being polite goes a long way no matter where someone is from:)

I have no choice but to believe since I have way too many experiences that can't be explained other ways Giggle

What did you do with the artifacts when you moved?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....   

Back to top Go down

i DO believe in spooks. I do, i do....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alabamian :: This, That & the Other-
Jump to: