Share | 

What completes You?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: What completes You?   Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:34 am

This may sound a little trivial, but other than family, love, your religion is there something in your life that "completes" you.

I was laughing about this last night with my family. My tractor has been in the shop for a few months now and I was finally able to go and get it last night. I was tickled silly. Granted, I have a total of three tractors, but this was my "main" tractor.

I grew up on a farm and spent many hours riding a tractor. Working on or working with tractors were a big part of my childhood. After wifey and i were married we moved to "town" for a year. I was not able to make it. We had to sell that house and get back out into the country. Currently, we live on a 90 acre farm on the outskirts of town. A few years after we moved there I was finally able to buy the tractor that I am referring to. It was my first of the three. A Massey Ferguson 135. No power steering, no power brakes, no fancy bells or whistles, just a good hard working, dependable tractor.

Our farm had gotten out of hand over the years and with this tractor I was able to get it back under control. My wife's friends laughed at me and my obsession, but she always just grinned and told them "that's his therapy and it keeps him grounded".

I made a huge mistake back in the summer and tore my tractor up. It almost killed me. Thankfully, I found someone who felt the same way as I do about tractors and he put her back together for me. When he called last night and said it was ready I was in hog heaven. I can't tell you how much I have missed tinkering around with my tractor. That's when we started laughing about it "completing me".

So, is there something like this in your life that completes you?
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: What completes You?   Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:41 am

Oh, that is so cool you will have it back! It isn't trivial at all and makes perfect sense to me. As for what completes me...hmm..I don't think it is an object. I would have to say weaving completes me. I don't mean literal weaving on a loom, but weaving as in creating. Whether I'm weaving a class and seeing people learn and become empowered, weaving a Reiki session to help someone heal and get pain relief, feel some joy, and release whatever is holding them down, painting a picture, drawing something, sewing, doing needlework, cooking a meal, gardening, doing things with my kids on an energetic level...it's all weaving to me and it completes me. Guess that sounds odd, but I just realized the common thread that gives me peace in my life.

If I'm not feeling that I am weaving something I don't feel complete. I am so glad you posted this since I never realized how all the things I enjoy doing or that make me feel connected are related to this, and why some times in my life I felt so desolate...how cool and thank you Clap Hug
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: What completes You?   Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:57 am

I love my tractors too. I have an old H Farmal I am in the process of restoring that belonged to my dad.
I intend to get the plow that was hooked to it when he bought it and restore the two as one piece.

Believe it or not though, I am grill crazy. I have people all the time asking if they can have an old grill because
I bought a new one. LOL! several people have made inquiries since I won my new Primo http://primogrill.com/
Do y'all remember how excited I was with that?
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: What completes You?   Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:02 pm

Helping others and making them feel good completes me.....even if it's just listening to them because they need to talk, or making someone laugh......
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: What completes You?   Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:08 pm

unclegus wrote:
I love my tractors too. I have an old H Farmal I am in the process of restoring that belonged to my dad.
I intend to get the plow that was hooked to it when he bought it and restore the two as one piece.

Believe it or not though, I am grill crazy. I have people all the time asking if they can have an old grill because
I bought a new one. LOL! several people have made inquiries since I won my new Primo http://primogrill.com/
Do y'all remember how excited I was with that?

I restored a Farm All Cub when "the beast" was about 3 years old. Went all out on it. New decals, new paint etc. Had a belly mower on it and I would set "the beast" on there with me and a "cutting" we would go........ But it scared the wifey to death to the point that she convinced me to sell it. Really got her and the MNL going when I turned him and the Massey loose in the pasture bushhogging when he was about 11, but hey I was plowing fields when I was 7........... Giggle

And yeah, we know how you are about the grills............. cheers
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: What completes You?   Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:51 am

Good question, Ubu. I would say singing. Whenever I am sick, lose my voice & can't sing, it makes me crazy. You don't realize how often you sing until you can't. When I open up the first time without a croak, I am always so excited.

Many years ago we had to leave the church where we were members and look for another one, eventually ending up right back where we started when the original church handled something that needed handling (craziness), but during that period, I didn't sing with a praise team, choir or sing 'specials'. Wink It was like part of who I am or part of my purpose for being here was missing. I never take that for granted anymore. I am no Martina McBride by a long shot, but for what voice I have been given I am very thankful.

:carolers:
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: What completes You?   Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:13 am

I can understand that, Joy. Singing comes from my soul and I would be pretty sad if I couldn't ever sing again. It is what I did as a child to soothe myself and I have sung to all my kids to soothe them as well. Actually people joke us that we live in a musical Laughing

Umm...Ubu, what is a belly mower? scratch
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: What completes You?   Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:24 am

Sez Joy: " we had to leave the church where we were members and look for another one".........I will refrain from "touching' that one. Santa Claus is watching Giggle

Asks Sync: " what is a belly mower?"

It trims the hair on your belly. Need a quick shave? Crackingup Crackingup Crackingup rofl Tongue3

Seriously.......it is a mower deck that "hangs" from the bottom of the tractor....most "attachments/implements are towed from behind the tractor, whereas this attachment/implement is suspended from the "belly" of the tractor....hence "belly mower"

Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: What completes You?   Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:02 pm

I have thought about this for a while. I really can't think of something that makes me whole other than hubby.

He really is the better half of the set and I will gladly admit it.

Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: What completes You?   Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:22 am

Sync, I don't know about the whole fam, but there's a musical or a movie going in my head quite often. Yesterday, I was dancing/singing in Jewish (or is that Greek?) form with a tambourine (the tambourine was in my head), with one of those songs that get faster and faster until you collapse at the end...much fun! I'll see if I can find the song on youtube.
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: What completes You?   Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:56 am

Only one I can find that remotely resembles what I mean is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GokoyH7S2SU , but with a tambourine, it would go "King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Glory *clap* Hallelujah (x2); Jesus, Prince of Peace, Glory *clap* Hallelujah (x2)" and if you add motions or steps, it gets harder to do as the music speeds up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What completes You?   

Back to top Go down

What completes You?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alabamian :: This, That & the Other-
Jump to: