Share | 

A New Year 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: A New Year 2012   Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:00 am

I don't make resolutions since they don't work too well for me, but I think this time of year is a good time to reflect and visualize what I want the next year to be like. I don't picture really material possessions or money, since those things come and go, but I try to take a little time to make a vision for my year. When I picture a healthy, peaceful year how is it different than what I see in my life now? What would I have to do to visualize it and see it really happen?

As I said, I don't make resolutions that I will work out x times a week or never yell at my kids, but I believe that mindfulness of what we have, what we want, and what is keeping us from getting where we want to be in this life helps us move forward and find some peace.

So this week when I get a moment alone I will be taking stock of where I am and what I am doing well and not so well to be healthy physically, emotionally, and spiritually healthy. I didn't do this last year, and although I did move forward I know that some areas of my life really are out of balance, and that is is my responsibility to make any changes that are keeping me from achieving that balance. I do believe in flowing along and not trying to force the universe to bend my way, but I know my year will be what I make it.

Do you do anything this time of year to make the next year what you want it to be or drift along and see what happens? Resolutions? Some other way to reflect? Smile
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: A New Year 2012   Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:07 am

I'm afraid I'm just a drifter Sync. What ever will be will be. You just gotta roll with it.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: A New Year 2012   Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:19 am

I agree with rolling with it, Blue, and when I stopped trying to make things go how I thought they should life really got better for me. Laughing I guess I'm thinking of it from a behavioral viewpoint, kwim? I'm thinking if I want to fit into any reasonably-sized clothes I might want to stop eating crap at night for instance.Giggle

But yes, I agree that what will be will be. That idea would make a really good song Giggle
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: A New Year 2012   Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:51 am

[quote="Syncronicity"

But yes, I agree that what will be will be. That idea would make a really good song Giggle [/quote]

OOOOO....gerat idea Sync. How would you say that in Latin? Crackingup
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: A New Year 2012   Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:55 am

Well, I'm no Latin expert, but I know this one..que sera sera Crackingup That and biological terms/names are the extent of my Latin Giggle
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: A New Year 2012   Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:55 am

We need to write a song about that...we could make royalties for decades Giggle
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: A New Year 2012   Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:06 pm

I see a new year as a new beginning, a chance to start anew on whatever floats your boat. Every part of my life begins again...Mom, Gramma, Sister, Daughter, Friend, Co-Worker and this year I'll be adding Student. You can't do a thing about past failures, but you can be thankful for past successes and begin a most lovely future.

Cheers to new beginnings!!! toast

Unc, I like to do inventory and see how to improve as well...always room for improvement. Thumbup
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: A New Year 2012   Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:22 pm

That sounds wonderful you will be a student too! Isn't it amazing how many roles we play? How many places one person fills just by living life? bounce
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: A New Year 2012   Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:26 pm

I think 2012 is going to be wonderful for me and B-man. Saturday night, while opening gifts, he had trouble with a box and i asked if he needed help. He handed me the box and said "here Mama" Very Happy him using two words together in the correct conversational context is VERY VERY rare.
And i have something new in my life.....respect and caring I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Year 2012   

Back to top Go down

A New Year 2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1