Share | 

Publix Coming to the Shoals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Publix Coming to the Shoals   Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:38 pm

I still lurk around over at Times Faily (nod to OB) ever so often. I just noticed another thread on Publix and when is it coming.

I am still able to resist posting over there so if any one else wants to share here is what I know. Just keep me out of it please.

My information (dateline yesterday) is that the final hurdle for the development (local design and acceptance standards, shall we say) has been surmounted and the project should be ready to proceed. I can't, and would not if I could, state that the "ink has spilled" as far as Publix is concerned, but it appears that the pieces of the puzzle are now all in place.

Keep your fingers crossed if you are a Publix fan.

Ohhhhhh and while at BAM tonight they told me they have moved their grand opening up to the 20th of this month. cheers
Back to top Go down
OB's Corner
Odist

PostSubject: Re: Publix Coming to the Shoals   Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:27 pm

Good deal. Hope it is true. With the seemingly stoppage of work, rumors were like a creek in the springtime after a rain,... swelling over their banks.
Back to top Go down
http://obscorner.blogspot.com/
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Publix Coming to the Shoals   Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:58 pm

I thought everything was already in place. Publix was supposed to be built before the new Dick's sporting goods store, wasn't it? Then all construction stopped. Why would there be any more to do if they had already announced the place to build?
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Publix Coming to the Shoals   Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:50 am

Now, I think I asked at BAM about Joe Muggs last time I was in there, but that was during Christmas shopping hell & my mind was far from clear at the time. I can't remember if she said the new one would or would not have a coffee shop. Actually, I think we both just talked about how much we missed it and never got around to future plans. I really hope the coffee shop is part of the plan, but with the smaller building, will there be room for it?

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed when the signs for BAM & Hibbetts went up and still no Publix. Oh well...it's not like I'm losing something I already had...sooooo we wait.

dragon
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Publix Coming to the Shoals   Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:43 am

lmm wrote:
I thought everything was already in place. Publix was supposed to be built before the new Dick's sporting goods store, wasn't it? Then all construction stopped. Why would there be any more to do if they had already announced the place to build?

Even though the site was identified, DOT plans have to be submitted and approved. Remember, dealing with the State is a ......welll let's just say difficult. There were several minor issues that had to be addressed and it just takes time...........

The original plan has always been for the new Hibbett's (not Dicks) and BAM stores to be built and the Publix to be the last building built.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Publix Coming to the Shoals   Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:55 am

LOL, sorry about mixing up Dicks and Hibbets. Brain froze.

I know there was a sign saying Publix coming soon for a while, then it got taken down. If they did not have the approval already, why announce the plan?
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Publix Coming to the Shoals   Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:20 am

I'm glad you brought this up since I am confused too. I was all excited about Publix and then the other stores went in and no Publix:(
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Publix Coming to the Shoals   Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:41 am

LOL, "approval" comes in three stages.

Preliminary
General
and Final..........

It's a three step process contingent upon all the entities (i.e. Local, State governing bodies)

Trust me, development is not an easy process, and certainly not a speedy process.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Publix Coming to the Shoals   Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:46 am

Sad I understand having everything done right. I just want Publix Please
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Publix Coming to the Shoals   

Back to top Go down

Publix Coming to the Shoals
View previous topic View next topic Back to top