Free Dog.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Free Dog.....   Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:52 am

As I wind my way through the messes of a divorce, one of those things has come up that tears at a man's soul. I have two beautiful white German Shepherd dogs. My intention was for the future ex and I to share them, her choice of which one of the two.

She has now demanded that I take or make arrangements for the younger of the two to be off the property, as she says he is too much for her to deal with. He is rambunctious, but he's a loving pet.

He is Titus, and he will be a year old in March 2012, IIRC. He's a pure white, CKC eligible for registry, German Shepherd. He's about 85 pounds, and is very loving.

He has been in a fenced enclosure, or inside a house his whole life. He is house broke, and crate trained. He will sleep on a pallet in the floor, or in his crate. Typical of puppies, he has some chewing issues that he will grow out of, and he digs a bit, but can be broke from this. He is up to date on all shots and inoculations. He has been through obedience school with Pam Jones, who works through Pet Depot in Florence. He walks loose leash and understands basic commands, such as sit, stay, and down...although because of the lack of attention he's had lately, he will need some work on this.

I will have to insist that someone taking him have a fenced in enclosure to keep him in. It would kill me to know he was lost or got hit by a car from running free.

Anyone interested in him, pm me or post here so we can talk...Titus is the purer white dog in this picture, the one on the right. .

Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:06 am

He is beautiful Sassy. I don't like dogs affraid but I have one that we took in because the owner abandoned him and he was injured. He is a sweet mutt but one is all I need.

I do hope you find a good person to take him. Sheperds are really good dogs and very loyal.
Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:16 pm

Situation has been resolved. One of my officers has agreed to take Titus.

Thanks, all
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:37 pm

Thank God.......We have two dogs, two cats, a horse and a donkey. Our family is a little full right now, but one look at Titus and my heart string was "being tugged"

Clap
Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:41 pm

My heart strings are going to be sounding for a while. I'm gonna miss him, but he'll be close enough for me to visit. He's a great pet.
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:49 am

I'm so glad someone you know is taking him. Does the other dog in the video live with you or is the ex keeping that one? Okay, I know I am a wuss, but I am hoping they'll still get to see each other and play together sometimes. geek

I'm happy for him either way though. He will be much happier with someone who wants him. wagtail
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:12 am

The future ex has always favored the older dog...Choctaw. She's always been partial to him over Titus. If Puf and I can end up with a place to keep him, I intend to do my dead level best to get Choctaw. And I hope the officer I'm giving Titus to might consider giving him back to me. If I could afford it, I would place him in a kennel until I was able to take Titus, but at a minimum of $5-7 per day..I just can't afford it. And where Puf and I are now, we just can't manage a big rambunctious dog.
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:21 am

I understand. I had to give away my cat (I'm a cat lover) and it's still painful. You have found Titus a good home and at least future ex likes Choctaw...that is good thing. Praying all works out where you have your dogs again, but your current plan is a good one. Thumbup
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:33 am

Oh, he's beautiful!!! If we didn't have so many allergies in my house I would have loved to take him. I totally have a preference for white German Shepards...he looks like a wonderful dog...they both do. I am glad you found someone who will let you see him, too. I'm so sorry you had to part with him Sad
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:27 am

I am glad you found a friend to take your dog who you can at least be assured he is in good hands.
Back to top Go down
EZREADER
Limerick Lover

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:55 pm

I agree with Gus! Having someone who will treat the beautiful pup as he needs to be will give yoy peace of mind and perhaps a joy in the heart of his new family!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:35 pm

Unfortunately, the friend who was to take Titus has never been able to get a fence built at his house, and the ex is threatening to take him to the shelter.

So, Titus is once again available if someone knows of a loving home for him.
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:41 pm

THAT BITC.............whoops sorry, let my emotions get the better of me there for a second..................

I'll pass the word around.....

Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   Tue May 01, 2012 7:58 am

Will keep my eyes open for you.
Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   Tue May 01, 2012 8:30 am

Titus may have a home soon. A police officer from Childersburg has spoken up for him. I will update as I learn more.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   Tue May 01, 2012 9:14 am

Oh, you have no idea how gladly I would take him if we didn't have allergies here. He is beautiful and seems like a wonderful boy. I really hope the officer can take him....oh, I would take him in a heartbeat if he didn't make our allergies worse. Love Love Love
Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   Thu May 03, 2012 9:20 pm

Titus has a new home just outside Childersburg. Thanks everybody.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   Fri May 04, 2012 12:26 am

Oh, wonderful!!!! I have been thinking about him Love
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   Fri May 04, 2012 7:21 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   Fri May 04, 2012 7:33 am

I could have sworn I posted this last night. Maybe I forgot to hit send. Anyway, I love a happy ending.
Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   Fri May 04, 2012 8:15 am

It's bittersweet to me. I loved him, and am going to miss him. But the look in that 9 year old boy's eyes when he threw his arms around Titus' neck made me realize it was going to be all right.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   Fri May 04, 2012 8:18 am

Aww, I think he is right where he is supposed to be now. Just think of what a gift you brought into this boy's life! Years of memories and a pal no matter what. I feel that this was just right. I know you will miss him, though Hug
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   Fri May 04, 2012 8:27 am

Isn't it amazing how deep into your heart an animal can bury itself? My friend Punkin is one of the most important things in my life. The only reason I don't put her at number one is because to do so would be disrespectful to Mrs. Blue. I worked on the road for a while and was gone for nearly a year. Friends of mine kept her for me while I was gone. I was afraid she would forget me, but when I got home she went berserk. Twisting, barking, licking, wagging, jumping grinning. She was so excited she peed. She would not leave my lap for a few hours. I'm tellin you, I was a proud papa.....complete with tears. I promised her I would never leave her again, and I never will.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   Fri May 04, 2012 8:37 am

Crying What a beautiful love story. Corny to put it that way, I guess, but it's true. Kind of like the saying on my old cat's marker in the back yard...."Cats leave paw prints on our hearts. " Dogs are the same...it's amazing, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   Sat May 05, 2012 6:55 am

Well, dadgummit guys...pass me the tissue. Hug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free Dog.....   

Back to top Go down

Free Dog.....