View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:23 am

Bluetick wrote:
Sorry the doc said you wuz big headed Sync. Been 15 or 20 years since the Memphis zoo, but it was great then. Probably is even better now.

I am...nice description, Blue Giggle

We aren't telling the kids we are going or they will make us insane asking if we are leaving now Giggle

What I read looks good...we never go anywhere much, so it will be a treat for us all.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:24 am

Ubu wrote:
Good morning everyone. Woke this morning to the sound of the waves crashing on the beach. Feel better already.....

Oh Ubu...that sounds lovely!! Sea air is so good for the breathing, too. I hope you have a wonderful time Clap Clap
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:26 am

Sassy Kims wrote:
Been to the Memphis zoo twice. Last time was about 9 years ago. It was great.

Oh good!! I'm glad you had a good time and I bet we will too. I know...I can take pictures of the animals and post the ones that remind me of my wonderful friends here Giggle

Of course myself too...I can think of several that remind me of myself, actually Giggle

Morning, all, and have a wonderful day!!!! bounce bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:46 am

Good morning yall! Reminds me of the time Sally and i were going to the beach and a friend of mine at work asked me to bring him a bottle of sand from the beach as he had never been there,we are blessed! Mornin Mornin
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:50 am

I started to ask Ubu to do that for me, but then I figured he should be relaxing and not worrying about collecting sand Smile Laughing
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:28 am

Good morning everyone!

Sync, it has been a long time since I have been, but the Memphis Zoo is the best I remember going to.
They have a good variety of displays including localized farm life history along with all the exotic animals
from around the world.
Don't go to Memphis without having an experience with the barbecue. Be sure the check out the Beale street
sceene and whatever you do, do not give in to the Pan Handlers. All you got to do is show them that you are from
Alabama and that should do the trick!

Ubu, be aware of that ocean spray down there on this spring break!
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:32 am

Oh gus, tell them we are from AL Giggle We will keep that bbq in mind and thanks for the info Yes
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:29 am

Good morning, everyone. Very Happy
I'm slowly re-entering the world of the living yay Fever is gone, i had a whole cracker for breakfast, and am now having my first cup of coffee in 2 1/2 days. Mornin
Sassy has been a God-send .....He's doled out B-man's meds, packed his lunch, taken him to the bus stop and picked him up, bought groceries, done laundry, and cooked.

Sync, i've also been to the Memphis zoo a few times and loved it.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:35 am

Puf wrote:
Good morning, everyone. Very Happy
I'm slowly re-entering the world of the living yay Fever is gone, i had a whole cracker for breakfast, and am now having my first cup of coffee in 2 1/2 days. Mornin
Sassy has been a God-send .....He's doled out B-man's meds, packed his lunch, taken him to the bus stop and picked him up, bought groceries, done laundry, and cooked.

Sync, i've also been to the Memphis zoo a few times and loved it.

Oh Puf, I'm sorry you have been so sick. Hug I'm glad Sassy was in your corner taking care of everything and everyone for you, and I'm glad you have decided you will live. We would miss you way too much Hug

Sassy Clap
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:04 pm

Glad you're better Puf. That Sassy feller...looks like he may be a keeper. Sync..I hope y'all get to go and have a wonderful time.
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:09 pm

Thank you, Sync Hug My sympathies are with anyone with multiple family members attacked by this bug at the same time!
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:11 pm

Blue Hug thank you. Since i'm definitely going to keep him, Sassy can consider himself a "kept" man Giggle
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:57 pm

Hubs was bringing the girls home from a birthday party in our little Corolla and was driving along River Road in the rain this afternoon when a hubcap flew off the car in front, hit our left front lights area, bounced up and hit the windshield right in front of him. He put his arm up just as it hit so no glass got in his eyes, but he had it all over him and the front seat and floor of the car. Fortunately none hit the girls in the back and he is okay otherwise. The car had to be towed since the windshield is shattered, but that is seriously scary. The police lady said he was lucky to be alive and that is obvious...if that hadn't bounced just right and the windshield wasn't safety glass I think I wouldn't have a family right now. He was able to stop the car safely surprisingly enough with rainy road and a shattered windshield and glass all over him, and all I can say is wow. Crying and whew.

Good thing we have another car, too...hopefully it won't cost too much get replaced, but they are safe and that is what counts Yes
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:23 pm

Damn..thats scary Sync. I'm glad everyone is ok and hopefully it won't be too expensive to replace the windshield.
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:32 pm

That is very scary..... I'm so glad everyone is okay Hug Was the car that lost the hubcap aware of what happened??
Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:45 pm

Glad everybody is ok. Hubby obviously did well if he was able to keep from crashing with that scenario. Congrats to him!!!
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:30 pm

Oh Synch, how terrible. I am so glad that all are safe. You never know what will happen at any given moment. I know your hubby probably had a complete collapse once he got home. Give him and the girls extra hugs tonight.

Just wait until the teacher asks after Spring break, how did your week go? What a story for them to tell.

Best wishes for you all.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:47 pm

The driver never stopped, so we don't know. I have had this feeling since the father of my daughter's friend died in the accident a couple of weeks ago that something was coming, so hopefully that was what it was and the feeling will ease. My sister had breast cancer surgery a few days ago and I guess it's just seemed as if another shoe would drop...perhaps that was it and things will be okay.

Nope, we have no idea who the driver was and we are stuck replacing it, but that beats what could have happened and windshields are just glass. Thanks for the Hug I feel as if I have some emotions I need to let out, but that will come when the time is right.

Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:11 pm

Something may be coming Sync, but I believe it may be something good. You deserve it and you're due.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:12 pm

Thanks, Blue. You are sweet. You are right that I need to focus on that and let go of anything else. Thanks for reminding me Hug
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:53 pm

Embarassed aw shucks.... Embarassed yore -a- makin me blush now.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:29 am

Giggle Giggle
Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:41 am

Good morning everybody.

After evading and avoiding the appearance of evil for a week, it appears the crud has reached out and lightly touched my brow. I have no where near the symptoms that Puf and B-Man had, but I feel just bad enough to keep me fairly inactive this morning. Hopefully it won't worsen...I have to work tomorrow...staying out is NOT an option.

Clearing this morning, and no chance of rain for the next three days. High 70s for temps.

Hope everybody has a great day!
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:26 am

OH, SYNC! Bigger hug than this -> Hug I am so so thankful your family is safe.

Good morning, Sassy and all. I am meeting the family at the park this afternoon to enjoy this pretty weather. sunny

It's also to meet my son's girlfriend for the first time. They've been dating since December. We didn't even know about her because like his father & UNlike his mother & sister, he's a private young man. He'd just say he was going to hang out with friends. The son and girlfriend received stressful news this week. Even though she is on the pill, she is pregnant. They are both still in shock and SO not ready to talk marriage. So, they are just taking it as slow as two people can who just made a baby together, bless their little pointy heads. They had both planned to start college in the fall and I hope they are still able to do that. Along with grant or student loans, they may have to alternate schedules with part-time jobs to afford it and care for the baby, but I don't recommend attempting to raise a child without a degree these days. It was hard enough in my day. Anyhoo, sorry so long, but thanks for listening. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:38 am

Oh Joy, I know this isn't how they planned things, but raising a child and going to college really is doable. I got my degree while raising a baby and my ex was in college as well. It was hard, but it was doable, and the cool part is their child can learn along with them. Whatever happens with their relationship they can do the best they can to parent, and the child will always know college is important and get a good education right along with them. I read textbooks to my baby to study while he was young and turns out he was listening and learning...lol. I wish them the best whatever they do and I hope that they will take advantage of all the aid offered them. Congrats to you as well...looks as if you are having a grandchild Smile

This made me think of when we were both in school and passed my son back and forth as we went to classes...lol. It was funny now that I look back at it, and although it was hard, I ended up with a BS and lots of grad school and he ended up ...well, something past the MA degree (he never wanted to do anything but go to college, so not sure what he ended up with after we divorced Giggle ).

Sassy, I hope this is all the crud you get and it goes away quickly!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   

Back to top Go down

Good morning
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next