Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: where did you wear it   Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:33 pm

I'm not sure but I might should have put this in entertainment. Giggle

Article:
Condoms with Barcodes Track Safe Sex
Stephanie Pappas, LiveScience Senior Writer
Date: 29 February 2012 Time: 04:01 PM ET

A new Planned Parenthood initiative combines sex and social media to encourage people to use protection while they're getting busy.

Last week, as part of National Condom Week, Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest distributed 55,000 condoms with QR (or Quick Response) codes on the packaging across colleges and universities in western Washington state. The idea is that condom users can scan these codes with a smartphone after using protection, "checking in" on a global map of safe sex.

The site, www.wheredidyouwearit.com, is totally anonymous, though users can provide some vague details about the sexual encounter and how it went, from "things can only improve from here" to "it was ah-maz-ing."

Planned Parenthood officials say the goal is to encourage pride about preventing pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases. [How to Wear a Condom]
Back to top Go down
cage the elephant
Free Verse!

PostSubject: Re: where did you wear it   Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:27 am

lmm wrote:
I'm not sure but I might should have put this in entertainment. Giggle

Article:
Condoms with Barcodes Track Safe Sex
Stephanie Pappas, LiveScience Senior Writer
Date: 29 February 2012 Time: 04:01 PM ET

A new Planned Parenthood initiative combines sex and social media to encourage people to use protection while they're getting busy.

Last week, as part of National Condom Week, Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest distributed 55,000 condoms with QR (or Quick Response) codes on the packaging across colleges and universities in western Washington state. The idea is that condom users can scan these codes with a smartphone after using protection, "checking in" on a global map of safe sex.

The site, www.wheredidyouwearit.com, is totally anonymous, though users can provide some vague details about the sexual encounter and how it went, from "things can only improve from here" to "it was ah-maz-ing."

Planned Parenthood officials say the goal is to encourage pride about preventing pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases. [How to Wear a Condom]

National Condom Week?

NATIONAL CONDOM WEEK ????

What's next?
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: where did you wear it   Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:02 am

Oh, so many things to say, so little time...LOL...other than strap on a "tell all" condom, how exactly does pay homage to National Condom Week?

Post a picture in salute to the condom on facebook? Maybe tell people that if they copy/paste onto their status, they will be, ahem, properly rewarded during their field work on the subject?

Giggle
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: where did you wear it   Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:21 am

But what about the shame and embarrassment suffered by those unfortunate fellows who don't find it necessary to unroll the condom far enough to find the bar code?

Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: where did you wear it   Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:35 am

Well, it beats getting a disease or a baby you weren't planning I'd say....but I wouldn't be sending in my location I think. Giggle

Joy and Sassy Giggle

Cage, I think next week is, "Oops, I forgot about National Condom Week" week Giggle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: where did you wear it   

Back to top Go down

where did you wear it
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1