To post, log in - "On" button up top :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   Fri May 27, 2011 2:57 pm

There were a couple of members having trouble posting. We think it's because they didn't log in first. I made the forum visible to guests, which threw them off.

I've also enlarged the "Register" and the "On" button. It could be that it just wasn't visible as well.

Kitty

Last edited by Joy on Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changing title to lower case :))
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com

PostSubject: the thing   Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:54 pm

is too big for my screen. Why?
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:11 pm

hit the control and - keys at the same time Buff

That will decrease the size of the page.....Joy is having some trouble with the menu tabs. they are forcing the page to bleed over. She is working on it

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:20 am

thanks UBU. It worked.
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:22 am

Glad to help! have a good day...
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:38 am

Forgot to mention that when you navigate away from this page, just hit control + to return to normal........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:42 am

Thanks. I had just been using the % amount in the corner to %75.
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:11 am

I'm not having any trouble with anything here that I know of, but yeah, I had to hit CTRL - on the computer at work I used to see what this place looks like on a monitor that is not wide screen. I need to dig the laptop out of whatever closet I put it in and look at it every so often just in case. I am trying to make as few changes as possible so it doesn't go haywire on me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:14 am

As admin you are more than likely getting a different screen shot than we are.......it's no biggee!
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:32 am

But it looks the same before I log in?

I'll get the husband to look on his as well.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:22 am

It looks OK to me too. But I am using wide screen this morning.
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:38 am

I am on a wide screen also, but like Buffy, I have to reduce also....... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:41 am

I don't have to reduce the image. I wonder why it works for some and not for others.
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:44 am

I am going to go out on a limb here and say........because y'all are "special"......... Whistle
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:47 am

LOL, I doubt that UBU.

We are looking in the help center. If we find something, we'll let yaaaallll know. Cool
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:51 am

FINALLY......we've been begging you two to get some "help" for a long time..........remember, the first step to recover is actually admitting you have a problem Whistle Whistle Whistle Monkey Monkey

uhhhhh.......I gotta go now ((((((ducking for cover))))))))

Crackingup
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:56 am

So thanks to lmm finding the answer (yay), I changed the width from pixels to percent. Hope this makes it stay the right width for everyone. *fingers, toes and eyes crossed* Ow.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:57 am

Quote :
uhhhhh.......I gotta go now ((((((ducking for cover))))))))

A hunting we will go!

Shotgun Shotgun Bubba Bubba Dwarf Dwarf
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:59 am

Yay boss. Clap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:14 am

lmm wrote:
LOL, I doubt that UBU.

We are looking in the help center. If we find something, we'll let yaaaallll know. Cool
LMM Is your forum width set to “auto”?
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:21 am

I have no idea Buff. I can only see the same preference page that you do. I can't see any admin stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:27 am

Tell her to go to ‘general’ ‘forum configuration’ scroll down to pages structure and type in “auto”
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:40 am

I think you just did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:20 pm

Joy and I could function as a well oiled machine or a well matched pair of mules if she would make me an administrator.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:24 pm

And she is allready glad I'm here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To post, log in - "On" button up top :)   

Back to top Go down

To post, log in - "On" button up top :)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next