View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cage the elephant
Free Verse!

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:56 am

Sassy Kims wrote:
Glad to see you back on line, Cage...

Chin up, all your problems will work out, given time. If I can be of help, you have only to ask.

Hello Sassy!
No doubt of your sincerity. Much appreciated.
Doing OK so far in the "hollow".

It;s so good to see the happiness you and Puf...err...Purr have re-discovered. Stay the course.
It's an inspiration of what "can be".
Be safe.
Back to top Go down
cage the elephant
Free Verse!

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:05 am

For Uncle Gus...

Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:24 am

Morning all. Good to hear from you Cage.
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:39 am

Good morning Sassy, cage, Blue and all.

cage, I feel your pain...having kids was so much easier when they couldn't drive/leave and were too young for their decisions to affect so many including us, with us helpless to do a dang thing about it. Hug The hubster and I struggle with not making enemies out of each other as we struggle with adult kids...they still kids until they start listening to wisdom. I pray you have a peaceful rest of the year...praying that for all of us.
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:03 am

Good morning everyone!
I'm looking forward to today's bike ride. No idea where we're going, and don't care.......it's all about the journey, not the destination Smile

Welcome back, Cage Hug Neighborhood watch, eh? I'm familiar with the hollow and know how much that service is needed.
Thank you for your kind words, they are appreciated.
I'm glad you guys are doing okay. I know how traumatic and disheartening it is to lose everything as the result of a fire. Possessions are what anchors you to your life and family memories.....BUT thank goodness you didn't lose your life.... and new anchors will take form.

I echo Sassy.....if there's anything i can do......

Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:09 am

Ahh. the oily black smoke residue.......I remember that from my fire. The contractor that redone my house sold me a gallon of some kind of cleaner that was made to remove smoke residue. It worked , but was very labor intensive. It was the only thing I found that would remove that stain.
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:10 am

Good morning folks!

Cage, sorry things did not work with daughter family. I know the kids really liked it.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:37 am

Morning, everyone. I echo everyone here, Cage, in understanding how awful that remover stuff is...be careful since some kinds can make you sick, too. I'm sorry you're dealing with this and I hope you get settled back in sooner than you think. Hug

On the kids I agree there too. There comes a point where you have to let them do their own thing, and really sometimes what they choose to do just isn't what we think is best....it is hard to see them do things sometimes, but they have to learn too just as we did. At least hopefully we did Giggle
Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:04 pm

Ride was great fun! We rode north on Bridge Road to CR 144, across to CR 47, turned on CR 8 and stayed on CR 8 until Cloverdale Road. Went south then to 7 Points and ate lunch at Montagu's.

Then we made our way back to Killen...a great ride with a great gal on a beautiful day! Thanks Purr!!! I had a blast!
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:09 pm

Ahh, you were in my part of the world. I am glad you enjoyed your time and the food bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:20 pm

We had a wonderful time!...The sunshine, the scenery, the food , and the company Very Happy Thank you, Sassy I love you

before moving to Killen the first time in the early 90's, 7 points was also my part of the world.....
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:23 pm

Cool...it's the oldest part of town I believe...North Florence Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:48 pm

I do have to chuckle at people who haven't had grown kids and still believe they magically get to 18 and then go off to live peaceful, productive lives during which they never need their parents help or make their parents worry any more. Poor creatures have no idea Giggle
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:51 pm

If you don't have kids, you don't understand.

Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy doh Yuck Crackingup
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:07 pm

I have three and half the time I still don't understand.....

them Giggle

I remember a few years ago being on the phone with someone who was trying to take my info for an upcoming medical appointment, and she asked my name. I really just couldn't think of it. I knew all the kids' names and my hub's name, but couldn't think of mine and had to ask hubs as he walked by (note there were twins arguing in the background), "Who am I again? I forgot" Crackingup

The lady on the phone just laughed and said, "Honey, you have kids, don't you? I understand, believe me" Giggle Giggle

And there was the time I was on the phone with the AT&T customer service lady and my cat kept walking back and forth on the table in front of me rubbing up against my face. I got a little frustrated at his tail tickling my nose and said, "Sorry I missed what you said just now. There's nothing like a little tail in your face, is there?" Embarassed

She got really quiet and I didn't realize why until I thought about what I just said to her faint I tried to explain, but she rushed through the rest of her speech and hung up.

And then there was the poor UPS man who came to the door when they were a few months old and I was in the middle of nursing them both when the doorbell rang, so I had to set them in the playpen to get it. I answered the door and smiled at him as I thanked him for bringing me the wonderful package, and then I realized he was beet red staring at my chest where I forgot to put down my shirt faint faint Embarassed

And then there was the time my son was little and I carried him up to Communion in Mass from the back of the church. I took Communion as I wondered why the priest looked faint, and then I realized that my son had been working on unbuttoning my shirt the whole way up the aisle and had succeeded completely. Poor priest looked as if he was going to fall over backwards, and I never looked him in the eye again Embarassed

So see? I have more stories like that. My brain was sucked out by my son when I was 20, I recovered only a tiny piece, and then I had twins many years later. It is all gone forever now and I can prove it Giggle
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:31 pm

I'm sorry Synyc. I can't help myself, but , those last two stories were a real HOOT.... Giggle HAha.. get it? A hoot??? Oh Lord, stop me... I got a million of um. Whistle Whistle Crackingup smokewings
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:32 pm

Jeez Louise........a fellow takes a few days off to try to get to feeling a little better and ..........WOW...where to start?

Hmmmmm......frog legs.....sand is packed and ready for you....glad hubs and kiddies are okay...

Gus....congrats and I saw a post on FB concerning you and your daughter and a purchase soooooo if I can help her out just let me know.

Cage........I think the hound, Gus and I need to carry you out for a few libations when I get home

Joy.......congrats and a big ole hug! They will be fine. They have good role models right there in front of them to guide them.

Purr.......heh heh heh tooooooooooo precious by far.

Sassy......I threw a roll your way, be looking'

The 'tick.....keep on keepin on....looks as if for right now you are the rock of the forum ........Damyum!!!!
Giggle

I Am feeling better but still can't seem to get it all out of my system. Spent some time in the ocean today and that seemed to help so I am going to give a go again tomorrow.......

Hugs and Kisses....... Giggle
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:46 pm

Good evening, Ubu! glad you're feeling better Hug

I think the roll must have hit Sassy in the head and knocked him out Giggle ......he's stretched out in the recliner and not moving Sleep
....he's had a long day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:47 pm

Here ya go Cage and Ubu a little song fer ya!
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:14 am

hey, i'm a bluegrass lover too. I'm givin you rep points for that one.
Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:27 am

Good morning everybody!

Gonna be a wonderful day!

Some clouds today, but warm and pretty much dry...a very slight chance of a t-storm popping up.

Better chance of rain tomorrow night.

I got the grass cut yesterday, so bring it on! Cool

Hope everybody has a great day!!!
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:59 am

Good morning Alabama!

Coincidence you posted that song John Reb, Earl Scruggs passed away yesterday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:11 am

I saw that so i was watching him on Youtube and posted for that reason also.
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:24 am

Good morning, Sassy, unc, JR and all. Cuppa

Ubu, I'd be more jealous were I not aware of how awful last week was for you.

I'm getting plenty of work hours...not so hot this week but will be when the paycheck comes.
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
cage the elephant
Free Verse!

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:47 am

Good Morning fellow humans!

Glad to see some of the "downs" for you are turning to "ups".

Probably be my last night in Florence. The Son and his friends have been fattened up by Mrs Cage these last couple of days and have enjoyed our visit, but, I miss the
"hollow". Giggle

Spent part of the day with Uncle yesterday and we both got high ( climbing up and down a ladder, that is } Wink My legs didn't want to work this morning!

Hope everyone has a fine day!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   

Back to top Go down

Good morning
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next