Good morning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:16 am

Riverside? I love their breakfast, and the best coffee I have found.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:47 am

Morning folks. Enjoy the day and think of what you have, not what you want. affraid

Life's not so frustrating that way. cat2
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:49 am

Come join us...sassy wont mind.
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:04 am

I would love to Purr, but previous commitments prohibit it. Thanks for the invite though.

Now......We really need to discuss a meeting of some sort for the members of this forum. This weather ain't gonna get much better. We could do a picnic where we bring a lunch or whatever. Meet at a local park. Maybe Joy could start the ball rolling with a thread to see how many are interested? I would love to put a face on my friends here. The only ones I know are Cage, which I have known for waaay too many years to talk about, and I met Ubu once over lunch, and we had a great time. I know some of you are interested so how do we go about doing it?
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:43 pm

I think that is a great idea Very Happy Sassy and i would both love to meet and greet you guys. I've attended several forum M&Gs held at Veteran's that were very successful. Two years ago the shelter deposit was 50.00 and it was reserved about a month in advance.....
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:03 pm

Bluetick wrote:
I'm sorry Synyc. I can't help myself, but , those last two stories were a real HOOT.... Giggle HAha.. get it? A hoot??? Oh Lord, stop me... I got a million of um. Whistle Whistle Crackingup smokewings

I just got in here...Blue Crackingup

You should have seen the more recent (couple of years) UPS man who...poor guy...opened the back screen door to set a package against the door (way off the street and no one can see in our back yard) right after hubs drove off and I thought it was hubs coming back, and I thought I would be silly and flash him a bit. Lifted my shirt, saw who it was, he saw me, I yelped and his eyeballs almost fell out as he yelped and tried to back off my porch. As Purr and Sassy know, there is no railing and I thought he was going to break his neck falling backwards. So I'm saying, "No, stop....no, really. Stop!" (with my shirt down...it was a brief flash), he was backing really fast and pretty much trying not to fall down the two steps. He realized he still had my package in his hands (small, fortunately) and literally threw it at me and rushed off down the driveway to his truck. He had a wedding ring on and looked really guilty as if he thought his wife saw him, but it was really an accident. I do wish I had a picture of his expression, though. Poor guy has never been back. Giggle Embarassed

I seem to have problems with shirts, don't I? I did learn my lesson, though, and I promise not to ever answer the door that way again...I swear Yes Yes
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:06 pm

Purr wrote:
Good evening, Ubu! glad you're feeling better Hug

I think the roll must have hit Sassy in the head and knocked him out Giggle ......he's stretched out in the recliner and not moving Sleep
....he's had a long day.

The kids have worn hubs out this week...he is passed out on the couch. Fell right over after saying, "When does school start back?" Giggle
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:42 am

Morning folks! Is it going to rain?
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:43 am

Howdy Gus and all. It's raining here now Gus.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:53 am

Hmm...we are planning to go over to H'ville today to SciQuest. I actually would rather drive in cloudy weather than bright sun scratch

Have a great day, everyone!!!
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:06 am

Good morning, all. coffeeyawn
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:34 am

Good morning, friends Very Happy

The rain is washing petals off one of the large dogwoods and it looks like snow falling.
Rain with no storm......there've been times, in this type weather, i've packed a picnic lunch and a thermos of coffee, grabbed a jacket and book/kindle, and whiled away a few lunch time hours in a covered park pavillion.
Tempting........lol.

I hope everyone has a great day and lets the weather add to it, not subtract from it Cool
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:37 am

I even appreciate a decent storm occasionally. One of my favorite camping trips was when I was in my early twenties. A friend of mine and I packed a few items in a garbage bag and paddled to Seven mile island on air matresses. We found a clear sandy spot and made a tent from a sheet of plastic and some cane poles that were growing there. About 8:00 that night we watched a beautiful storm work its way up river. We stayed nice and dry in our little shelter and enjoyed the lightning.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:00 am

Oh, Blue and Purr, how wonderful!! I love rain and storms (well, not looking forward to any tornadoes) too. the energy is amazing and the air gets so crisp. Oh, and the pollen settles and I don't get sunburned. Maybe I need to move somewhere where it rains a whole lot Giggle
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:19 am

I love a gentle rain. It does clean the air and the world gets a nice bath.

Now if thunder and lightning starts, I'll be in the closet. affraid affraid affraid affraid With 5 cats. Giggle

Nice today. Be careful driving folks.
Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:13 pm

Good afternoon everyone.

The rain got heavy for a bit a while ago, but now is just a gentle shower.

Hope everybody has a great day....and TGIF!!!

Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:26 pm

I am exhausted, but we made it home and all survived. One of my kids ...well...let's just say she isn't a good rider on trips. She is a wonderful child, but just an hour and a half to H'ville and I was ready to look for duct tape...lol. We have to drive 4 hours each way in May after a flight (they have never flown) and I'm looking for volunteers to take my place. Anyone want a nice plane trip, a 4 hour drive, and a few days with the inlaws, and then a nice return trip? Free????? Please Please

We did have fun, though. It was a nice day. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:59 am

Good morning everybody.

Synch, I had one child that was awful about travel and shopping. He would get irritable and cranky on car rides of over 30 minutes, and would loudly proclaim "I'm ready to go" anytime you spent more time in a store than he deemed necessary. This continued from the time he was about five until his pre teen years.

Foggy this morning, 1/3 chance of rain throughout the day.

Hoping to get some seat time in with the Harley...date night tonight for me and Purr. The last one got interrupted by the babysitter coming down with stomach virus, then the next week, we had it.

Everybody have a great day!

Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:21 am

Mornin Sassy. Mornin all.
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:55 am

Good morning, Sassy, Blue and all! Very Happy

I'm feeling all proud of myself this morning because I finally made a dent in the projects I had planned for this week. Tuesday I ended up helping daughter move into new apartment as her help flaked out on her. Yesterday I was supposed to work but got someone to take my hours and hep to it. I am off today as well and plan to jump right back in.

cheers

LOL, Sync...girl, not for all the tea in China...haha...glad y'all had a great time yesterday though. Purr & Sassy, hope your date night is purrrrfect. Wink Hope everyone else is enjoying the weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:11 am

Good morning! Hiya The early morning fog here was very pretty. It gave the same "hushhh" to the air that you get from a snowfall Very Happy

Second cup of coffee, second load of laundry, the clothesline is full, and my to do list is staring at me.....so i'm typing with my eyes closed ......
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:36 am

I am in recovery mode today since they went out while I work, so I think some coffee and quiet might help me heal a bit Giggle

We decided to hold off on the zoo until next Saturday since we couldn't bear the thought of three hours each way today after yesterday's "I want to be there now. Why isn't there a machine to take us there instantly? I'll have to invent one since I hate sitting here. How many more miles until I see SciQuest? Are we there yet? I need to pee. I'm hungry now. Where can we eat? Why did that car have a dented bumper and who ran into it? What were their names? My seatbelt's not right. I miss my car seat. Why can't you have dark windshield like the side windows? What if I have to pee again? Will you make me wait until we get there? I finished my book now and why aren't we there yet? I thought time passed faster while you read? What town is this? Go faster so we get there sooner. Go slower so I can see that sign. Why is that gas station closed? Where did their customers go and are they all out of gas now? My doll is naked and she's cold. Can we go back home to get her some clothes? Why can't I focus the sun through my magnifying glass onto A's (sister) book to see how long it takes to make a hole in it? Why didn't we get a red car or a purple one? I'm hungry and I have to pee and my seatbelt's not right. Why did those people choose to buy that car instead of one like ours? If they had bought this one would we have had to buy one like theirs?" crazy2

That was 15 minutes and her poor sister was ready to hit her with her book. She had things to do, but she wanted to talk while she did them...so then she was quiet for a minute and then in her sweet little voice...

"So if my head fell off like my doll's just did would I still be able to talk? If I could for how long? Would it be the same for adults or could they talk longer since their throats and brains are bigger? Can a boy's head talk longer than a girl's head? I think since my nerves would be all gone and my brain wouldn't be connected to my vocal cords any more I'd stop talking pretty fast...is that right? If I couldn't talk my head might explode and that really would be a mess."

Mind you I'm driving 65 in rain with cars around me and couldn't faint Crackingup when Daddy cheerfully assured her that he doesn't think anything would stop her from being able to talk and that she would figure out a way Giggle

That was 15 minutes and doesn't count the questions at SciQuest or her sister's questions...lol. Neither will accept simple explanations, and all I can say is if hubs and I didn't have science, math, medicine, and insanity covered to answer their questions none of us would get any sleep. Hubs was so tired last night he fell over on me five minutes after we sat down to watch tv together...just fell over and didn't stir until bedtime Crackingup Crackingup Crackingup Crackingup
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:40 am

Purr, you are right. This morning had that hushed feeling..I love that sound Yes
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:59 am

Good morning!

Sync, You need to enjoy every minute of it while it lasts!
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:02 am

After yesterday, you NEEDED that sound!

Your magpie reminds me a lot of one of my niece's when she was little.... "if daddy wasn't my daddy would i still be me or would i just be half me? And would the half that was me know the other half wasn't me? Would the half that wasn't me miss the real half me or recognize me if they saw me? i don't think i would recognize them unless the two mees looked alike. Do i look like me??"
The above took place while i was taking her and her two sisters home with me for the weekend. It was a looong weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good morning   

Back to top Go down

Good morning
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next