HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Prosecutor: Faith-healing choice hurt child

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Prosecutor: Faith-healing choice hurt child   Sat May 28, 2011 7:20 am

Link: Prosecutor: Faith-healing choice hurt child

Quote :
OREGON CITY, Ore. (AP) — A prosecutor charged Friday that an Oregon City couple watched a growth over their infant daughter's left eye balloon into a golf ball-sized bulge but didn't seek medical treatment because that conflicted with their religious practices.

In her opening statement, prosecutor Christine Landers said the child's father, Timothy Wyland, told a detective that "sometimes God heals, and sometimes God lets children die."

Uh, no...God gave you a brain for you to use it. For the life of me, I will never get such twisted thinking. Speaking to people who call themselves Christians...did it occur to you that God wants us to grow in knowledge and to have the wisdom to use that knowledge? I'm pretty sure that one's biblical.

Quote :
In the past two years, Clackamas County has prosecuted two other couples from the same church whose children died from untreated ailments.

Jeff and Marci Beagley were convicted of criminally negligent homicide last year and sentenced to 16 months in prison after their 16-year-old son, Neil, died of complications from an untreated urinary tract blockage.

In 2009, the Beagleys' daughter, Raylene Worthington, and her husband, Carl Brent Worthington, were acquitted of second-degree manslaughter in the death of their young daughter, Ava, who died in 2008 of bronchial pneumonia and a blood infection. Brent Worthington was convicted of the lesser charge of criminal mistreatment and sentenced to 60 days in jail.

The children of this church need to be removed from their homes permanently for their own protection! JMHO

Laws may eventually be put in place to do that. Here's the unfortunate part...well, other than the heartache the children will experience...if we get those laws in place, the line better be clear. If not, it could be used against any family with religious beliefs. Still, the most important thing is getting these children into a safe and healthy environment.

In the mean time, other Christians (me included) need to make every effort to educate the adults in this church, to reach them and teach them that what they are being taught is not biblical.
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
The Nagel
Odist

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Prosecutor: Faith-healing choice hurt child   Sat May 28, 2011 11:14 pm

this is one of the things that makes me batspit crazy.

yes, i believe in a creator. no i don't think he takes part in our day to day lives. but i do believe he leads us to certain knowledge/information/understandings.

to stand to the side and say ' God will provide' while they watch their child rot from the inside out with cancer.... while ignoreing the idea that God did provide them with modern medicine and chemotherapy and way to heal their sick child - it just makes me sick.

it makes me insane for them to stand around and wait on 'divine intervention' while the intervention was made years ago during the development of the drugs.

a man was caught in a flood.. he raced to his roof where he prayed for salvation.
a boat came by and he told them ' no, god will save me'
another boat came by and he told them ' no, god will save me'
a few hours later a helicoter came over and he told them ' no, thank you, god will save me'
the mans house was shortly overtaken by the river, and he drowned, slowly and horribly.
when he got to heaven he asked the Lord ' why, oh lord, didst thou forsake me and leave me to drown?"
and God replied ' i sent you 2 boats and a helicopter, what more did you want?"

faith is good... but some people take it to the level of dangerous ignorance.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Prosecutor: Faith-healing choice hurt child   Sun May 29, 2011 6:00 pm

God gave us dominion over everything else, you would think that means we are supposed to be able to take care of everything. I hate religion being used as an excuse for ignorance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prosecutor: Faith-healing choice hurt child   

Back to top Go down

Prosecutor: Faith-healing choice hurt child
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1