local forums

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: local forums   Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:49 pm

Just throwing in my two cents here.

For the past couple of days, I have been looking at some of the other forums around this and the surrounding area. And, if the moles are here, I am not speaking of just the other local forum, I mean the three or four that I looked at. One, in Tennessee, is so nasty, racist, rude and obnoxious, that it shocked even me. I worked on tow boats, I've worked construction, I've worked as a welder, and I spent 10 years on a loading dock. I ain't easily shocked. Snot throwing and arguments seem to be the norm. Now, don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good argument as much as anybody, but you should have , at the very least, some sort of line you don't want to cross over. When you take a disagreement past the point of the subject and resort to calling names and making things up about your opponent, I believe, is past that line All the other places including TVT seems to thrive on arguements and confrontational members, and some of the others seem to thrive on pure hate. Some of the people refuse to even listen to their opponent and send out a steady stream hate filled rants and accusations. Even when given the trurh they refuse to accept it. They make up their mind, and nothing you say or do will ever change their view. Even if you prove it. They keep on ranting and cursing, and accusing.

If you are stupid enough to let your true feelings or beliefs be known(like I have) you may be vilified , or you may be hailed as the greatest thing since Elvis. Usually you are an idiot, not fit to live, and a good candidate for a public stoning.

Point being.....we got a good thing going here. Joy and Lmm have done a great job of providing us a good wholesome place to interact with each other. We can always come here and get love respect and support from each other. We are lucky to have the membership we have here. This is the kindest, friendliest, fun,supportive, caring group of folks I have run across during my 4 or 5 years of bouncing around the internet.

On a more personal note to my friends here I would like to say thank you. You all know my religious beliefs are in contrast to the beliefs of most of you here. Never has anyone here attacked me because I have a different opinion. That makes you folks special, and it also makes you a very good example of what a person with your beliefs should be. It is seldom that I meet Christians who undersand what Jesus meant about loving your fellow man. You folks got it right.

Well, enough running the mouth (uhh..fingers) just wanted to give my two cents.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: local forums   Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:27 pm

I think it's a good group too.

Hug

(Sometimes a little TOO mushy, but it's home!)

happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: local forums   Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:31 pm

Yeah sometimes I tend to get a little mushy around 4/20 time. smokewings smokewings Crackingup Crackingup
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: local forums   Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:33 pm

OK, this religion thing. You mean you don't believe in the Easter Bunny????
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: local forums   Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:38 pm

Well the Easter Bunny is a whole different thing. I've SEEN the Easter Bunny.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: local forums   Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:43 pm

How much rum did you have when you saw him???

Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle

Love ya, blue.

Got to go to bed. Catching a bug. Thanks for that other thing. Wink

Night all.
Back to top Go down
Purr
Poet Laureate

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: local forums   Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:25 am

Blue Hug very well said Thumbup Peace Clap

Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: local forums   Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:23 am

Nice, Blue, and we love you, too! Hug

Any forum could have at least a semblance of peace if they would disallow proxy servers, ban by IP address and enforce rules that discourage troll-like behavior. I realize it would be more time consuming on a newspaper forum, but eventually the troll population would find greener pastures. Either the admins don't know how to do this or they've chosen to allow trolls for their own reasons.

What's sad is these people ('trolls') with delusions of grandeur don't realize they're being used & a joke to those allowing them to stay, not grand at all, laughed at for posts that appear insane or just plane ignorant. It seems rather cruel when you think about it. The only moral justification I could see is if studies have shown that it gives 'trolls' an outlet for hostility and lessens the chance they will act on it with people they meet face to face.

Oh Lord, I told y'all I like to analyze. I'll hush now. Giggle

Yes, Blue, I agree. This is a great bunch of folks and y'all make my world sweeter for being in it. Kitty
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: local forums   Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:42 am

Good post, Bluetick.

I'm on a couple of international forums that have banned any political or religious discussions because of the member's lack of restraint.

As for name calling, I learned to ignore that many years ago...as a cop, you get called lots of disgusting and offensive names.

Of course, Elbert Hubbard pretty much covered that with this: "If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names."

And yes, this forum is a great place, with a good bunch of members...and I'm proud to be here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: local forums   Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:58 am

I agree many forums do let not only trolls do as they wish, but a select group of regular members who are allowed and sometimes even encouraged to bully other members, make fun of anyone who doesn't think as they do, and spread hate. I don't go to any of those forums and the energy there is horrible. My political leanings and the fact that I'm not Christian aren't with the majority for this region either, and the biggest reason I come here is that the atmosphere here is one of companionship and friendship. I don't care what church...if any...any of you attend and I don't care how you vote. I just like to come relax a bit away from the nastiness and name-calling I see so many other places, and to know you are local people makes it even cooler here for me.

It's a refuge from the intrusive questions (like the first question when I meet someone is often what church I attend) and judgments, and I am happy to be here. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: local forums   Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:04 am

Oh, and I saw the Tooth Fairy last night!!! Lovely woman, and she brought my daughter Junior Mints. Needless to say my girl really likes her Giggle
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: local forums   Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:18 am

What a load of hogwash. Are you really serious? I can't believe you said that. Dang, you suck.

Whoops......my bad.........Wrong Forum Giggle

Seriously, we are truly blessed to have found one another. Y'all have helped me through some rough times here lately and I hope y'all know how much I appreciate it.

and,.................

I believe in Santa Claus.......just sayin'

Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: local forums   Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:22 am

Good post Bluetick! If anyone wonders why I am here, you just stated about as good as could be said.
I have no tolerance of hate of any kind which is why I stay out of religion and politics. I just get my feeling hurt
too easily to argue with those who will always find some kind of rebuttal to prove me wrong and themselves right.
I tend to find myself friends with those same kind of people and that is why I think this is the proper place for me to be.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: local forums   Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:24 am

Santa Claus rocks! I saw him a few times too. Nice guy and really misunderstood. yay

The big Easter Bunny in the mall is a bit creepy to me...but the real Easter Bunny???? He lays chocolate eggs!!! How could anyone not like him yay yay

We have a deal...he brings all the eggs he wants and leaves off all that awful Easter grass I can't get cleaned up for weeks Clap
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: local forums   Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:25 am

Ubu wrote:
What a load of hogwash. Are you really serious? I can't believe you said that. Dang, you suck.

Whoops......my bad.........Wrong Forum Giggle

Seriously, we are truly blessed to have found one another. Y'all have helped me through some rough times here lately and I hope y'all know how much I appreciate it.

and,.................

I believe in Santa Claus.......just sayin'

Giggle
Back to top Go down
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: local forums   Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:44 am

Synchronicity wrote:
Santa Claus rocks! I saw him a few times too. Nice guy and really misunderstood. yay

The big Easter Bunny in the mall is a bit creepy to me...but the real Easter Bunny???? He lays chocolate eggs!!! How could anyone not like him yay yay

We have a deal...he brings all the eggs he wants and leaves off all that awful Easter grass I can't get cleaned up for weeks Clap

Uhhh..I hate to be a bearer of bad tidings, but, that ain't really the Easter bunny , and them eggs ain't really chocolate. Giggle Giggle
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: local forums   Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:00 am

(((((snicker))))
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: local forums   Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:00 pm

Bluetick wrote:
Synchronicity wrote:

Uhhh..I hate to be a bearer of bad tidings, but, that ain't really the Easter bunny , and them eggs ain't really chocolate. Giggle Giggle

faint Giggle Yeah, I was wondering if anyone would comment that. Giggle
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: local forums   Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:03 pm

Shucks, if the question was "if some was going to comment" rather than "how long will it take for someone to hit that", then obviously we are not maintaining our normal standards........Rest assured, this matter will be addressed.....

Crackingup Crackingup
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: local forums   Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:18 pm

Good to know. I was just checking to see if the monitoring standards were being maintained Giggle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: local forums   

Back to top Go down

local forums
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1