Has it really been a year ago today?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Has it really been a year ago today?   Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:20 am

http://www.timesdaily.com/stories/Changed-forever,189995

Prayers and warmest thoughts for all those still dealing with the deadly tornadoes that ripped our state apart a year ago.
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Has it really been a year ago today?   Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:07 am

No That was awful. These last couple of years have changed how many of us feel when storms come, I think. We have no basement and just have a closet to hide in, and I know it won't withstand much of anything. If we could put in a little shelter we would, but they are expensive, and this is how it is for many in our area. I feel so bad for all those who were affected and the losses were just horrendous. How sad No
Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Has it really been a year ago today?   Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:20 am

Purr and I spent some time last night setting up our storm room in the basement. We've got a microwave, a radio, a couple of chairs, food and water, a bed for B-man, and some other important stuff.

I spent several weeks in the thick of the storms and the recover, including being in Hackleburg the night of the tornadoes. I went back that weekend and spent 76 hours there on three hours sleep.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Has it really been a year ago today?   Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:57 am

The people across the street from us saw a funnel right over our house and dove for cover right before two huge oaks got broken off to fall into their utility room. There were lots of lucky people, too. I wish I had a basement, but we just have a crawlspace. I like those shelters you dig into the ground and bury, but they are expensive. I'm so glad you have that all ready, Purr and Sassy!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has it really been a year ago today?   

Back to top Go down

Has it really been a year ago today?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1