PostSubject: The Enterprise Has Landed!!!!!!!!!!!   Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:24 am

at JFK airport.

Beautiful sight.

Sad the space program ended. Sad
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: The Enterprise Has Landed!!!!!!!!!!!   Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:12 pm

Well, the space program hasn't ended, but that part sure did. It was beautiful! I remember when they all rolled out and all the flights. It was cool a few times to look up and see the shuttle going over, too. Cool stuff and I hope we do much more.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: The Enterprise Has Landed!!!!!!!!!!!   Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:30 pm

They have a picture of Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) standing in front of it speaking about how he first saw it when it rolled out 35 years ago...cool since I'm a Trek fan.
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: The Enterprise Has Landed!!!!!!!!!!!   Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:55 pm

I think it's pretty much over.
............................................................................................................................

Space shuttle program ends: Were Americans sad to see it go?

The last space shuttle mission ended Thursday when Atlantis landed, and Americans aren't confident that Obama administration knows where to take human spaceflight next.

By Mark Sappenfield, Staff writer / July 21, 2011

With the landing of Atlantis bringing a formal end to the 30-year space shuttle program Thursday, NASA now turns over space station runs to private rocketmakers and instead focuses on more distant goals, such as sending astronauts to an asteroid, then Mars. But since the private space industry is not yet able to send Americans into space – and won't be for several years – the US will, in the meantime, have to pay Russia $63 million a seat to hitch a ride.

A Monitor/TIPP poll shows clearly that Americans are not pleased by the idea of relying on Russia – or anyone else – to reach space. Some 78 percent of respondents said it was very or somewhat important for the US to maintain its leadership role in space.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: The Enterprise Has Landed!!!!!!!!!!!   Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:30 pm

Yeah, the impetus has shifted for sure. Just one more thing many want but may not happen. I think one way or another it will continue, but most likely more behind teh scenes for awhile Sad
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: The Enterprise Has Landed!!!!!!!!!!!   Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:37 pm

How interesting...I did not remember the first being named Enterprise...that's awesome! Of course, had the Trekkies been patient, they might have had an Enterprise that made it into space, but I probably would have wanted the first one, too, had I been a little older. Smile

Love this pic...

Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Enterprise Has Landed!!!!!!!!!!!   

Back to top Go down

The Enterprise Has Landed!!!!!!!!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1