HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Obama and his outrageous choice to represent ALL Americans

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Obama and his outrageous choice to represent ALL Americans   Thu May 10, 2012 10:50 am

I need to vent!...and let's be honest, preach.

I put this here because it's in response to many Christians who feel a need to point out that homosexuality is a sin every chance they get. Currently it's due to Obama's speech on gay marriage.

Homosexuality is mentioned in the Bible 5-6 times...yes, that is correct. Pride is mentioned 500 times. Do the math and spend more time working on that pride thing because God apparently thinks it's more of an issue.

Furthermore, you have likely never experienced homosexuality and therefore cannot speak intelligently on the subject with any real knowledge or understanding. When you try, it just makes you look stupid and hateful.

Most importantly, God gave us the message of reconciliation, not condemnation. He kind of knew what he was doing on this one. If a person who is homosexual is reconciled to God, God and that person can deal with the homosexuality however they see fit. They don't actually need you all up in the middle of it.

We are not given a message of condemnation because we are not qualified to judge or condemn. God is and would really appreciate if all those who think the creator of the universe needs their personal assistance in this are would what? Sit down, shut up and let God be God.

Now as to Obama, he is doing his freakin' job! He is not just to represent Christian Americans; his job is to represent ALL Americans. He IS a Christian, but it is his job to consider someone who is homosexual, their needs, wants, demands, rights, and treat them fairly and equally. How often do we get a president with the intelligence to do that? Stop criticizing and think.

Rant over. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Obama and his outrageous choice to represent ALL Americans   Thu May 10, 2012 10:54 am

Your "rant" made perfect sense to me.
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Obama and his outrageous choice to represent ALL Americans   Thu May 10, 2012 11:04 am

Great post Joy!

You know, it is quite ironic that the same one's who make big issue that the government should not be involved in
our lives want to be the first one's to tell us what we can do and what we can not do.

For the record the conservatives and republicans are more concerned with seeing Obama fail than they are interested
in doing anything constructive for the people. Those with the most money rules the world plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Obama and his outrageous choice to represent ALL Americans   Thu May 10, 2012 11:57 am

I admit it............I judge people........It's a failure on my part I know, but.......

I judge them on:

A.) Did you do what you said?
B.) Are you kind to children and animals?
C.) Are you trustworthy?
and I guess.......
D.) Do you have a good attitude.....in other words, not an asshole...... Giggle

I could care less about race, creed, religious preference (or non preference as the case may be), political bent, or sexual preference...........If you pass the above, we can be really good friends......

But, I can get along with anybody.............. except the ones that fail (B)............. Bubba Bubba

I have no problems whatsoever with "same sex" marriage..............That's a non-issue to me........

With that said.........

Joy, your post is dead on as far as I am concerned..........Rant on Sister. Rant On!

Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Obama and his outrageous choice to represent ALL Americans   Thu May 10, 2012 12:00 pm

Thanks! Smile I agree with your posts as well. Thumbup

Well, I put that on facebook earlier. If a person can be excommunicated from SBC, I might be shortly...lol...right now I'm rather encouraged as people like my post. Maybe plenty of us feel this way. We just are not speaking up. May be time to speak up. Smile
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Obama and his outrageous choice to represent ALL Americans   Thu May 10, 2012 7:18 pm

A good rant, but I would feel Obama was more sincere if it was not election year.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Obama and his outrageous choice to represent ALL Americans   Thu May 10, 2012 9:39 pm

Well said, all of you!! I do think he meant it. I don't think this is when he wanted to say it and Biden's comments forced his hand, but I do think he meant what he said.

Really, awesome comments Clap Clap
Back to top Go down
The Propagandist
Sonneteer

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: Obama and his outrageous choice to represent ALL Americans   Fri May 18, 2012 6:11 pm

Joy wrote:
Now as to Obama, he is doing his freakin' job! He is not just to represent Christian Americans; his job is to represent ALL Americans. He IS a Christian, but it is his job to consider someone who is homosexual, their needs, wants, demands, rights, and treat them fairly and equally. How often do we get a president with the intelligence to do that? Stop criticizing and think.

This is the most important part. Religionists can have their beliefs, and they are free to cling to them. If they have a proselytizing urge, like most evangelicals do, they are free to speak their mind to whoever is willing to listen. Where the rub comes is when they think that our Founding Fathers (their ancestors who bequeathed this country to them, obviously) created this union of states as their exclusive domain. Well, not exclusively -- there will be others who don't hold to their creed. But they feel the (God-given?) right to make the rules for everyone, whether those others are their fellow creed-holders or not. And therein, my dear Watson, lies the rub.

Suppose we do let Christians hold sway for a period of time. Can you just imagine the furor that would erupt should we all begin to take the First Amendment seriously and insist that when that period is over they relinquish the reins and allow another religion to run the show? The Southern Baptist Convention has a whole propaganda series explaining how everyone who is not them is some kind of cult. They would have an absolute conniption should the Muslims take over and insist that they convert to Islam or have their head cut off. But that's not much different than the Inquisition burning witches at the stake, is it?

Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Obama and his outrageous choice to represent ALL Americans   Fri May 18, 2012 6:42 pm

Propagandist, you said that very well. Clap Clap I can't think of anything to add...well said. Yes
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Obama and his outrageous choice to represent ALL Americans   Sun May 20, 2012 7:43 am

The original settlers here were religious zealots. One of the main reasons for sending ships to the Americas was to spread their religion to "savages". Of course, the same can be said of every dominant civilization in history...taking what they feel is superior thought to those poor unfortunate souls who don't have such knowledge yet. They all make me want to hurl.

I'm not sure what our 'founding fathers' envisioned. I'd love to think they were above their predecessors and it included religious tolerance for all religions, but I tend to think they meant just mainly for Christians. They just were not that pure of heart, IMO.

Regardless of what THEY envisioned, WE are here today and it is up to Americans today to speak up and vote according to their own convictions, whatever they may be. Christians have as much right to do that as anyone else. Wink
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Obama and his outrageous choice to represent ALL Americans   Sun May 20, 2012 8:15 am

Yes, Christians have as much right as any other group to speak out and to vote their convictions. I think that is the key, though. "As much as any other group" and not less or more than any other group. We all matter and deserve respect and a voice or none of us do in the long run. Smile
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Obama and his outrageous choice to represent ALL Americans   Mon May 21, 2012 5:46 am

I agree, Sync, but we live in a country where majority rules. Instead of being intolerant, critical, even quite insulting of people with religious convictions, perhaps it would be wise to speak to them as equals, appeal to the intellect that religious and non-religious have in common and work toward respect and equality for all. If non-religious people one day become the majority, I can assure you I won't start out a discussion by telling them they are stupid. That would end any progress toward mutual respect right there.

Those of us who attempt to actually follow the scripture upon which our religion is based need to share that understanding of scripture with our brothers and sisters rather than look the other way as they misuse scripture to hurt others.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Obama and his outrageous choice to represent ALL Americans   Mon May 21, 2012 7:44 am

I totally agree that we all need to speak to each other with respect, and that making fun of religious beliefs and believers is not okay at all, just as calling those who don't happen to believe in a Christian God names doesn't exactly help. I would just point out as well that just because a majority believes something doesn't make it the way to think, and that this need for respect is for everyone. I wouldn't think of ever trying to talk anyone into my beliefs, and as long as no one tries to convince me that I should believe what they do I am a happy camper. Majority doesn't rule...or isn't supposed to...on the topic of religion, just as it shouldn't on some other topics like civil rights.

So I agree that we all have to approach a topic where beliefs can be deeply rooted and very important to people on all sides and of all viewpoints with respect. I am me and you are you, and this country is made of of lots of individuals like us. Unfortunately there are some of any faith and other belief system who belittle those who think differently, and I would say that the nasty atheist (notice I am saying nasty here, not all) or whatever beliefs they may hold people do as much of a disservice to those just living a peaceful life as the obnoxious religious (supposedly) person does to the religious person living a peaceful life. They don't represent most Christians any more than derisive atheists represent most atheists.

I think the fact that we can come here and enjoy each other's company without arguing over where we go to church or why says a lot about how possible it is to respect others and get along. Just as atheists come in different flavors and not all are obnoxious, so do Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, and other faiths. Very Happy Humans have many things in common with each other, and I think since most faiths and atheism as well have basic ideals of treating others with respect it seems people could get along. scratch

I'm so glad we have this place to come together and enjoy each other's company Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Obama and his outrageous choice to represent ALL Americans   Mon May 21, 2012 8:34 am

True. If we were not all so revolted by politicians, we'd make great negotiators or dare I say that ugly word, politicians. Yuck Giggle
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Obama and his outrageous choice to represent ALL Americans   Mon May 21, 2012 8:37 am

If only....too bad the word makes so many people's skin crawl Giggle
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Obama and his outrageous choice to represent ALL Americans   Mon May 21, 2012 10:38 am

I take offense over the term obnoxious. I try to be obnoxious on a regular basis. It's a good word. Razz

Let's use 'crazy zealot' for those offensive pseudo Christians. Dwarf
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Obama and his outrageous choice to represent ALL Americans   Mon May 21, 2012 8:09 pm

lmm wrote:
I take offense over the term obnoxious. I try to be obnoxious on a regular basis. It's a good word. Razz

Let's use 'crazy zealot' for those offensive pseudo Christians. Dwarf

Giggle You like obnoxiousity? I made that up, but it works for the situation Giggle

There are crazy zealots in most groups. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama and his outrageous choice to represent ALL Americans   

Back to top Go down

Obama and his outrageous choice to represent ALL Americans
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1