Alabamian

A Southern Point of View

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Fri May 25, 2012 3:38 pm

No, not for me. Giggle

My daughter really needs to speak to an attorney about child support and visitation. Right now their case is based in Florida, but she may want to move it to Alabama after speaking with an attorney. She just needs some advice from someone who knows.

Help please! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Fri May 25, 2012 3:54 pm

Cindy Schuessler 766-9565.

Tell her to drop my name........

uhhhhhh......my real name........that is Giggle
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Fri May 25, 2012 5:40 pm

Joy, can you get in touch with Sue Real? You know her real name. She got her grandson finally and I know she had a good lawyer.
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Fri May 25, 2012 8:30 pm

Yeah, but that was another state......
Back to top Go down
lmm
Epic Author

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Fri May 25, 2012 11:15 pm

I think she had lawyers in Alabama and Tenn. But, I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Fri May 25, 2012 11:46 pm

I just wanted to wish her luck and hope things work out as she wishes. I remember those times and had a hmm...legal aid I think it's called? lawyer for mine years ago Rolling Eyes It worked out, but I sure am glad you're finding a good one for her. Hug
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Sat May 26, 2012 7:03 am

Thanks, y'all, so much. I will pass along the info. Hug
Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Sat May 26, 2012 7:16 am

+1 for Cindy Shuessler...worked with her for years. She's good.
Back to top Go down
BroBama
Limerick Lover

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Tue May 29, 2012 1:13 pm

It’s all about the judge. You can waste a lot of money on an attorney.
In the case of the defendant: most any attorney will get him/her so many continuances due to lies on the part of the defendant regarding employment and hardship. You are lucky only if an ex is worthy to be called a parent.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Tue May 29, 2012 1:36 pm

I agree up to a point, Bro. Sometimes you meet without the judge to come to an agreement, and if you have a good lawyer and present yourself well you have a decent chance of coming out okay and getting things settled before the judge has to preside.

I do agree the judge makes a big difference if you get to that point, though. I've seen one time where the judge obviously didn't like one attorney and it was awful for the client. I saw a judge nodding off, too. Not that legal proceedings can't be tedious, but really. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Wed May 30, 2012 8:02 am

Hmm...that's a good point, BroBama. I think the judge handling their case in Florida is a good one. That really might be worth considering in the decision to move it here. Yes

She just needs questions answered that she can't find without an attorney. She gets various answers from various people and she needs concrete answers right now.
Back to top Go down
Firenze
Odist

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Thu May 31, 2012 10:14 am

Good luck. Some advice I've been given and think it's good. No matter what kind of case, if you bring in an "outside lawyer," you're not helping your chances. If it's in Florida, get a local on there. If in Lauderdale County, don't use on that practices mainly in Colbert, etc.

I'll PM you.
Back to top Go down
http://pen-n-sword.com/
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Thu May 31, 2012 10:17 am

OHHHHHHHHHHH LOOOOK!!!!!!!

Firenze is here.........she must have heard how you volunteered her to give me a "check up", Joy.....

Giggle Giggle
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Thu May 31, 2012 10:18 am

Ubu...look at her avatar. I think you better behave if you want to keep your eyeballs Giggle
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Thu May 31, 2012 10:24 am

I'll take the chance...........

Giggle
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Thu May 31, 2012 10:46 am

Yeah, my dog said that right before my cat sank her claws into his face. Last time he ever said that. Hope there won't be any stitches needed Giggle
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Thu May 31, 2012 11:02 am

You do realize how totally erotic that sounds, right? Wink

and if stitches are not required........welllllllllllllll......someone's not taking care of bizzness............ Whistle

Can I get an "Amen" on that Sassy?

Giggle
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Thu May 31, 2012 11:32 am

You are really weird, Ubu...stitches and holes in a face make you happy. No Goofy man Giggle
Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Thu May 31, 2012 11:32 am

Ubu wrote:
You do realize how totally erotic that sounds, right? Wink

and if stitches are not required........welllllllllllllll......someone's not taking care of bizzness............ Whistle

Can I get an "Amen" on that Sassy?

Giggle

AMEN!!!
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Thu May 31, 2012 11:39 am

Rolling Eyes to you both. Giggle

Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Thu May 31, 2012 11:43 am

Men! Sync, there ain't no way to clean those minds. Don't even try.

lol! lol! lol!

See y'all later. alien
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Thu May 31, 2012 11:46 am

Women.........post all that erotic material and then it's our fault because we get excited...........go figure Whistle
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Thu May 31, 2012 11:53 am

Joy wrote:
Men! Sync, there ain't no way to clean those minds. Don't even try.

lol! lol! lol!

See y'all later. alien

Good point...it is hopeless indeed Smile
Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Thu May 31, 2012 12:05 pm

Ubu wrote:
Women.........post all that erotic material and then it's our fault because we get excited...........go figure Whistle

You'd think they'd pick up on the fact if they don't want to see the Genie, they shouldn't rub the bottle Hmph
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   Thu May 31, 2012 1:06 pm

Sassy Kims wrote:
Ubu wrote:

You'd think they'd pick up on the fact if they don't want to see the Genie, they shouldn't rub the bottle Hmph

That pretty much sums it up..............

Well said, Sir. Well said indeed!

Now excuse me while I go out and purchase a new monitor. My old one was the subject of an accident for some reason...............

Crackingup Crackingup

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)   

Back to top Go down

Local Attorney? (Child Support, Visitation)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next