Need some advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bluetick
Poet Laureate

Aries

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:10 am

I read the link above. WOW, what a bunch of obsessed bunch of whackos. I wasn't there so I don't know much about the "war," but it must be the ONLY thing in their lives. They paint the Black sheep as a bunch of radical terrorist mad men. The ones I have become acquainted with have shown themselves to be kind supportive friendly people who welcome you even if they disagree with some of your views. For what it's worth, I enjoy your blog, and I respect your opinions. You're an ALABAMA fan and that makes you ok in my book. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:31 am

What exactly does the Black Sheep believe or do or what are they about? scratch I had no clue by the descriptions of the henchwhoevers...?
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:37 am

((((shakes head))) WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:00 am

Synchronicity wrote:
What exactly does the Black Sheep believe or do or what are they about? scratch I had no clue by the descriptions of the henchwhoevers...?

They are just a collection of good folks, many of whom I call "friend". I have never received anything other than support from them. You know many of them from the forums and have had a good report with them. Let's not have a roll call. We've done that in the past and Sync can go back and look if she wants.

As is in any group there are some that are a little extreme, but they are good people. You know we have a few here that love to push buttons. Not naming any names,.... Joy.... Giggle j/k..........

But I will say this, and after I say it, I hope that we can all remember that most of that is in the past and should not be revisited. We are all Alabamians!

Joy, please forgive me for even touching on the forum wars and bringing this to the forefront here. But, then again.....maybe Sync and Blue needed to see how extreme this issue became and can understand a little more why the TVT is the way it is and, more importantly why we love this place.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:04 am

Oh, I know how nasty people can get, especially when sitting behind their computers and thinking it's okay to be horrid to people based on a few differences of imagined slights. I definitely appreciate this place and hate drama, be it on the internet or in life. Well, on the stage it's fine, but not the rest of the time. I would say we each do the best we can in life and leave everyone else alone...my motto, anyway. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:05 am

U-B-U

You be You, and I'll be me. Harmony is Obtainable!
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:09 am

insync insync insync insync insync insync
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:12 am

Oh Lord, I really wish I had not looked. I want no part of any of that.

Sync, both sides made themselves an extreme nuisance to anyone attempting to carry on a conversation at TD's forums. 'Some' on both sides were identical in nature, guilty of the very thing they accuse the other side of doing. They are the type of people who make total butts out of themselves and when they get a taste of their own medicine cry 'victim'. There were quite a few in need of mental help and I do not mean that in any way funny. It was/is sad.
Back to top Go down
http://alabamian.forumotion.com
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:15 am

That's too bad, and yes, people definitely get carried away sometimes. We need a playpen for adult people to chill in sometimes when they get a bit cranky. Giggle
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:19 am

True Giggle
Back to top Go down
Sassy Kims
Balladeer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:29 am

There were also those who got labeled strictly because of perceived affiliation. I never joined in the fray, yet because of my friendship with several of the "black sheep" got labeled as such...and am regularly mentioned and derided in the KKB blog.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:33 am

No Wouldn't it be nice just to live our lives without a "them vs. us" that some seem to need? I mean who cares who is friends with whom? I remember people arguing over who was friends with whom and who said something about someone or maybe not, but it was in 4th grade...high school tops. Who has time for all that stuff as adults?
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:41 am

True, Sassy. I know a couple of others that got caught in the crosshairs.

Sync, I see that 'them vs. us' on Facebook right now. I have a few die hard political people who post lies about the other team's candidate...lol...then the whole Chick-fil-A thing. I want to say "LIGHTEN UP ALREADY!"...does that count when you yell it? Crackingup Crackingup Crackingup
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:45 am

Yes, Joy, it seems as if so many discussions are that way now. It's not enough to just say this is how I feel and move on, but many can't seem to do that. That's one more reason FB makes me No It's amazing how many people carry around all that icky energy from Facebook arguments. And then some carry it into real life, too. Sad and such a waste of time and energy.Sad
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:47 am

True. My daughter got rid of her FB account. To be honest, I'm not real sure why I have one. Yes, I can keep up with distant relatives and friends, but sometimes I'd rather be kept in the dark, if you know what I mean...haha. It may be time to let it go for good.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:53 am

I've seen people really feel better after dropping it. We carry around whatever we look at online, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:55 am

Joy wrote:
True. My daughter got rid of her FB account. To be honest, I'm not real sure why I have one. .

Duhhhhhhhh.......to keep up with Sassy's string of one liners......what else?

Giggle Giggle Giggle
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:01 am

lol!

They have been stellar lately, haven't they?
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:05 am

I know I'd be happier and more productive without it. I felt that way when I finally stopped visiting TVT, which was actually much more annoying than FB, but still. Because I know it worked with TVT, it would likely have the same effect getting rid of FB.

I recently found a new time waster, but I'm about sick of it now...Pinterest. I just didn't get it until a friend got all into it. So I decided to give it a try. Well, I don't even use it the way it appears others do. It's the funny stuff that keeps me coming back. Very Happy

On the FB thing...I'm just thinking I might need to keep those contacts for when I am finished with school? That's a really selfish reason, but also practical. I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:26 am

Can you keep the contacts without engaging on FB? I understand what you mean on that. I guess my question is to people if a place enriches your life or makes you on edge, irritable, depressed, or getting pulled into the angst of it all. I had a site I visited where there was lots of fighting and people were just mean. I ended up feeling pulled into the arguments trying to make peace, and my hubs pointed out to me that I was stressed and irritable with my family, describing the arguments to him, and how I got all tied into who said what to whom on there while my family waited for me to finish. It really made me think. I was getting caught up in online lives of people who may not have even been who they said, and I was bringing that negative energy to my family and my life. I am glad he said that...really made me think.

Now most of the time I come here and feel good, and since people here don't tend to bash others' politics or religion, I come away feeling as if I've had coffee with friends. I think we appreciate each other's gifts and abilities, and we are there for each other when someone needs help. That is why I come here and not a lot of other places. Yes
Back to top Go down
Joy
Poet Laureate

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:32 am

Synchronicity wrote:
Can you keep the contacts without engaging on FB? I understand what you mean on that. I guess my question is to people if a place enriches your life or makes you on edge, irritable, depressed, or getting pulled into the angst of it all. I had a site I visited where there was lots of fighting and people were just mean. I ended up feeling pulled into the arguments trying to make peace, and my hubs pointed out to me that I was stressed and irritable with my family, describing the arguments to him, and how I got all tied into who said what to whom on there while my family waited for me to finish. It really made me think. I was getting caught up in online lives of people who may not have even been who they said, and I was bringing that negative energy to my family and my life. I am glad he said that...really made me think.

Now most of the time I come here and feel good, and since people here don't tend to bash others' politics or religion, I come away feeling as if I've had coffee with friends. I think we appreciate each other's gifts and abilities, and we are there for each other when someone needs help. That is why I come here and not a lot of other places. Yes

Ouch. My husband has said the same thing, at one time about TVT and now about FB. Thanks for the wisdom, Sync. Hug

...and thanks to everyone for nice comments about this forum, but you all are the reason it's great. Yes
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:41 am

meditate
Back to top Go down
unclegus
Balladeer

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:56 am

I wish I knew the answer? The Black sheep/Henchbroad wars started I think because of a lack of trust between
two who had a former/present mate situation. It quickly lead to who could out wit the other with internet savvy
It then lead to the rest of the forum members choosing to be on one side or the other and 4-5 years later there is
a hatred situation similar to family feuds much like the Hatfield's and McCoy's. As far as I can tell the Black Sheep
have just let the feud end, but the other bunch apparently wishes for it to go on until there is harm done. Most of this
is done by one person and I cannot imagine how she thinks her identity is not known.

As for the Facebook political hate, there is a few friends whom I do not want to unfreind, but have had to alter what I allow
to be on my screen. I can only wonder why they think spewing the hatred remarks about the opposing candidate will garner
my vote in their favor. If any thing it will only make me want to vote against them.

We all need to remember that as long as this forum is for everyone to see regardless of member status that the one
writing the so mentioned hate blog is reading what is here. I can only imagine what she is going to turn this conversation into?
Back to top Go down
Ubu
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:59 am

Good Point Gus.

Joy, is there anyway you can lock this thread? I think everything has been said that needed to be said.

LMM here, Your wish is my command. insync
Back to top Go down
Synchronicity
Poet Laureate

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:59 am

Well, I'm going to go eat lunch with my family. I wish all of you and everyone else peace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   

Back to top Go down

Need some advice
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2